Hua Hin Schools

RUGBYPAUL2

Hi to everyone in sunny Hua Hin, I posted recently and got some very good replies to my internet sp so thank-you all for that.

I would now appreciate some advice on looking for a reasonable kindergarten for my kids. I am currently looking at salesian (vitthayalai)

school which is the catholic one close to Tesco. Does anyone have any children there are heard anything negative about this place?

It is quite difficult to get a child into Salesin school if it is outside of the school's acceptance periods because the classes are normally full. We tried to get our Thai boy into the Salesian buy failed since we applied too late. What friends, who have children there, say is that it is a pretty good school but their English classes are, like in most Thai schools, very poor.

I can't comment on Salesian, although I have heard some good reports on it. My children (ages 3 and 4) go to a school/nursery north of the town called Prattana (on the east side of Phetkasem Road shortly after the Hin Nam Sai Suay apartments/club) and I believe at the moment children can go up to the age of 7 there. I would recommend it if your children are in that age range, at least until you are able to sort out schooling to take them through to older years. Our oldest daughter started there when she was 2 in the nursery/kindergarten part and she loves it, as does our younger daughter. Quite a lot of children with Thai/farang parents go there but also solely Thai children. I don't know now how easy it is to get in there but it was no problem before. Cost is around 3000 baht a month when you add everything, although for the school part this is paid by the term; nursery is paid by the month.

It is quite difficult to get a child into Salesin school if it is outside of the school's acceptance periods because the classes are normally full. We tried to get our Thai boy into the Salesian buy failed since we applied too late. What friends, who have children there, say is that it is a pretty good school but their English classes are, like in most Thai schools, very poor.

This I can't confirm. Our son (Thai) is in this school and I can't claim that the English lessons are so poor. They even have English teachers from outside.

It is normal for such kind of schools that you can't put your children outside of the school acceptance periods. Especially because the classes are full. We also had to wait 4 Months until our son had a chance to make the test and could enter Salesian school.

Regards

Erich

Cheers Erich for the advice

This I can't confirm. Our son (Thai) is in this school and I can't claim that the English lessons are so poor. They even have English teachers from outside.

It is normal for such kind of schools that you can't put your children outside of the school acceptance periods. Especially because the classes are full. We also had to wait 4 Months until our son had a chance to make the test and could enter Salesian school.

Regards

Erich