Honda Air Blade I Bike

pete66

Want to get a bike to get me mobile around town, and possibly a bit further afield for taking photos.

I like the look of the Honda Air Blade i, so:

1) Its automatic right? (I'm not an experienced rider)

2) Where to buy one in CM :)

If anyone happens to own one and wants to report back, I think I'd be lucky....

cheers,

Since you are an inexperienced driver learning to drive in Chiang Mai, please let me and everyone else know when ever you go out riding ;)

I'll be the one trotting round the car park for the first month :)

Airblade is a good scooter, we have one that will be sold on soon. Boy wants something more trendy :lol:. Our PCX is the nuts, no comparison. :)

Hey that PCX looks REALLY nice .... might get one of them instead. Don't tempt me with any more upgrades !!

maybe worth renting a bike for a while first. That way you can actually try each bike out for a while and see which one you like most.

Couple of reasons to try driving first:

PCX is a really nice bike, but you will always have trouble finding parking because of its size.

Airblade is another nice bike, but its a stepover scooter, which some people have problems with

Fino, Scoopy, etc are also nice and are step though style scooters, but don't offer the same amount of power

Click, mio, etc are also nice and are step throughs, but also may not have the power you're looking for.

All are nice scooters, but all have their own drawbacks. Take your time and try them all...

maybe worth renting a bike for a while first. That way you can actually try each bike out for a while and see which one you like most.

PCX is a really nice bike, but you will always have trouble finding parking because of its size.

Airblade is another nice bike, but its a stepover scooter, which some people have problems with

Fino, Scoopy, etc are also nice and are step though style scooters, but don't offer the same amount of power

Click, mio, etc are also nice and are step throughs, but also may not have the power you're looking for.

All are nice scooters, but all have their own drawbacks. Take your time and try them all...

Great advice. Many thanks !!

Airblade is a good scooter, we have one that will be sold on soon. Boy wants something more trendy :lol:. Our PCX is the nuts, no comparison. :)

Hey that PCX looks REALLY nice .... might get one of them instead. Don't tempt me with any more upgrades !!

The PCX towers above all Honda scooters. We had a Click, now have Airblade and PCX. The latter is a mile apart. :D

Airblade is a great moto, made many medium-long trips (700km a day) on it without getting tired. You can stretch your legs while driving I need that too. Very comfortable wide seat. Tip: change the standard rear tire for a thicker one, they use to equip bikes with 2 front tires and a front tire at the backside causes easy leaks.

Well……I'm going to say it…Read the auction topic, Chaingmai forum. All the info you need to go and bid at the 'Big C' events, sorry I can't remember the guy's name who just got a bike. Maybe you could contact him for more details. All you need to know is in the topic.

It's an option right, and you can save a fair bit of money.

Have to say I like the Airblade as well, but I ride a Click, I do a lot of Kms on it, I particularly like the open space around the foot well, with a hook to hang things on, comes in well handy that!

Good luck.

Edited by Tonto21

It looks like PCX is the one I'm gonna get based on the strong recommendation by transam, among others.

CMSteve's recommendation seems sound. I may want to rent and test out a few bikes each for a week or so. But what worries me on this is insurance. How and where do you get an insurance when renting? What if the bike gets stolen?

Well……I'm going to say it…Read the auction topic, Chaingmai forum. All the info you need to go and bid at the 'Big C' events, sorry I can't remember the guy's name who just got a bike. Maybe you could contact him for more details. All you need to know is in the topic.

Have to say I like the Airblade as well, but I ride a Click, I do a lot of Kms on it, I particularly like the open space around the foot well, with a hook to hang things on, comes in well handy that!

Good luck.

Thanks but not looking for 2nd-hand. My Thai friends tell me how many rip-offs there are here buying all kinds of things, just rather keep the risk to a minimum.

Nobody has mentioned the Yamaha Nouvo yet, competes with the Honda PCX at a significantly lower price. Yamaha have many Yamaha Square shops around the city (one in front of Kaad Suan Kaew, one just south of Airport Plaza on the Hang Dong Road northbound carriageway). Also the main Yamaha centre in the middle of the old city.

For Honda, I've heard good things about the shop on Kaew Nawarat, heading towards the bus station, not far from the river on the right hand side. I found cheaper prices at a small shop (I forget the name) heading out of town towards the railway station, again on the right hand side not far from the river (before the 1st Soi on the right if I remember correctly). Barely noticeable driving past, but have a small selection and cheaper prices.

Forgot to add re: fino scoopy etc

they have the wider if not widest seat, for us farang with larger backsides.....

Good luck.

Thanks but not looking for 2nd-hand. My Thai friends tell me how many rip-offs there are here buying all kinds of things, just rather keep the risk to a minimum.

Thats cool......Each to his own. Enjoy!

Good luck.

Thats cool......Each to his own. Enjoy!

If I knew anything about bikes dude I'd take a look at auction bikes but I don't ...... I'm even worried about buying one new, grey import, whatever, hence asking for details of a good Honda dealer in town ....

if your going to travel outside the area,you would like something with a little more power.Maybe something in the 250 cc range.Fino,airblade,they are ok for going around town.

I know what you are saying, but I'll be dangerous enough (to myself at least) on a 125. Maybe upgrade later once I get some miles done without killing anyone.

AirBlade has plenty of power for touring. I've taken one on the Mae Hong song - Pai loop several times. Doi Ankhang and other mountain trips, too.

Other people ride through the mountains on 100 cc waves (often two-up if they are Thai).

pcx would be really nice with bigger engine. 125cc is just not enough.

if you are a big guy, the best option, if you prefer automatic, is yamaha nouvo 135cc.

airblades and clicks are basically the same,airblade has more space under the seat.

i've heard good thing about the new scooby or whatever that fino look-a-like is. i wouldn't by Mio, too small.

pcx would be really nice with bigger engine. 125cc is just not enough.

if you are a big guy, the best option, if you prefer automatic, is yamaha nouvo 135cc.

airblades and clicks are basically the same,airblade has more space under the seat.

i've heard good thing about the new scooby or whatever that fino look-a-like is. i wouldn't by Mio, too small.

I'm only small, like 68 kg, the more space under the seat sounds good, put some camera equipment in.

i would say go for the air blade then.

it's been on the market for long and is a reliable bike for longer trips also.

it's more pricewise then pcx, better performance and size.

nice rides and be careful! chiang mai is very easy city to drive around, no need to worry. remember insurance.

Good luck.

You know you can get a little basket for a click while still getting use of the hook they are like 89 baht I have them on a few of my clicks.

Honda Air Blade is a 110cc Fi

for 10,000 baht cheaper you could get the Suzuki Skydrive 125cc Fi, a very fine bike, has more power + cheaper to buy.

post-42643-0-59748300-1314229249_thumb.j

I love the PCX, but Suzuki Hayate 125cc Fi is so much cheaper I mean 25,000 baht cheaper..

Even cheaper and appears to be more on the roads every time i go out is the Sym 125 Jet4, also a bigger bike..

As for maybe a bigger bike later, Sym also appear to have here the Joyride 200cc at 127,000 baht and the GTS 300 cc at 175,000 baht.

if your going to travel outside the area,you would like something with a little more power.Maybe something in the 250 cc range.Fino,airblade,they are ok for going around town.

Nah you don't, not here, and the guy already said he's not a rider. I would, however, suggest you get a step-through as opposed to a scooter if heading into the mountains. The latter are all revs going up and dodgy, two-hand breaking hitting corners coming down. Hard to beat the Wave 125 imo... easy around town and you can cruise at a ton out & about no problem. You could even take it up the back-end of Doi Suthep, off-road. ;)

The PCX towers above all Honda scooters. We had a Click, now have Airblade and PCX. The latter is a mile apart. :D

Why? I've only looked at it, and it definitely looks more mature / more luxurious, but in what ways do you consider it way better?

Because having had a Click and still have an Airblade and PCX, riding them all, the PCX is like getting into a Merc after getting out a Proton taxi.

PCX seat is good, has sloping footrests for a nice relaxed sitting position and the big tyres certainly help with the bad roads. Though a heavy-ish bike for a 125 it fly's. Centre of gravity is very low and you can feel that in maneuvers. Nice wide handle bars make it a pleasure to drive.

When starting you do not hear a starter motor, just the engine purr, same with the great start/stop function, stop at the lights and engine stops, green light, open the throttle, no lag, it just goes. :D