Yesterday'S Visit To The Zoo

thaipod

Yesterday my son wanted us to take him to the zoo which is opposite parliament .When we arrived there were a lot of reds outside protesting with load speakers and music and claiming to support Yingluck and their leaders , my son was frightened and did not want to go in also many were walking through the car park to use the toilets .I don't know how other parents and their children felt let alone the animals To us it was very annoying

This country is called Thailand . It is populated by Thais. Are you a Thai?If you are ,you have a right to complain. Not that your complaint will be listened to , but you do have that right. Not a Thai?You have NO right to complain ..I sincerely hope you do not live here. Not a Thai ?go back to where ever you came from .Pronto!!!

This country is called Thailand . It is populated by Thais. Are you a Thai?If you are ,you have a right to complain. Not that your complaint will be listened to , but you do have that right. Not a Thai?You have NO right to complain ..I sincerely hope you do not live here. Not a Thai ?go back to where ever you came from .Pronto!!!

Some foreign individuals feel they have a right to engage in Thai political affairs and related.

What's even more amusing, are those who think they can decipher and analysis Thai social and political affairs/issues - when often, they haven't a clue.:D

Sorry I have to say this, because I found both of you very rude!

@ thaipod

It's because your son was frighten and you found this annoying.

Why don't you stay at home then?

@ nocturn

No one ask you to come Thailand, please go back where you belong!!!

And I assume you two are not Thai

Edited by sunnyhor

Nocturn was being ironical: saying one thing but meaning the opposite, it's a common form of humour in many parts of the world, not very common in Thailand though.

Simply explained, he is criticizing the original poster, not the Thais. ;)

Nocturn was being ironical: saying one thing but meaning the opposite, it's a common form of humour in many parts of the world, not very common in Thailand though.

Indeed he was ,as you so correctly pointed out.

Can someone help me out here.

Can those who claim a foreigner does not have a right to complain tell me exactly in which statute of the Thai law is it written that a foreigner may not express an opinion which a Thai national is allowed to express.

If there is no such statute under Thai law can you please explain under what authority you, as a foreigner, hold to tell anyone (Thai or otherwise) what opinions they may or may not express outwith those allowed under the law of Thailand.

???

Indeed he was ,as you so correctly pointed out.

.....ironical.:jap:

with load speakers and music and claiming to support Yingluck and their leaders , my son was

snip.. Sure about that, dad? The reds I know have been following the new government fairly critically, and are paying a lot of attention to ensure that the things they fought for aren't bargained away in the usual political horse trading..

...[sic] to ensure that the things they fought for aren't bargained away in the usual political horse trading..

...and what was it the reds were fighting so hard for?

Unfortunately, most are blind [including Farang pundits] that any positive change is a dream. As things remain the same as they ever were.

I was at the zoo last weekend with my wife and son. No nasty protests in sight but a herd of wild university grads made a bleeding mess of the roads in the area-dont say I didn't warn you.

Separately, I slipped the head elephant an extra cucumber while there-the word around the zoo is there is a movement afoot to have all the animals sleep during the day in protest over the protests across the street.

Even if you complain, no-one listens, so you might as well not bother. And look at these shoes, I've only had them a few weeks...

I've never really felt I needed anyone else's permission to complain or grumble, and I've never really felt minded to take notice of strangers' advice on where I should live.

If one can't complain about one's home, its scarcely home, is it?

SC

Even if you complain, no-one listens, so you might as well not bother. And look at these shoes, I've only had them a few weeks...

I've never really felt I needed anyone else's permission to complain or grumble, and I've never really felt minded to take notice of strangers' advice on where I should live.

SC

I think you're trying to reason with one of those partisan political types you get in the Thailand news section SC. Had the OP been voicing his displeasure at the other lot protesting, afarang would have been in full support of his post.

SC

I think you're trying to reason with one of those partisan political types you get in the Thailand news section SC. Had the OP been voicing his displeasure at the other lot protesting, afarang would have been in full support of his post.

Re partisan political views: I'm not really bothered about other people's political views; they can hold whatever views they choose, and whether they believe the converse is irrelevant to my beliefs.

And I thought the OP was quite measured and polite in his original whinge, as well.

I'm a little surprised (pleasantly so) that no-one has seen fit to criticise the son for being frightened, and to "grow a pear"

or posted how they would have addressed the problem with violence.

Even if you tell people to go home, they never do, they just carry on whinging and moaning as if they were back in Droylsden, ruining it for the rest of us who like to think we are on an exotic and exciting adventure.

Like the OP's son, I find loud noise disturbing - though to be fair I find amusement arcades the worst source of offence, followed by competing background music in shopping malls, and people shouting in public displays in shopping malls...

Its quite a nice zoo, though, particularly given its city centre location.

SC

Even if you tell people to go home, they never do, they just carry on whinging and moaning as if they were back in Droylsden, ruining it for the rest of us who like to think we are on an exotic and exciting adventure.

Weird as usual, but all in all a pretty good post. I would give you a Greenie if Jingthing had not whined about then until they were gotten rid of. :P

Personally, I find those members who feel the need to personally attack other members at every step of the way extremely annoying. And given the rapid decline of a whinge into all out personal nastiness, I see no reason to keep this thread open.

Would suggest to more than a few of you that you learn some manners.

//CLOSED//