Electrics

kenny999

If you're on 3 phase electricity, maybe it's due to the weather and they are now fixing power lines.

Just watch the tv and wait.

Now that is strange, the second I read your reply all the lights came on!!! have you powers lol

Most TV and some other electronics can handle dual and low voltages (110 or 220) and when one phase goes down (blown fuse on transformer) then often that phase picks up some inductive power from the other live lines giving a very low voltage supply. lights dim, fans run slow, fridge not start, but the TV is Ok.

Most TV and some other electronics can handle dual and low voltages (110 or 220) and when one phase goes down (blown fuse on transformer) then often that phase picks up some inductive power from the other live lines giving a very low voltage supply. lights dim, fans run slow, fridge not start, but the TV is Ok.

I think the term for this is 'brown out'.

Love it, Chainsaw replying to an electrical problem. Using one? Beautiful . The term is Brown -OUT ,and is extremely dangerous to any electrical appliances left switched on. Always ,UN- plug any appliances, the moment you have either a black-out OR a brown-out. 2 problems ,that can BURN OUT electric motors ,Surge in power ,when the power comes back on. This can freak out your appliances. OR a brownout tries to let the motors spin ,but not enough power to drive the motor. Upshot - motor can overheat , and burn out. I always un-plug. When the power comes back on,I DO NOT plug in ,anything for about 5 minutes, until the power supply stabilises, and then only one heavy using appliance ,at a time

Love it, Chainsaw replying to an electrical problem. Using one? Beautiful . The term is Brown -OUT ,and is extremely dangerous to any electrical appliances left switched on. Always ,UN- plug any appliances, the moment you have either a black-out OR a brown-out. 2 problems ,that can BURN OUT electric motors ,Surge in power ,when the power comes back on. This can freak out your appliances. OR a brownout tries to let the motors spin ,but not enough power to drive the motor. Upshot - motor can overheat , and burn out. I always un-plug. When the power comes back on,I DO NOT plug in ,anything for about 5 minutes, until the power supply stabilises, and then only one heavy using appliance ,at a time

Very Interesting for the non electrically minded people of which I am one!