Slime Tyre Sealant

mallmagician

Not to be confused with the flat repair goop you see in the big stores.

In my last tubes I tried 1 cup parts latex mold builder (easy to find here), half a can of Big C tire repair, spoonful each of glitter and black pepper, and thinned to gear oil viscosity with antifreeze. Rear tube split recently, from two nails, but there was one other obvious puncture that had sealed itself. Mix forms a nice pliable snot like goo when exposed to the air. Surprisingly the rear tires inside wasn't the mess I excepted.

This is a similar combo I used for tubeless mountain bike tires for several years with great results; though I used Slime in the mix instead of repair gunk.

Try The Piston Shop near JJ Market, not sure if they will have it or not but they are more likely to have some idea of what your after as opposed to the Honda / Yamaha / Kawasaki dealers. You can also buy kits for plugging your tyres as well.

In the U.S., we call the tire-fix-slime-in-a-can "Fix-a-Flat". That handy aerosol can delivers a goop that plugs the hole plus pressure to re-inflate the tire. For a while, I thought I turned into the "Fix-a-flat-fairy" because I stoppped several times and helped motorists-in-need when all they needed was a can of the stuff. Hubby and I bought it by the case, because it works well on tractor tires, too.

People are very grateful if you happen to carry a can of the stuff in your vehicle.

Edited by NancyL

In the U.S., we call the tire-fix-slime-in-a-can "Fix-a-Flat". That handy aerosol can delivers a goop that plugs the hole plus pressure to re-inflate the tire. For a while, I thought I turned into the "Fix-a-flat-fairy" because I stoppped several times and helped motorists-in-need when all they needed was a can of the stuff. Hubby and I bought it by the case, because it works well on tractor tires, too.

People are very grateful if you happen to carry a can of the stuff in your vehicle.

exactly what I am looking for, do they sell it in Pattaya? if not the same what is the brand name they sell here?

thanks

Thats slightly different to slime tho..

Slime lives in the tube full time, its a polymer gel, and if a puncture develops (and is reasonably small) leaks out, dries, and seals it.. The kind mentioned above is more of a get me to the church on time temporary repair I think.

I had to get slime brought in, run it on all my dirt bikes, great stuff. I think its a much better product in mountain bikes and or dirt bikes with tubes, I am less convinced its suitable for full time repairs to tubeless tyres, I wouldnt be happy knowing my sport bike tyre pressure is being held back by slime for example.