Non O Visa F@#K Up

I should have gone for my final stamp (to take it to 15 months) on the 5th Aug (this is the date my visa was valid until). Unfortunately I am an idiot and looked at my final stamp, which was up on the 20th Aug. I rolled up on the 18th and was told I can now only have 15 days going down to 7 days as permission to stay. I duly got my permission to stay and did some research. It turned out that I could get a 2 month stamp; which I did in an immigration office in Sisaket. I am now a bit confused though, is the new stamp related to my O visa or this also just permission to stay? The writing on the stamp is pretty much illegible apart from the dates. I am trying to find out if the immigration office have taken pity on me or if the 2 months are it and I will need another visa. Any info on this scenario would be appreciated. I was hoping to keep my non O (very convenient)going but if I am not mistaken that is now gone. I realise I can reapply for my non O, but do not want to put my funds into a Thai ban.I can also get a business visa, but I like to work on my non O as it gives me security. My original visa was issued in Hull (UK) as I am married to a Thai national and have 2 children, both born in the UK but having Thai and UK passports.The original visa was a 12 month non O multiple entry. I am legitimately working here.

Your multiple non-O is finished. It seems you are currently on an extension of stay for 60 days based on having a Thai wife and children.

You can apply for 1 year extension of stay before these 60 days are finished if you live with your wife and children and:

- can show an income of 40,000 a month (income from within Thailand requires tax documents and WP, income from abroad a confirmation letter from your embassy).

OR

- can show 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand in your name

It is also possible to get an extension of stay based on your job, if you qulify. That depends on income and kind of job.

Edit:

Money in the bank must be there for at least 2 months!!!

Your multiple non-O is finished. It seems you are currently on an extension of stay for 60 days based on having a Thai wife and children.

You can apply for 1 year extension of stay before these 60 days are finished if you live with your wife and children and:

- can show an income of 40,000 a month (income from within Thailand requires tax documents and WP, income from abroad a confirmation letter from your embassy).

OR

It is also possible to get an extension of stay based on your job, if you qulify. That depends on income and kind of job.

Edit:

I would check on the bank deposit requirement! I read a few months back in the Pattaya News that the required funds (800K / 400k) CAN be in a foreign bank, outside of Thailand. No need to show proof of funds in a Thai bank, any bank will comply with the requirements now. Correct me if i am wrong, but i think this is the case as of a change in policy implemented a few months ago.

Edited by bangkok101

Money in any bank can be used to get the visa, but not an extension.

That's probably what you heard about.

Yes, perhaps that is correct. I have included a link to a news report which does not however clearly distinguish the banking ruling for new visa or a renewal.

http://pattaya-times...ide-income-only

Edited by bangkok101

Yes, perhaps that is correct. I have included a link to a news report which does not however clearly distinguish the banking ruling for new visa or a renewal.

The author did a poor job explaining it, and one obvious mistake is that they don't issue "O-A" Visas in Thailand. Read section 2.22 here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

The author did a poor job explaining it, and one obvious mistake is that they don't issue "O-A" Visas in Thailand. Read section 2.22 here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

Looks like my o visa is gone and it is a bit <deleted> that I can get the money over but it will not be in the bank for 60 days by the time my permissiion is gone

OR

Edit:

Interesting about the extension here. Can I work on this extension as I thought it had to be a non o or non b visa. I am a teacher earning 36,000 a month

OR

Edit:

Interesting about the extension here. Can I work on this extension as I thought it had to be a non o or non b visa. I am a teacher earning 36,000 a month

If you have a work permit, you are allowed to continue to work while on a 60-day extension to visit your Thai wife. If you don't have a work permit, your current status allows you to apply for a work permit and to pick it up once it is ready, because you arrived on a non-O visa and an extension of stay based on it.

It is not clear but it appears OP let there non immigrant status expire and obtained a 15 day visa exempt entry prior to the 60 day extension for family so would not have a current non immigrant visa entry so work and extension would not be allowed.

Did you get that 60 day while still on the non immigrant stay (from immigration) or did you make a border crossing for 15 day visa exempt entry?

If the Extension is not longer valid, then if the OP had a WP then the Work Permit is also invalid.

A 60 day extension is an extension.

But an expired permisison to stay no longer means an invalid work permit, as the two are no longer connected. People on a multiple entry non-B lose there permission to stay all the time, while still having a valid WP.

If the Extension is not longer valid, then if the OP had a WP then the Work Permit is also invalid.

A 60 day extension is an extension.

But an expired permisison to stay no longer means an invalid work permit, as the two are no longer connected. People on a multiple entry non-B lose there permission to stay all the time, while still having a valid WP.

Okay. So if:

someone forgot to renew their extension and has a WP and now on overstay, then as I see it the WP does become Invalid as the WP can only be used with a valid extension/visa.

He is not allowed to stay in Thailand, so also not allowed to work. But his work permit remains valid, but can only be used in comabination with a non-immirgant entry.

In the OP's case it depends on what kind of entry he got his 60 day extension. If on a non-immigrant, he is allowed to work. If on a visa exempt entry he is not allowed to work.

He is not allowed to stay in Thailand, so also not allowed to work. But his work permit remains valid, but can only be used in comabination with a non-immirgant entry.

In the OP's case it depends on what kind of entry he got his 60 day extension. If on a non-immigrant, he is allowed to work. If on a visa exempt entry he is not allowed to work.

Soory about this delay but i had my latest stamp after the visa had expired. My stamp was on tthe 18th aug, my visa expired on the 5th. I think that I am not on an extension but have permission to stay. i also now believe that i need a new visa to work and that i will need to go through all the application processes again for the right to work. I have recently changed jobs and have reapplied for the teachers licence before the visa had expired, and am processing a new work permit for my new school. hope this all goes well as i am annoyed with myself enough as it is. Cheers all, and if you see anything that will ease my future please let me know.

Seems you are on an extension of stay for 60 days of your visa exempt entry and your work permit is no longer valid as you work for a new employer. You cannot get a work permit on such entry and will have to either convert to a non-immigrant OR get a non-B visa from abroad. You can apply for the work ppermit and should do so, but will not actually get it till you get the correct visa. Instead you get a wp3 form to show to immirgation or a consulate to show you ahve applied for the work perit.

Did you or your old school cancel your old work permit? You are supposed to do that, unles it was end of contract.

• 1 month later...

Seems you are on an extension of stay for 60 days of your visa exempt entry and your work permit is no longer valid as you work for a new employer. You cannot get a work permit on such entry and will have to either convert to a non-immigrant OR get a non-B visa from abroad. You can apply for the work ppermit and should do so, but will not actually get it till you get the correct visa. Instead you get a wp3 form to show to immirgation or a consulate to show you ahve applied for the work perit.

Did you or your old school cancel your old work permit? You are supposed to do that, unles it was end of contract.

I am still confused about the stamp. I have just been granted a work permit with it, and when I went to get a visa extension for work they did not mention the visa being out of date just that I could not get an extension for work with a non O (they insisted I needed to get a non B)

I am an idiot and looked at my final stamp, which was up on the 20th Aug. I rolled up on the 18th and was told I can now only have 15 days going down to 7 days as permission to stay. I duly got my permission to stay and did some research. It turned out that I could get a 2 month stamp; which I did in an immigration office in Sisaket.

The above is what is unclear - roll up to where for what? Just information or did you exit Thailand and return for a 15 day entry? I duly got my permission to stay makes no sense - you either had to extend with a TM.7 or make an exit/return. You say you obtained a 60 day extension but was this after an exit/return on a 15 day visa exempt or just from your previous permission to stay?

I suspect is was from your previous permission to stay and you are thus covered until 60 days and still on a non immigrant O visa entry (the visa does not have to be valid to extend the stay).

I am an idiot and looked at my final stamp, which was up on the 20th Aug. I rolled up on the 18th and was told I can now only have 15 days going down to 7 days as permission to stay. I duly got my permission to stay and did some research. It turned out that I could get a 2 month stamp; which I did in an immigration office in Sisaket.

The above is what is unclear - roll up to where for what? Just information or did you exit Thailand and return for a 15 day entry? I duly got my permission to stay makes no sense - you either had to extend with a TM.7 or make an exit/return. You say you obtained a 60 day extension but was this after an exit/return on a 15 day visa exempt or just from your previous permission to stay?

I suspect is was from your previous permission to stay and you are thus covered until 60 days and still on a non immigrant O visa entry (the visa does not have to be valid to extend the stay).

I went to the border to exit and re-enter with a new 90 extension.Because I was late the visa expiry date date had been passed (it was for the 5th august, i was several days late), they would only give me a 15 day stamp. I cannot read the stamp so do not know if it is an extension of permission to stay or just a tourist stamp.The duly part refers to this. I did exit Thailand but as i said i do not know what type of stamp it was and as mentioned above i cannot read the stamp. It does look exactly the same as the stamp just given to my friend for a year extension on his non b visa? It's all confusing for me let alone people trying to help me with this.

Cheers

I have decided that I am going to go to Savannahkhet to try for a new Non O, this is in the hope that i can still get one there with no proof of funds. If this does not work I will take the relevant paper work for a non B. i believe that what I will need is my work permit, a letter from the school, a letter from the education department and my contract, is there anything else that I will need. My school is not very good at this kind of thing (so far anyway).

Cheers