Decent Hardware Store In Bangkok

Virgilstarkwell

Does anyone know a decent hardware store in Bangkok? HomePro does not cut it, at least not the one at Ploen Chid. It's overpriced and they don't even carry nails, screws and bolts. I know a tiny hole-in-the-wall joint next to Robinsons in Asok, but they don't have what I need. I'm looking for a place that carries hardware and maybe some lumber. Any ideas?

There is a big Global House outlet on the way to Kanchanaburi.It has a huge car park but normally there are only about 20 cars in it. Maybe have a look at True Value Hardware-a few outlets around BKK-lots of American products at what seem like USA prices.

Generally I use my local-and I mean local- hardware who measures out nails and washers etc by the pound(or maybe the kilo) and then wraps them up in a bit of newspaper to take home.There is only one door but when you go inside it is like an Aladdins cave.You need to walk sideways.There is another good one on the Krunthep-Nonthaburi Road near an International School down towards the Nonthaburi boat pier(about 2 kms away)Its always packed out (with Thais.) Don't know how mobile you are so these may not be an option.

Good information Jamora.Never heard of them but I am in Bang Bua Thong stocking up on garden products quite often as it is" just around the corner".Thanks.I assume you go there personally?

I live close to there but never knew what it exactly was. Must have driven past it more then 20 times.

I find my little neighborhood shophouse hardware store to be amazing. If I don't know the Thai name of something I'll pull a picture off the internet and show them. If they don't have it they usually tell me "tomorrow"; and tomorrow it usually is.

Lumber products are usually sold at separate dealers.