Mega-projects Budget Now 1.8 Trillion Baht

Jai Dee

THE BUDGET FOR THE MEGA-PROJECTS TO INCREASE TO 1.8 TRILLION BAHT

The budget required for the government’s mega-projects is expected to rise from 1.7 trillion (1.7 ล้านล้าน) baht to 1.8 trillion baht. The additional budget will be mainly used for accommodation investment.

The plan of increasing the budget for the state’s mega-projects that are directly related to public health issues will be proposed today during the mobile Cabinet meeting at NAKHON SAWAN (นครสรรค) Province. The extra 100 billion baht increase will invested on all accommodation plans. At the same time, other mega-projects’ expenditures will be trimmed down in order to cover the increasing costs. As for the government’s annual budget for next year, it will primarily invest in education, developments of water sources and accommodations.

During the Cabinet meeting, the Ministry of Transport will also ask for a budget of 7 billion baht, to invest in the transportation development in the lower northern provinces of Thailand, namely PHICHIT, NAKHON SAWAN, UTHAI THANI, and KAMPAENGPHET (พิจิตร นครสวรรค์ อุทัยธานี กำแพงเพชร). The project will facilitate commuters up north as well as help companies in transporting their goods more conveniently. The Transport Ministry will also propose ways to develop the railway and sea transports in the north during this meeting.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Dept - 01 November 2005

The budget required for the government’s mega-projects is expected to rise from 1.7 trillion (1.7 ล้านล้าน) baht to 1.8 trillion baht. The additional budget will be mainly used to make the very rich and corrupt even more rich and corrupt.

:o:D:D

The budget required for the government’s mega-projects is expected to rise from 1.7 trillion (1.7 ล้านล้าน) baht to 1.8 trillion baht. The additional budget will be mainly used to make the very rich and corrupt even more rich and corrupt.

:o:D:D

Mega income! :D

seriously folks

when these 'leaders' of one of the most beuatiful countries i've had the privilage of visiting, when they have finished raping the country for thier own gains

tell me who is going to pick the pieces up

reading these articles before used to make me laugh it was so comical, but now how many billions and trillions have they wasted and for what, it is getting beyond a joke.

my misses came from korat and now lives in england, now she can see and understand what goes on, she is forever wondering why do they not look after my people,

this is f++king crazy

Doc Tox and his inner ring of supporters have their fingers in the supply chain, contruction companies and of course the authority to transfer the funds at whatever esculated/ inflated prices. It is sad. :D

We don't have clean water, proper roads, 12 yrs of free education, medical programs for the real poor people, etc...

Just how much do they want? It all! Who will pickup the pieces? All of us left behind :o

This so called "mega project" is just a plain fantasy...

Do you remember when exactly Thaksin spoke for the first time about this ?

Me neither... because it's a long time already.

This is pure entertainement, to amuse the locals, the press and the fools, on a regular basis.

The shapes of this mega project change every 2 weeks, regarding the weather forecast, the mood of the PM, or the color of the car he will use this day, or the number of attacks in the south the day before etc.

The only real issue would be : who will pay ? Who will finance and how ? And you will notice that nobody, even the government, has an idea about it.

That's why the "XX zillions project" or wathever is a joke. But yes you are right, they will find a way to pocket some money, that's for sure (maybe throught "faisability studies" or "environnemental impact studies", a very fashionable and modern way to take some public money).

seriously folks

when these 'leaders' of one of the most beuatiful countries i've had the privilage of visiting, when they have finished raping the country for thier own gains

reading these articles before used to make me laugh it was so comical, but now how many billions and trillions have they wasted and for what, it is getting beyond a joke.

my misses came from korat and now lives in england, now she can see and understand what goes on, she is forever wondering why do they not look after my people,

this is f++king crazy

As long as there are still some pillaging opportunities available, the Thai elites will stay in their gated Bangkok estates before reluctantly departing (sorry, no servant/slaves allowed in Los Angeles), to join their relatives in London, Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Shanghai where they have long been diverting their profits. At some point in the more distant future the environmentally degraded wastelands and spoilage of the lands of Suvarnabhumi will be left for the scattered and destitute ethnic Tai communities to subsist upon until they sink into historical oblivion. Much later the archaeologists will ponder this small native culture known as the Thais who flourished briefly and then collapsed soon after an apparent cultural apex where many large monuments were built and then abandoned. Like the Anasazi, there will tantalizing hints that perhaps segments of this culture were absorbed elsewhere around the globe.

seriously folks

this is f++king crazy

As long as there are still some pillaging opportunities available, the Thai elites will stay in their gated Bangkok estates before reluctantly departing (sorry, no servant/slaves allowed in Los Angeles), to join their relatives in London, Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Shanghai where they have long been diverting their profits. At some point in the more distant future the environmentally degraded wastelands and spoilage of the lands of Suvarnabhumi will be left for the scattered and destitute ethnic Tai communities to subsist upon until they sink into historical oblivion. Much later the archaeologists will ponder this small native culture known as the Thais who flourished briefly and then collapsed soon after an apparent cultural apex where many large monuments were built and then abandoned. Like the Anasazi, there will tantalizing hints that perhaps segments of this culture were absorbed elsewhere around the globe.

And one wonders where drama students that didn't make the big time end up.

:o

Heng, as one whose sole performance upon the stage was in a 5th grade rendition of Macbeth that was from a bowlderized version in "My Weekly Reader" circa 1964, and then, after auditions, only making the part of narrator, I will take that as a compliment to my 6:30AM musings while drinking me first cup of coffee in the morning. It is only uphill from here.

But the real question is whether you agree or disagree with the sentiment and not whether you like my inimitable style.

Heng, as one whose sole performance upon the stage was in a 5th grade rendition of Macbeth that was from a bowlderized version in "My Weekly Reader" circa 1964, and then, after auditions, only making the part of narrator, I will take that as a compliment to my 6:30AM musings while drinking me first cup of coffee in the morning. It is only uphill from here.

But the real question is whether you agree or disagree with the sentiment and not whether you like my inimitable style.

I disagree as far as "we" don't plan on moving anywhere. This isn't a stopping over point on the way to invading somewhere else. This is one of the bread (well, rice) baskets of the world -a world that already can't feed itself-. We're here to stay, 200-300 years and counting now. Think... Native Americans and then everyone who are Americans today. Same thing. Tais and Thais. Eventually the older traditions are replaced by the newer ones. "8" costs more than the number "9" at license plate auctions... people thinking eating vegetarian "jae" is a "Thai" thing... a Chinese set wedding reception is really a "Thai" tradition, etc.

Try as we might, I don't think we'll be able to turn this place into a dustbowl. And even if we could, the people themselves will always be a valuable resource. Not since the days of the Confederacy in the US has there been such a harmonius coexistance or slaves..... ehm, I mean labor and labor management.

:D

Not that one cannot criticize the government's priorities. One certainly can. But with all the criticism, it is important to keep in mind that the pace of development Thailand is experiencing during the last 20 years is nothing like it experienced before. There are so many fields it needs to catch up with, it is unreasonable to assume all of them can develop in an equal pace, in parallel.

Western countries went through similar experiences in the past. Take for example San Fransisco during the gold rush.