The Fate Of Nana Plaza

jamstock

Question of time...but anyway I hope there will be some alternative somewhere. Thailand is changing. They don't want that sleezy stuff anymore. Let's face the reality. Rents too low to cover an area in the city centre as well.

Question of time...but anyway I hope there will be some alternative somewhere. Thailand is changing. They don't want that sleezy stuff anymore. Let's face the reality. Rents too low to cover an area in the city centre as well.

That Area is prime real estate location hopefully it will be replaced with some hotel or condo, but for those who will miss all that kind of slizzy stuff there are other places in BKK they can go to visit

That Area is prime real estate location hopefully it will be replaced with some hotel or condo, but for those who will miss all that kind of slizzy stuff there are other places in BKK they can go to visit

In fewer words OP, no ... no one outside the Nana family knows. Every time the master lease comes up for renewal people forecast the end of NEP.

The master lease expires this time the end of 2012 coinciding with the Mayan prediction of the Apocalypse end of days.

Maybe the Mayans were talking about NEP.

I for one certainly would not miss it. Soi Cowboy and Patpong 1 & 2 is enough to go around for those whose desires are bent in this direction.

And when Bangkok finally becomes a replica of Milton Keynes and Warrington New Town, you will presumably be truly happy.

I for one certainly would not miss it. Soi Cowboy and Patpong 1 & 2 is enough to go around for those whose desires are bent in this direction.

And when Bangkok finally becomes a replica of Milton Keynes and Warrington New Town, you will presumably be truly happy.

Bangkok will never become a replica of Milton Keynes. There are not enough roundabouts!!

<br />
<br />
<br />Question of time...but anyway I hope there will be some alternative somewhere. Thailand is changing. They don't want that sleezy stuff anymore. Let's face the reality. Rents too low to cover an area in the city centre as well.<br />
<br /><br />That Area is prime real estate location hopefully it  will be replaced with some hotel or condo, but for those who will miss all that kind of slizzy stuff there are other places in BKK they can go to visit<br />
<br /><br />In fewer words OP, no ... no one outside the Nana family knows. Every time the master lease comes up for renewal people forecast the end of NEP.<br /><br />The master lease expires this time the end of 2012 coinciding with the Mayan prediction of the Apocalypse end of days.<br /><br />Maybe the Mayans were talking about NEP.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hahahaha... good one. Yes, Im sure the Mayans had the NEP in mind when they designed their calender.

I don't how the h_ll you have arrived at that conclusion!!

Why should it be torn down? It's a very important historical area of Bangkok. You people who want to turn Bangkok into another whitewashed western city should get off your high horses.

Most of the ones I have seen in there are quite short actually....

hmmmmm Yingluck was talking about cleaning up Bangkok's image, maybe they sold it to the Shinawatra family to pose as the saviors of thai society.

Wouldn't this be ironic? The redshirts "win" the election and then the party proceeds throw out the thousands of Issan girls working in Nana. No more new homes, cars & buffaloes for the

family..ha ha !!! :lol:

I don't how the h_ll you have arrived at that conclusion!!

Its just a bit of fun. If only more cities had such attractions.....we would all be a lot more...ummm....satisfied.

Won't be sad to see it go. Entire lower suhkumvit needs to be cleaned up.

Yes, let's "Clean it Up"

More litter bins, more starbucks, mcdonalds, kfc's and tesco lotus's.

Stop all the touting, soliciting and wheeler dealing.

Lets remove all the different characters and individuality in BKK

Lets turn it into a sterilised corporate faceless capital city.

bah.gif

It would certainly be ironic if they were to pull down that smelly eyesore. Hundreds of Isan prostitutes will be out on the street courtesy of Yingluck and big brother.

The last time i went past soi Nana Plaza there were the regulation 60 -70 year old falung sucking on Chang beer with their pee-noi's in the front bar. That bar probably turns over more than any other .Its always busy day and night.

Probably owned by a Thai man or woman with great influence. Nana plaza will probably burn down or fall down before its demolished legally. Its certainly a death trap in the event of fire.Only one narrow entry .

I've heard this prediction periodically for the last ten years. My thoughts are that it will not close anytime in the near future as it makes more money than any hotel, apartment block, or whatever could. :jap:

It also clears more as there is no upkeep

It would certainly be ironic if they were to pull down that smelly eyesore. Hundreds of Isan prostitutes will be out on the street courtesy of Yingluck and big brother.

The last time i went past soi Nana Plaza there were the regulation 60 -70 year old falung sucking on Chang beer with their pee-noi's in the front bar. That bar probably turns over more than any other .Its always busy day and night.

Probably owned by a Thai man or woman with great influence. Nana plaza will probably burn down or fall down before its demolished legally. Its certainly a death trap in the event of fire.Only one narrow entry .

There is 3 exits that I know of.

There is 3 exits that I know of.

That should be one of the questions on the New to Thailand test, how many exits from Nana are there really, only seasoned expats would know the real answer - BTW, I say there are at least four!

The last time i went past soi Nana Plaza there were the regulation 60 -70 year old falung sucking on Chang beer with their pee-noi's in the front bar.

Across the street at The Golden (Palm?Buddha?Dome? I forget), anyway the bar actually on the street from The Nana Hotel, has got to be one of the best freak watching locations on the planet. Better than TV, I can sit there for hours, drink and laugh my arse off people watching there.

The last time i went past soi Nana Plaza there were the regulation 60 -70 year old falung sucking on Chang beer with their pee-noi's in the front bar.

Across the street at The Golden (Palm?Buddha?Dome? I forget), anyway the bar actually on the street from The Nana Hotel, has got to be one of the best freak watching locations on the planet. Better than TV, I can sit there for hours, drink and laugh my arse off people watching there.

The rest of the old men go across the street to Strikers and watch you. You're probably featured in more than one YouTube video clip.

The rest of the old men go across the street to Strikers and watch you. You're probably featured in more than one YouTube video clip.

You mean that pretentious sports bar that shows boring footy? I can understand why they would watch me instead..........

You mean that pretentious sports bar that shows boring footy? I can understand why they would watch me instead..........

"Sports bar?" "Pretentious".

That's a laugh grumpy. You apparently put on a good show judging from the number of pretentious footy sports fans gazing from that side of the road.

Won't be sad to see it go. Entire lower suhkumvit needs to be cleaned up.

Yes, let's "Clean it Up"

More litter bins, more starbucks, mcdonalds, kfc's and tesco lotus's.

Stop all the touting, soliciting and wheeler dealing.

Lets remove all the different characters and individuality in BKK

Lets turn it into a sterilised corporate faceless capital city.

bah.gif

There's a big gap between cleaning up and transforming Bangkok into a bland western city.

I sure hope there won't be Starbucks and KFCs at every corners, but what's the problem with litter bins? Are you so in love with rats and foul odors?