Astro Satellite Tv

moo9

hi all,

anybody knows a reliable company in Pattaya which installs dishes and provides smart cards for the Astro package from Malaysia?

I know JSTV but pricewise they seem to be a bit on the high side.

Anybody subscribed? What did you pay?

Cheers

Moo9

I know I'm not directly answering your question, but the folloing question is somewhat related;

Has anybody in Pattaya gotten reception with the "Dreambox"? Or is it not allowed to discuss that subject on the forum?

Edited by OneZero

Just don't discuss anything illegal, then you'll be ok :)

Technically it is no problem to receive Astro in Pattaya.

I had my satelitte system installed by a local Thai in Nongprue a few years ago. I honestly can't remember what I paid, probably somewhere around 15K baht for receiver+dish+installation. I can't find his card but he has a shop opposite from the Nongprue market, around here.

I had my satelitte system installed by a local Thai in Nongprue a few years ago. I honestly can't remember what I paid, probably somewhere around 15K baht for receiver+dish+installation.

What about the Astro subscription? (Or does that fall into the area of the undiscussable?)

I quite like some of the Astro channels that are "rebroadcast" by Sophon, but I cant say that I think much of the True offering. You seem to have to subscribe to a whole load of expensive sports/film channels in order to get all the basic ones, which are the only ones I really want.

I don't have much to do with domestic Satellite TV despite my Forum Handle, but I have noticed that hotels that run Astro services are usually using a modified viewing card with a chip (in other words - hacked).

I should imagine the legal situation is that the subscription is not available outside Malaysia.

I should imagine the legal situation is that the subscription is not available outside Malaysia.

Technically not available.

There are Thai intermediaries who provide a proper valid subscription card for a fee over and above the package fee (all paid in advance for one year).

Presumably this is done via some Malaysian TV shop.

Or of course you could DIY if you know someone in Malaysia whose address you could borrow.

As far as I know the cost for Astro is still lower than the cost for True, even if you pay the supplement for the Thai intermediary.

There are Thai intermediaries who provide a proper valid subscription card for a fee over and above the package fee (all paid in advance for one year).

Or of course you could DIY if you know someone in Malaysia whose address you could borrow.

As far as I know the cost for Astro is still lower than the cost for True, even if you pay the supplement for the Thai intermediary.

Amazing, although the subscription contains the rental for Box and Dish in case of UbC.

@Raro, opposite Nongprue Market, I will take a look.

To get all the channels available on True Gold you would have to pay a lot more than you pay for True plus 23,000 Baht installation although you would get more channels than True Gold provides.

To get all the channels available on True Gold you would have to pay a lot more than you pay for True plus 23,000 Baht installation although you would get more channels than True Gold provides.

Fair enough, though I would only want a fairly basic package; no films or sport.

Fair enough, though I would only want a fairly basic package; no films or sport.

Then it could work out cheaper unless you only take the True Knowledge Package.

http://www.comsat.co.th/astro_2011.xls

http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=35

• 1 year later...

There is a shop on Pattaya Tai, opposite soi 1, next doot to Pattaya Animal Hospital

He does it from there(sorry do not recall the costs) but he is really really dodgy, every time i visited, prices and conditions were different.

I would not pay a cent, until its installed and working.

Since the dreamboxes no longer receives True the vendor selling them seems to disappear, I remembered many who paid subscriptions in advance to these vendors receiving no service since.

Be prepared that the shop might not be around when the time comes to renew your Astro subscriptions, the next shop that does it might require you to buy the whole boxes again