Visa Run Crash

There are reports that julie's visa run mini bus crashed today ..... If any TV members had friends on this visa run, you can call rattapoon hospital on 074 388505

still unclear how many are injured or how serious

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for that mate, OP.

I/we do in fact have a friend on that run, in that van. A lady we know real well.

sad.gif

I wish and hope for the best possible for her and all the others in the minivan.

If anybody has any further information, tonight, Saturday 27 August, please DO let me know. Thanks!

I will be staying logged on, see if any further info here.

IF I hear or find any further info via phone calls to the info listed by the OP, I'll post it here.

MY mobile phone is not working tonight..

We have no telephone landline.

A friend of ours w/ phone who is talking via phone to hubby of the UK lady I mentioned, says 2 in hosp minor head inj..

Says Julie was driving. Julie OK but shaken.

Just the 2 in for head whacks, observation, at least one of their hubbies sitting up for the 5AM Raja Ferry over to the mainland to go check see how she's going.

's all I know just now....

sounds not so bad...

Tnx for all feedback...

PS: have no phone but have local folks relaying same to me verbally

Edited by southbot

Under normal circumstances, I would close such a topic, till some confirmation is at hand. But due to the nature of the subject, any update would be most helpful.

Have a friend who was on the bus all we know head injuries pray to god there minor. Glad nobody was killed. Having been in motorsport my whole life is fact that the drivers of these cars have no idea how to drive fast as there is no way to drive fast SAFELY on a public road!!! An extra hour compared to one of your loved ones being hurt?? What would you choose!!

It comes as no surprise really. Like ad says, the way these people drive is crazy. After doing one organised visa run about 5 years ago I swore I would never get in one of those vans again and have always gone by myself and done it slowly, over two days.

The roads on the mainland are probably more dangerous than Samui roads in my opinion, due to the fact that you can drive at much higher speeds on those roads.

I just got back from Ranong yesterday and I must have seen at least 5 accidents on the whole trip. It rained the entire journey making the roads even more dangerous.

I wish everyone who was injured a speedy recovery.

No one knows the circumstances of the crash. Please let's not start accusations without knowledge of the facts or circumstances.

Main concern at the moment is the well being of the passengers. So any further progress reports, would be appreciated.

have been told a friend male casulaty is in hospital mid 30's with head and face injurys with back pain, but can move feet..anymore news on this guy would be good to hear?

i have also heard there is a male in Intensive Care

Hope all those injured make a speedy recovery

No one knows the circumstances of the crash. Please let's not start accusations without knowledge of the facts or circumstances.

Main concern at the moment is the well being of the passengers. So any further progress reports, would be appreciated.

Valid point however we all know speed will be a factor thats just a given!!!

There are many other factors, it's not just speed, the roads are extremely dangerous - end of story. Other factors are bad/terrible/idiot/drunk/inexperienced drivers, oil/diesel spills, general condition of the roads, lorries/trucks parked on the road, bad lighting, the list goes on...

It goes without saying everyones best wishes are with everyone one the bus.

I'm sure their are people bookes to go to the border over the next few days iand it would be helpful to them to know if Julie will be running a service. Any information i'm sure will be helpful.

Aside of that, with the distance travelled in a day and the time constaints, the heavy rainfall experienced in Thailand, the pitiful driving ability and the governments ridiculous insistance that ex pats have to do border bounces in the first place (i say this as we are all aware that its their country, not ours :rolleyes: ) mean unfortunately that accidents are going to happen.

Once again, best wishes to all involved.

There are many other factors, it's not just speed, the roads are extremely dangerous - end of story. Other factors are bad/terrible/idiot/drunk/inexperienced drivers, oil/diesel spills, general condition of the roads, lorries/trucks parked on the road, bad lighting, the list goes on...

You are correct. A little off topic but driving farangland speeds here is daft. ;)

Our friend, the UK lady who was on the bus has woken up this morning.

Apparently pretty nasty head and facial injuries, but my missus is right now speaking on phone to the nurse in attendance there at the hospital in Had Yai.

Nurse says the patient is lucid, aware of what happened and where she is, knows her name and what the date is, all the usual stuff checked for after getting knocked out.

She came into the hospital yesterday, knocked out, but fantastic news today she is awake. Possible fluid on brain though so doctors considering draining operation.

We all wish her well, the best of luck and goodness. And to the guy, another victim, also in same hospital apparently but I cannot get direct info on him.

But the info above about UK lady is verbatim this minute with head nurse in attendance at the hospital. My Thai wife is currently advising the UK ladies hubby, who is already down there now, on what he should be doing with the hospital, she knows a lot about hospitals.

So, all is best it can be just now I guess. No death.

all can be coped with safely with lower speed, hope all are save

Sad to hear all of this.

Good luck and fast recoveries to all the injured, and the scared witless too.

Gone with Julie several times. She takes the job seriously.

She is a reasonable driver herself, but doesn't always drive. Her mate is not bad in comparison to most of the mini van drivers I have ridden with. But the roads to tend to make any trip a nail biter. It's the OTHER people doing the unexpectedly STUPID move, that always causes the butt to clench, till the dangers gone.

I try to drive myself with no deadline to meet. No pressure to be back at any time. Oops missed a ferry, no prob, it's run in the morning too.

Well hope the injured recover and people make their runs this week.

Edited by animatic

My Thai wife is currently advising the UK ladies hubby, who is already down there now, on what he should be doing with the hospital, she knows a lot about hospitals.

I am sure her help is appreciated. I know if I was stuck in a foreign hospital, I would be grateful for any friendly assistance.

Reiterate other posters comments about hoping everyone has a speedy recovery.

Just a quick update for British subjects, the Foreign office & their representative have been involved & at hand.

From what I can gather 5 British injured, 3 hospitalised.

Sorry can't comment on other nationalities as I do not have that information.

Wishing all a speedy recovery.

Sad to hear all of this.

She is a reasonable driver herself, but doesn't always drive. Her mate is not bad in comparison to most of the mini van drivers I have ridden with. But the roads to tend to make any trip a nail biter. It's the OTHER people doing the unexpectedly STUPID move, that always causes the butt to clench, till the dangers gone.

I try to drive myself with no deadline to meet. No pressure to be back at any time. Oops missed a ferry, no prob, it's run in the morning too.

I have also gone with Julie's and second everything said in this post. It fits my own experiences and and preferences as far as border runs.Good luck to Julie and everyone else involved.

Sad to hear all of this.

I have also gone with Julie's and second everything said in this post. It fits my own experiences and and preferences as far as border runs.Good luck to Julie and everyone else involved.

yes best wishes to all involved. i hope the doctors can do all they can to help the injured. i have herd about this and it sounds like a nasty crash.

I have deleted an off topic post. I will again mention that at this stage, circumstances leading to that event are not clear .

There is no need at all to hijack the thread & start laying blame & insinuations when NO ONE knows the facts.

Let us just concentrate on the welfare of the people, which is what this topic is all about.

Thank You.