Help Needed From Thai Visa Members

mrbojangles

Please e-mail Sky  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK people, i need your help. Together we can get something done.

I have recently contacted Sky TV in the UK, to ask about their plans for showing Thai TV in the UK. I have just received a response from Robin Bourn, Viewer Relations, saying that they have no plans to air Thai TV as they don't think there is a market. I have responded, that i believe there is.

Could you please help by sending a very short e-mail to:- [email protected]

Ref:- Thai TV in the UK, explaining that you would be interested in Thai TV in the UK.

My e-mail was as simple as this:

"Dear Sir/ Madam

I currently subscribe to Sky and my wife has just come to join me in the UK from Thailand. I notice that Sky transmit many chanels in foreign languages but I am unable to find a Thai Language Channel. Could you please tell me as to wether Sky intends to broadcast Thai TV in the future or if indeed I can already recieve it through my digital box.

Kind regards"

Once you have e-mailed, could you tick the vote "Yes, i have e-mailed Sky" and leave a quick reply on this poll, saying that you have done it (keeps the post on the first page). This will only take 2 minutes of your time and would be greatly appreciated by many. If any of you are members of other sites could you ask people on those also, to do the same. Let's show the powers of forums like this one. :o

Edited by mrbojangles

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr BJ :o ,

A mate of mine has just had a satalite dish installed and can now get Thai tv channels. If you need any further info PM me and I will check it out for you.

Andrew :D

Hi Andrew, it's MrBoJ, although i am fond of you know what :D

Yeah, i've looked into the satelite and there seems to be 2 solutions, if you already have a Sky Box and Minidish.

1/ Purchase a second dish (80 cm) plus a small A+B box which allows you to switch between the 2 dishes. (This can be an issue with planning permission).

2/ Replace your minidish with a 85cm and dual LNB kit plus a small A+B box which allows you to switch between the 2 LNB's.

It's a bit of a pain and some areas don't let you put 2 dishes up. There are however, many other foreign language chanels currently available through Sky and this would be the easiest and cheapest way. It's just that Sky aren't aware of the amount of Thai's in the UK and so they haven't looked at it. Doing this will make them aware.

Cheers

Mr BoJ :D

Hi Bojangles,

What do you mean by Thai TV?

Because all my friends call this forum TV.

Or do you mean Thai television - which is really not up to much???? It is pretty pathatic Thai soap opera stuff.

Seonai

Hi seonai, yeah sorry, Television is the subject, not ThaiVisa. I know most Thai TV is pathetic (so is most of the UK stuff) but the Mrs likes some of the channels, especially the Music one's. ProfessorFart lent her about 20 Thai DVD's 2 weeks ago and she's nearly watched them all. Cheers Prof :o

All done blow job :o

Told them i would come round and spank them with a shitty stick if they didnt put Thai tv on for us.

You could always try these sites i have listed, and use the tv out on your pc, if you have one or you can go and buy a video card for your pc for not much money. This is what i do, its ok but not great

http://www.thailand-uk.com/tv.html

http://www.doozija.com/default.asp

http://www.hispeedworld.com/main/tv/

Sorry link didnt work first time its ok now though

Edited by daleyboy

Me and the missus just popped a couple off, sounds like the wife will also be persuading a few of her local friends to knock a few more out as well.

If they ever do agree to taking Thai TV on board, I just hope and prey that it will be a bit more comprehensive then whats currently available via the Global Thai Network (1 channel), time will tell I guess :o

Hi Mr BJ

2 more on the way  :o

Cheers. How is Oi settling in Ivan

All done blow job :D

Better than mass debator" :D:D

Cheers daleyboy

All done matey

cheers buddy, are we gonna show the scousers how to drink on saturday :D

Done mate, and a good idea.

Rj

cheers Rj

Me and the missus just popped a couple off, sounds like the wife will also be persuading a few of her local friends to knock a few more out as well.

Cheers bangkok, yeah i'll get the mrs friends to knock some out as well

Done mate, and a good idea.

Rj

Same here MrBo,

I have a second sat. dish for the missus,got around 450 channels on it,but wait for it,only ONE Thai one,waste of time really,cost around £270,no subsciption though.

Suppose it comes in handy on a rainy day.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Bugsyjnr

P.S. if you get banned from Sky,you can always borrow a taped film off me!

I pity the poor sod at Sky in the morning.

He'll get himself a coffee and then sit down at his desk and then set himself 5 minutes aside to check his emails...........

:o

Let me know when you get answers. I have already told him that i am going to post on this forum and i will go over his head if not satisfied with his answer. :D:D

Come on even those who dont live in the uk, dont mean you cant send a email and help us please our other halves in this otherwise shitty country. :D

Absolutely daleyboy :o

The work we are doing now might be of use to others when they return or come to the UK. I'm sure Boo's hubby would also like the odd Thai chanel :D her role as Moderator might pack a punch :D

Come on even those who dont live in the uk, dont mean you cant send a email and help us please our other halves in this otherwise shitty country. :D

Absolutely daleyboy :o

The work we are doing now might be of use to others when they return or come to the UK. I'm sure Boo's hubby would also like the odd Thai chanel :D her role as Moderator might pack a punch :D

I heard she packs quite a punch anyway :D without being a moderator. But maybe Tv as a whole could do something, maybe write on our behalf to sky, what do you reckon doc or George?

Maybe we could get a bit of a national petition going all the people we know sign up then collate it all together and post it to sky, after all they take enough money of all of us they should start giving something back.

Edit, just seen the Scouser on looking what do you reckon? About the same as your chances of winning tonight? :D

Edited by daleyboy

maybe Tv as a whole could do something, maybe write on our behalf to sky, what do you reckon doc or George?

Good point buddy, i'll PM George and the Doc :D

EDIT / / I've just PM'd them, if i'm not back tomorrow, then they've Banned me for my cheek :o:D

Edited by mrbojangles