Whats Up With You So Called "Riders"...?

Happysiam

Just like the Tittle of the topic says...Whats up with all you so called "riders" here on thaivisa??? you are all non existent!!!!!

I see a lot of big bikes here in Bkk, driving around, but mostly parked at j ave, thong lo, HOBS, K ville etc etc, I know alot of you, and you are all the same! You just take your bike on sunday and drive it around to the nearest starbucks and park it there with you friends, just so people can SEE you drive, and SEE that you have a bike..... but you dont RIDE, you are not a RIDER....when it comes to trips, when it comes to you taking your "baby" on the real road, where are you? in bed snuggling under sheets cause you are scared?

I have posted a lot of trips , like "lets go here...." or" riding too...." and its always the same 3-4 true riders who actually go!!! where is the rest of you????

Its so funny to see a 2005 R1 with only 9,000km :rolleyes: ...whats this????? i sent a bunch of emails to people here about riding up north soon , and i cant believe the answers i got from you guys..."my wife said no" or" my bike is in the shop" in the shop really??? for 3 months already??? how about this one "my kids will miss me"..... why dont you just say the truth?? you are a PRETENTIOUS wannabe rider who is SCARED of the road and to take your baby on it!

If thei s hurts your little riders heart, then im talking to you, if it does not, then you are a true rider...... USE YOUr bike for what its suppose to be used for, riding!!!

Edited by Happysiam

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on the OP's post. I see lots of bikes parked in front of bars, clubs and coffee shops then you start talking to the owner and they're like "oh I just ride in bkk". Seriously?? U got the whole country of Thailand as your playground and u pick the worst place to do your riding. But they're probably the same guys u see riding their r1 in a tshirt and sandals.

The OP has a point. But this forum is not alone. A rider (not I) posted on Ducati Thailand forum about riding down to Sepang this year and the thread has nearly 600 views. I was the only one who replied.

Happysiam, you need to get on Facebook!

and i cant believe the answers i got from you guys..."my wife said no"
Yeah, funny that. Many westerners I've met here who have a Thai partner are under the thumb, pussy-whipped, or the term I prefer 'c*ntstruck'. The woman carries their testicles around in her handbag. Edited by RusticCharm

I find it highly amusing that the OP uses the term "Sunday drivers"
Where? I may have missed it but I can't see this term in the op.

I can see "take their bike on Sunday". Is that what you mean? If you're gonna use quotation marks and call someone FAIL, at least get your facts right.

Edited by RusticCharm

This is what got me going crazy today:

So i went to a supermarket, i rode there on my moped, saw a few ducatis and late model cbr's and R1's parked near by, lookd around for the riders, saw them sitting down having some coffee and drinks at a table,the first thing i noticed was that they were in FULL GEAR, im talking about some had leathers, others had protectors that made them look like a robot, nice thing on. I chatted them up for a while, hoping that maybe we can ride together, they seemed nice, so i asked if they were busy next weekend,most said no, so i asked "how about a ride to........" and i got the most stupid excuses....too long to type here....the i though "wait wait wait, what???" why are u guys dressed up like you about to go to participate on motoGP? then i asked, "are you guys riding anywhere today?" some said no, maybe just down the street...then i asked the question i been dying to ask, "where do you guys live?" the answer mostly was "oh,just right around the block".....:cheesy:

and sadly, this is most of you......

The OP has a point. But this forum is not alone. A rider (not I) posted on Ducati Thailand forum about riding down to Sepang this year and the thread has nearly 600 views. I was the only one who replied.

Happysiam, you need to get on Facebook!

and i cant believe the answers i got from you guys..."my wife said no"
Yeah, funny that. Many westerners I've met here who have a Thai partner are under the thumb, pussy-whipped, or the term I prefer 'c*ntstruck'. The woman carries their testicles around in her handbag.

I guess it just comes down to whether you have the balls to be a true biker or you just wanna look cool. Sadly for many, talking about their bike at a coffee shop is more important than actually riding the dam_n thing.

Since I've started going to the track I haven't really did much riding outside of that other than riding my CBR1000 to the track for a few laps. It just doesn't feel the same anymore, not being able to ring the bikes neck every few minutes is just not that fun too me anymore.

I think I need to get out for a good ride up north sometime just to remind myself what I missing.

I think some points of the OP are true but i also think there are riders who want to ride but just too busy. As for me i work from mon to sat. often; so on sunday its my only free day sometimes there just other things to do but especially now in raining season its hard to find a day to ride.

Edited by Hili

Have to remember it's the middle of wet season as well, I've only done about 2000 kms in the last 4 months myself. Couple of trips to Rayong and Khao Yai and that's about it. I don't mind the rain, but there's a limit to how much fun you can have when the roads are incredibly slippy, puddles covering potholes, traffic moving at a snails pace, poor visibilty etc.

Maybe try again when it dries up, I think you'll get a better response.

Sadly you looking at others, doesn't sound like you have much of a ride life either, If you did you would realize that bikes, it's up to the person who owns them and most of who do,don't really care to much about what others think.

You don't like Sunday riders get on your bike anytime you want and ride. Don't need help do you?

I ride my bike when I want, not when you want

Edited by ray23

If it's pissing down rain before a ride and I have the choice, then I won't be riding. If I get caught in the rain then so be it, but I prefer to ride in the dry and enjoy myself a hell of a lot more.

hahaha, you are funny. Too scared to ride alone? Maybe the guys sitting down just didnt like you, or did not want to go on a ride with you. Ask me and I will happily tell you that i like to ride alone or with Thais... Dont judge others on how far they ride...

If I could choose, in bed with a girl on a sunday, or out on the bike alone... Hmmm would pick the bike to find a new girl :-)

but most of all, why do you have to care? I have a bike to make me happy when i feel like it, rain or not, not to be called a rider...

Riding is supposed to be a pleasant experience. Why they have clubs like the Iron butts who make it a major amount of misery by riding a thousand miles in 24 hours is just crazy to me.

I'm not a Sunday rider because I'm retired and every day is Sunday to me. I do confess that I doubt that I ride more than 3,500 kilometers in an entire year. I ride when the weather is fair and when I want to ride.

If it looks like rain, I drive the car or truck. B)

So i went to a supermarket, i rode there on my moped, saw a few ducatis and late model cbr's and R1's parked near by, lookd around for the riders, saw them sitting down having some coffee and drinks at a table,the first thing i noticed was that they were in FULL GEAR, im talking about some had leathers, others had protectors that made them look like a robot, nice thing on. I chatted them up for a while, hoping that maybe we can ride together, they seemed nice, so i asked if they were busy next weekend,most said no, so i asked "how about a ride to........" and i got the most stupid excuses....too long to type here....the i though "wait wait wait, what???" why are u guys dressed up like you about to go to participate on motoGP? then i asked, "are you guys riding anywhere today?" some said no, maybe just down the street...then i asked the question i been dying to ask, "where do you guys live?" the answer mostly was "oh,just right around the block".....:cheesy:

I always laugh when i see people in full gear riding behind a songthaew.

I ride on a daily basis...I need to get my fix.

That's the great thing about living in Chiang Mai, the mountains for curves and canal road for tuning are only 3 gears away.

But i prefer riding by myself though, hate looking back to see if the other guy is still back there or got clipped by a truck. Sometimes i just want to cruise comfortably without having to pace anyone.

Good thing about the mountains is that on the way down, everyone is equal, displacement no longer matters.

Edited by KRS1

hahaha, you are funny. Too scared to ride alone? Maybe the guys sitting down just didnt like you, or did not want to go on a ride with you. Ask me and I will happily tell you that i like to ride alone or with Thais... Dont judge others on how far they ride...

If I could choose, in bed with a girl on a sunday, or out on the bike alone... Hmmm would pick the bike to find a new girl :-)

but most of all, why do you have to care? I have a bike to make me happy when i feel like it, rain or not, not to be called a rider...

Na, they just pretentious people, like u that need a cbr250 to get a girl? hahahahhaa you are really funny.

I always laugh when i see people in full gear riding behind a songthaew.

I ride on a daily basis...I need to get my fix.

That's the great thing about living in Chiang Mai, the mountains for curves and canal road for tuning are only 3 gears away.

But i prefer riding by myself though, hate looking back to see if the other guy is still back there or got clipped by a truck. Sometimes i just want to cruise comfortably without having to pace anyone.

Good thing about the mountains is that on the way down, everyone is equal, displacement no longer matters.

Man, i cant wait to go to chiang mai!

OP, your talking <deleted>.

My 7 ltr Pontiac came out when l felt like it. Same for '' Special '' big bikes. LOS is NOT the place to use mega power on a daily basis, whether bike or car. Don't knock other owners, their decision. :rolleyes:

Get yourself up north, plenty of people up here with bikes and some of the best roads in Thailand. Here's a pic from yesterday's trip

I'm glad someone took some photos from yesterday. Thanks mate. Did you hear any news on the Fang trip today?

Riding is supposed to be a pleasant experience. Why they have clubs like the Iron butts who make it a major amount of misery by riding a thousand miles in 24 hours is just crazy to me.

It's called dedication. To some people its more than doing a Sunday Ride. Its about doing what most people would only dream of.

OP, your talking <deleted>.

My 7 ltr Pontiac came out when l felt like it. Same for '' Special '' big bikes. LOS is NOT the place to use mega power on a daily basis, whether bike or car. Don't knock other owners, their decision. :rolleyes:

Spot on trans-am.

I been riding bikes on & off for app. 25 years. Sometimes I didn't ride for 5 years during that period due to different circumstances. I can not and I will not live my life only for riding, come on there are many other things in life than riding a bike, well for me there are anyway.

OP are you happy in Siam?? Why do you care so much if a couple of guys with big bikes sits in leather suits and drinking coffee only a block from home? Thank Buddha it is their choose in a free country.

One guy here in this forum drove Pattaya/ Chang Mai & return on a Honda Wave, now that is what I call a real Rider/biker.

Happysiam

You need to get out of Bangkok. North or south. I live in Udon and have found lots of riders that are up for trips all the time. There are 100 of good mountain roads between Udon and Chiang Mai. We are getting close to the time of year there will lots of biker meets. Once you start going to them you will meet more people that like riding. Also Try the Meet UP for Thailand and GT Riders and post some rides you want to do and you will get some interested people.