Spa Fracorchamps On In 50 Mins

Hi Rivalex, whatever happened to the F1 forum?

Hi F1. Not sure, people seemed to lose interest. I think such a discussion requires a few more than a handful of people to keep it going. Perhaps a dedicated F1 forum is a better place to share one's views?

But if there's only a handful of us out there, the thread would still keep going as long as we post?

The 'holiday' meant there was little to talk about, but the last race had everything!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi F1. Not sure, people seemed to lose interest. I think such a discussion requires a few more than a handful of people to keep it going. Perhaps a dedicated F1 forum is a better place to share one's views?

But if there's only a handful of us out there, the thread would still keep going as long as we post?

The 'holiday' meant there was little to talk about, but the last race had everything!

But if you only have a handful of people, things get a bit predictable and boring. You need some fresh input and some new perspective to keep things interesting. My opinion anyway...

But if you only have a handful of people, things get a bit predictable and boring. You need some fresh input and some new perspective to keep things interesting. My opinion anyway...

You're right :(.

Except that when people do participate they get attacked and flamed for their input not unlike happens here constantly so why bother? Too many people who know nothing but claim to know everything and not willing to listen to some who actually do HAVE practical knowledge, experience and a bold or different perspective which is called into question and then flame those posters out of their own insecurities and ignorance..

Like so many other similar forums I've been on and left just to see them soon follow this one is destined for the same heap as those since it is dominated by a few forum hooligans who have childish insecurities they constantly display in throwing about insults and school yard bullying and try to mask it as "taking the piss" (which is British slang BTW) or something to that effect. Usually those remaining members then end up talking to themselves and soon crying out "where is so and so these days"? But not because they miss the banter but because they miss abusing them to bolster their own inadequacies and short comings..

It's one thing to have a little back and forth exchange but to have a dog pack like mentality and overtly misplaced, egotistically provoked, nationalistic pride and to take it to extreme limits without comprehending the boundaries is not what people come here to experience..

In closing BTW I'd like to say that denial is not a river in Egypt... You can line up as predicted now and hammer the messenger for the message.... :hit-the-fan: or conversely you can change your perspective, do some self examination and learn something else or go the way of the Dodo.. As the Thai's would say, "up to you"..

Edited by WarpSpeed

[

Except that when people do participate they get attacked and flamed for their input not unlike happens here constantly so why bother? Too many people who know nothing but claim to know everything and not willing to listen to some who actually do HAVE practical knowledge, experience and a bold or different perspective which is called into question and then flame those posters out of their own insecurities and ignorance..

Like so many other similar forums I've been on and left just to see them soon follow this one is destined for the same heap as those since it is dominated by a few forum hooligans who have childish insecurities they constantly display in throwing about insults and school yard bullying and try to mask it as "taking the piss" (which is British slang BTW) or something to that effect. Usually those remaining members then end up talking to themselves and soon crying out "where is so and so these days"? But not because they miss the banter but because they miss abusing them to bolster their own inadequacies and short comings..

It's one thing to have a little back and forth exchange but to have a dog pack like mentality and overtly misplaced, egotistically provoked, nationalistic pride and to take it to extreme limits without comprehending the boundaries is not what people come here to experience..

In closing BTW I'd like to say that denial is not a river in Egypt... You can line up as predicted now and hammer the messenger for the message.... :hit-the-fan: or conversely you can change your perspective, do some self examination and learn something else or go the way of the Dodo.. As the Thai's would say, "up to you"..

That is a very narcissistic post from someone who won't realize it, sadly. ;)

At the end of the day, we are all here under exactly the same rules, and we are all free to express ourselves within those rules. Chose to stay or chose to go. Up to you.

At the end of the day, we are all here under exactly the same rules, and we are all free to express ourselves within those rules. Choose to stay or choose to go. Up to you.

Exactly. I am an Ex F1 driver :rolleyes: but l do not expect everyone to agree with what l say, eh. ;)

At the end of the day, we are all here under exactly the same rules, and we are all free to express ourselves within those rules. Chose to stay or chose to go. Up to you.

So what rules dictate flaming attacks and belittling not just in a thread regarding a given topic but in threads completely unrelated where old posts are reintroduced and used as digs and baiting of members? JFYI I'm not speaking just for myself this is modus operandi for you and your clique of other British buddies here and it goes on mostly unchecked.. Can't imagine why :whistling: ?

I DISCUSS topics and then leave it alone if one doesn't agree with my point without continued belittling and reprisals on every other topic, show me one of you that does that, instead of stalking someone around the board and ALWAYS finding some fault in what they post? I also give EVERYONE, even including you, the benefit of the doubt based on the merit of your post regardless in any topic in spite of any disagreement from past topics, I.E. I don't hold on to childish grudges. On the other hand I've never seen a single one of you capable of doing that you all act like children in a playground continually throwing barbs at those you don't like and never able to get past it and move on..

Case in point F1 for whom I have a new found respect was more man then any of you (no insult intended F1) by openly posting her appreciation for my point of view the other day and likely opened herself up to some ridicule for doing so, in fact quite predictably and true to form Rixalex was first in line to make some snide comment. It took integrity and intestinal fortitude all of you lack for her to do that and she has my respect for doing so and it's well justified but I'd not piss on any of you to save your life if you were on fire..

So what rules dictate flaming attacks and belittling not just in a thread regarding a given topic but in threads completely unrelated where old posts are reintroduced and used as digs and baiting of members? JFYI I'm not speaking just for myself this is modus operandi for you and your clique of other British buddies here and it goes on mostly unchecked.. Can't imagine why :whistling: ?

I DISCUSS topics and then leave it alone if one doesn't agree with my point without continued belittling and reprisals on every other topic, show me one of you that does that, instead of stalking someone around the board and ALWAYS finding some fault in what they post? I also give EVERYONE, even including you, the benefit of the doubt based on the merit of your post regardless in any topic in spite of any disagreement from past topics, I.E. I don't hold on to childish grudges. On the other hand I've never seen a single one of you capable of doing that you all act like children in a playground continually throwing barbs at those you don't like and never able to get past it and move on..

Case in point F1 for whom I have a new found respect was more man then any of you (no insult intended F1) by openly posting her appreciation for my point of view the other day and likely opened herself up to some ridicule for doing so, in fact quite predictably and true to form Rixalex was first in line to make some snide comment. It took integrity and intestinal fortitude all of you lack for her to do that and she has my respect for doing so and it's well justified but I'd not piss on any of you to save your life if you were on fire..

Warpy, you just do not see that YOU slag people off all the time when they do not agree with YOU. I proved you wrong about MGB and Firebird (my domain) stuff but you were not a man and accepted YOU were wrong and slagged me off. YOU are narcissistic, which was first pointed out by another member a while back, not me.

This is a great motoring forum that has helped many and they really are not interested in your claim to fame but information and help.

Get a grip of yourself and provide the valuable info that we know you have WITHOUT slagging off everybody. ;)

Your post shows you have a problem, perhaps former glory gone and you cannot deal with it, who knows, but your attitude to guys here does you a miss service. ;)

So what rules dictate flaming attacks and belittling not just in a thread regarding a given topic but in threads completely unrelated where old posts are reintroduced and used as digs and baiting of members?

Rule number one about respecting other members. I can only assume if the posts you mention have not been removed by moderation, they were not deemed to be in breach.

JFYI I'm not speaking just for myself this is modus operandi for you and your clique of other British buddies here and it goes on mostly unchecked.. Can't imagine why :whistling: ?

As transam says, it is you who is constantly being patronising and rude, and this provokes a reaction, which you seem unable to take.

Anyway, i really can't be bothered with you or your bigotry any more. If anyone wishes to see a perfect example of how you manage to disrail a perfectly amicable, civil and polite discussion, this one below is one of many. Judge for yourselves people.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/486129-turn-air-con-off-engine-temp-goes-up/

Really i have nothing more to say.

So what rules dictate flaming attacks and belittling not just in a thread regarding a given topic but in threads completely unrelated where old posts are reintroduced and used as digs and baiting of members?

Rule number one about respecting other members. I can only assume if the posts you mention have not been removed by moderation, they were not deemed to be in breach.

JFYI I'm not speaking just for myself this is modus operandi for you and your clique of other British buddies here and it goes on mostly unchecked.. Can't imagine why :whistling: ?

As transam says, it is you who is constantly being patronising and rude, and this provokes a reaction, which you seem unable to take.

Anyway, i really can't be bothered with you or your bigotry any more. If anyone wishes to see a perfect example of how you manage to disrail a perfectly amicable, civil and polite discussion, this one below is one of many. Judge for yourselves people.

http://www.thaivisa....e-temp-goes-up/

I remember. Take note Warp and PLEASE come on board. It's a great forum that needs you. :)

I'm obviously missing something here...

With the greatest of respect yes you have,:D if you ever got to watch MotoGP over the years you would of seen interviews of Ralf Schumacher along with other F1 driver that have attended MotoGP because it is in between what is usually at times the fortnightly events.

Looking at this thread there should be slagging off forum started.:D

Edited by Kwasaki

I can see your point when it comes to F1 :whistling: on MotoGp we get into all sorts of stuff.:)

I remember. Take note Warp and PLEASE come on board. It's a great forum that needs you. :)

Look I think your all ganging up on Warby too much, OK he is assertive, direct and sometimes and downright blunt but I'm sorry, I don't see why that should bother anyone.

If I post something that is misleading and Warby pulls me up on it, how ever way he goes about doesn't matter to me, I don't mine, I take it on the chin and forget it.

It take all kinds to make a world, come on, me and most of us are old enough to cut some slack.:jap:

Look I think your all ganging up on Warby too much, OK he is assertive, direct and sometimes and downright blunt but I'm sorry, I don't see why that should bother anyone.

If I post something that is misleading and Warby pulls me up on it, how ever way he goes about doesn't matter to me, I don't mine, I take it on the chin and forget it.

It take all kinds to make a world, come on, me and most of us are old enough to cut some slack.:jap:

What you consider blunt, others may consider rude, and i do with concerns him, particularly when he brings racism into it, as he often does, but that wouldn't overly bother me. What does is this portrayal he gives of himself, that you have obviously bought into, of him being the victim, of him being unfairly picked on. Simple truth of the matter is, he comes out regularly with unprovoked rude and offensive stuff (see below), and then feels hard done by when people, quite naturally i think, respond in kind, and comes looking for sympathy, as he did in this very thread. By all means give him yours, but don't expect or ask those he goes out of his way to offend, to be joining you.

Yes, I was born very intelligent and learned quite a bit a long the way, shame you weren't so lucky.. And your welcome BTW your attitude is why so many people think most Brits are such knobs and they're correct....

As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen... or to put it another way, if you don't like getting a strong reaction to your comments, stop posting in a rude and offensive manner. And i for one would be happy if he did, because i do think he has something to offer.

What you consider blunt, others may consider rude, and i do with concerns him, particularly when he brings racism into it, as he often does, but that wouldn't overly bother me. What does is this portrayal he gives of himself, that you have obviously bought into, of him being the victim, of him being unfairly picked on. Simple truth of the matter is, he comes out regularly with unprovoked rude and offensive stuff (see below), and then feels hard done by when people, quite naturally i think, respond in kind, and comes looking for sympathy, as he did in this very thread. By all means give him yours, but don't expect or ask those he goes out of his way to offend, to be joining you.

Yes, I was born very intelligent and learned quite a bit a long the way, shame you weren't so lucky.. And your welcome BTW your attitude is why so many people think most Brits are such knobs and they're correct....

As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen... or to put it another way, if you don't like getting a strong reaction to your comments, stop posting in a rude and offensive manner. And i for one would be happy if he did, because i do think he has something to offer.

+1, I agree.

Cheers Kwasaki, a MAN with principles and character :jap: which can't be said for several others here, Rixalex doesn't even know what "racism" is as there is no such thing as a British race, what a tosser and yet he's trying to inject it into the topic and project on me. I tried to use the reasoned approach and look how that was received as usual, so all he has to do now is take a step backwards and look at himself and his insecurities in the mirror to discover the source of the real issue as does T/A..

Some people just aren't mature enough to speak to like adults as I do here, as you said blunt and to the point most times, so they get all hyper-sensitive like a scolded child and can't get over it. Good to see there are, as I knew there were, some here who differentiate between the 2 and even now with your friendly advice he's still on about it and is unable to assimilate the wise advice that's been dispensed..

He can't even give you credit for being able to make up your own mind about the posts you see with your own adult eyes, he says you're naive and have "bought into my being the victim". Face it he's blinded by his own rhetoric and time for him to back off and take a break and he's the last person to lecture about being "rude", his entire rant is rude and has clear agenda. Nor has he any business even calling me on it, that in and of itself is also rude especially on a public forum, there is a PM option he's never availed himself of. The definition obviously eludes him like everything else does, the reason he thinks it's being rude and you don't snaps back to that scolded inner child he's displaying. He's lost the plot and is unable to recognize the backlash..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Cheers Kwasaki, a MAN with principles and character :jap: which can't be said for several others here, Rixalex doesn't even know what "racism" is as there is no such thing as a British race, what a tosser and yet he's trying to inject it into the topic. I tried to use the reasoned approach and look how that was received as usual, so all he has to do now is take a step backwards and look at himself and his insecurities in the mirror to discover the source of the real issue as does T/A..

Some people just aren't mature enough to speak to like adults as I do here, as you said blunt and to the point most times, so they get all hyper-sensitive like a scolded child and can't get over it. Good to see there are, as I knew there were, some here who differentiate between the 2 and even now with your friendly advice he's still on about it and is unable to assimilate the wise advice that's been dispensed..

Don't think you know the meaning of the word principles. And 2, no. You have insulted many on this forum in the past. Some here have good memories. If you feel you must insult a member cos he disagrees with you then you have a problem.

The post that Riv has shown is a prime example of degrading a nationality because someone disagrees with your point of view.

MAN, hmmmmm, nothing to do with kwacks being a MAN, think he feels sorry for you.

If you want to play it your way then the next time you insult me, whether my nationality or whatever, l will use the report button.

+1, I agree.

Lots of lessons to be heeded in there for both of you, too bad you don't see them. As usual Rixalex misses the forest for the trees and uses a quote of mine that is in response to "rude" and belittling remarks directed towards me by others and then calls my response in kind "rude and offensive" rudeness begets rudeness and in the process of complaining suggests to me "can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" when he or anyone gets a strong reaction in response by me to their rude and belittling posts directed at me.. :rolleyes: Love it! You can't write stuff like this it's like reading a Laurel and Hardy comedy skit...Trying now to figure out which one is Laurel and which one is Hardy is bit tough though :whistling: ..

Don't think you know the meaning of the word principles. And 2, no. You have insulted many on this forum in the past. Some here have good memories. If you feel you must insult a member cos he disagrees with you then you have a problem.

The post that Riv has shown is a prime example of degrading a nationality because someone disagrees with your point of view.

MAN, hmmmmm, nothing to do with kwacks being a MAN, think he feels sorry for you.

If you want to play it your way then the next time you insult me, whether my nationality or whatever, l will use the report button.

Have to clean up your crap quoting again, is that too rude for you?? If not try this. Don't recall the post being directed at you.. So your opinion is moot.. I do agree though, you don't "think"... Case closed, moving on now...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Have to clean up your crap quoting again, is that too rude for you?? If not try this. Don't recall the post being directed at you.. So your opinion is moot.. I do agree though, you don't "think"... Case closed, moving on now...

Your quote said '' Many think Brits are Knobs and they are correct '',

the plural, so it is aimed at Brits on the forum. No Brit on this forum would stoop that low as to insult you USA guys. Case closed.

Nothing more to add to this off-topic matter, besides to say, it is all there as a matter of public record, who said what. If people read it and come to the conclusion that WarpSpeed is an innocent victim who has been unfairly persecuted and picked on, then so be it. Go ahead, give him your shoulder.

Life really is too short. Mine is anyway.

How on earth did this descend to a slanging match??

It started off so well - even if it should have been on the F1 thread in Sports, Hobbies and Activities.

For what its worth, I agree that most Brits here are worth avoiding - even though I am one :lol:.

It started off so well - even if it should have been on the F1 thread in Sports, Hobbies and Activities.

For what its worth, I agree that most Brits here are worth avoiding - even though I am one :lol:.

Sorry you think that. :(

But it will make the pain in the ass very happy eh.

I live on Phuket which will probably explain it...

:cheesy: Nice one. :D

:cheesy: Nice one. :D

I live on Phuket mainly............................... Lightly Grilled, and served with a Tuna Salad, most tasty.:jap: