Training Partner

LongJohn

I am looking for a training partner.

After a long period of inactivity I would like to start working out. After considering several options like getting my own equipment or going to a gym I concluded that I need a training partner for safety, motivation and fun.

Basically I am very tall and skinny and have set myself the goal of gaining 10kg of weight. Since eating like pig or drinking loads of beer doesn't make me gain a single kilo it has to be 10kg of muscle. I am 199 cm and 75kg......and within 15 months I target 85kg.

If you would like to start working out seriously three times per week (Olympic weight lifting style) in the Powerhouse Gym on Nimmanhemin Road, please PM me. I can only train at about 10:00 AM or 14:30 PM during weekdays. I am going to use a system where you only do a few types of workouts that train many muscle groups (dead lifts, bench press...) and will not be using any machines to isolate muscles. Every workout the weight is increased by a tiny 0.5 kg. As soon as I fail I will drop the weight by a few kg and start adding 0.5 kg per workout again until the next failure.

So my focus is on gaining strength and mass. I look for a training partner who is motivated, will not skip workouts and can motivate me. Your strength, size, gender, age etc. doesn't matter. 15 years ago I had a female weight lifting partner and that worked out fine. I will take 2 month per year off from training when I am abroad, usually in the July/August period, around Christmas and new year and maybe around April.