New Mac Store Soon!

You've gotta envy such a quiet and uneventful place that the opening of a new Mac's store is discussion-worthy news.

I'm not being sarcastic here -- honestly jealous that you've found such a laid back place to live. Pattaya is the closest city to where I live and it changes so much and grows so fast (commercially) that it gets worse and more crowded every day. Unfortunately, my employment dictates that I stay here instead of finding a nice quiet island situation like yours.

I will be very pleased if they open a store here, since Sam @ kiwifix has packed up and left I don't trust anybody else to work on my mac(s).

Banna IT are very good at fixing Mac's and are a authorised dealer....

The new Mac store might only Sell, and not repair ( or just send to BKK )

I will be very pleased if they open a store here, since Sam @ kiwifix has packed up and left I don't trust anybody else to work on my mac(s).

BananaIT will only fix your Mac if it's bought there.

BananaIT will only fix your Mac if it's bought there.

they have fixed friends mac not bought from there before ,

my house is loaded with macs, iphones and ipads but i don't think i'd ever buy any of them here in thailand. the markup is redonkulous. i would consider them for "authorized" service but that's about it.

What about from the Thai online Mac Store? I haven't purchased from it yet, but the prices seem to be same across the online stores.

my house is loaded with macs, iphones and ipads but i don't think i'd ever buy any of them here in thailand. the markup is redonkulous. i would consider them for "authorized" service but that's about it.

What about from the Thai online Mac Store? I haven't purchased from it yet, but the prices seem to be same across the online stores.

i've never checked there actually. have been getting regular visits from the states every 6 months or so, so i tend to stock up around those times.

i've never checked there actually. have been getting regular visits from the states every 6 months or so, so i tend to stock up around those times.

Are your warranties honored in Thailand if you need something repaired? I'm the same I have apple stuff and am buying more apple stuff to bring over to Samui in a few weeks.

As mentioned by me in an earlier post, online works just fine, pay with credit card and items are delivered by DHL within 4-5 days. You can even track your order etc. Ipad 2 64/wifi/3G was 25,700 which included shipping.

It would be nice if the new store has all models in stock, Banana IT, does not... just one or two display models.... (at least the Lamai store..... I've not checked the Chawang store lately to see if they have more on display, )

I like to "touchy feel and see" things before buying...

I did price out an Imac and BananaIT came up with a better price than the Mac online store and actually added a remote, which was not on my list.... I wanted to compare "Apples with Apples" & this years model with i 7

The delivery time is about three weeks, where as Mac Store Ships within days.... (1/3 down and balance on pick up)

There is a difference in the type of keyboard you can order, BIT can get Thai / English where as Mac store only Thai or English. Although I am not sure if one phones the Mac Store, whether that can be changed....?

I will see what the new store comes up with, I am not that much of a rush!

I think what bugs me the most with Mac .... is not being able to get a non glossy screen. :angry:

Just for information for those wanting a "Mac attack" .....

The new store will under the name Ibeat.... which in checking their web page turns out to be IStudio from BKK.

The store will be open September 15th and located in the Chawang Tesco Mall.... Between the KFC entrance and Tesco.... (white boards there at present... )

Perhaps some opening specials??? :unsure:

Their web age is annoying, as you cannot price out upgrades... i.e I 5 model to say I 7, Ram etc etc..... so need to get that info from the Mac online store, then head down to the store with the list and see how the prices compare.

While I am not sure what stores charge, if you buy Apple products from the Apple website your post is totally false. The markup is very small compared with the U.S. and MUCH less expensive than in Europe. Given that you do not pay tax since you are getting the products from China or Singapore you likely pay even less than in the U.S. Know your facts before posting.

While I am not sure what stores charge, if you buy Apple products from the Apple website your post is totally false. The markup is very small compared with the U.S. and MUCH less expensive than in Europe. Given that you do not pay tax since you are getting the products from China or Singapore you likely pay even less than in the U.S. Know your facts before posting.

Thats a pretty funny post! Joe84330's post was about markup in shops here in Thailand, not from the apple website. Your ending line of "Know your facts before posting" is rather aggressive seeing as you are "not sure of what stores charge" and you " likely pay even less than in the US" it seems you are unaware of the fact too.

Thanks for the input.

you are an XXXXXXXX. know your role before speaking.

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed.

Joe84330 was talking about Apple retailers in Thailand. He has clearly stated that he never looked at the Apple Website in Thailand.So no need for the aggresssive post is there now?;)

Well guess what..... there is a delay in opening this store.... :blink: Sign says one thing,... now the 15 October,

Someone supposedly in the know .....said perhaps end of the month...... :lol:.... yes I know.... which month????? :D

Ordering at the Mac online store is quite easy.....

• 3 weeks later...

OK you Appleites. The new 'i Beat' store is open. (Or it was when I walked past today whilst paying bills at Tesco Lotus.)

Could just be a soft opening though.

As I am an 'i nothing' - (still in the 20th century technology wise) I have absolutely no idea what they are selling. :huh:

I have absolutely no idea what they are selling. :huh:

Gadgets.:D

Correction ..... a few gadgets.:blink:

My bathroom is larger than the shop. I counted 2 i-pads and 3 pcs on display filling half the space, and a cabinet of accessories. Staff seemed very polite but I have no idea how knowledgeable they are.

Anyway, any of us 'island bumpkins' planning a family day out and picnic to the store might be a tad disappointed.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I have absolutely no idea what they are selling. :huh:

Gadgets.:D

Correction ..... a few gadgets.:blink:

My bathroom is larger than the shop. I counted 2 i-pads and 3 pcs on display filling half the space, and a cabinet of accessories. Staff seemed very polite but I have no idea how knowledgeable they are.

Anyway, any of us 'island bumpkins' planning a family day out and picnic to the store might be a tad disappointed.:lol:

Finally made it in there today, hardly room to swing a cat, & packed with people... They did have all models of Imac, Mac Air's etc on display now... and what I went looking for in stock... :) The manager there is fairly knowledgeable on Mac stuff.... the old manager of Banana IT.

But is is all the same company, sevencom.com which is Banana IT and Istudio... Ibeats... etc. They've just separated the Apples from the Pears...or is that oranges? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to order some stuff from the online Apple store in BKK.

I cannot checkout because it says Suratthani is not a valid province it gives half a dozen options starting with S

but Suratthani is not one of them.

Anyone else had this problem??

Cheers

I cannot checkout because it says Suratthani is not a valid province it gives half a dozen options starting with S

Cheers

Yep i did, i gave up in the end and purchased from the US via eBay.

I'll bet my life that the Shop on Samui will be the excellent Chinese copies that are floating about, marked up higher than Europe and North American original Apple too of course..

Cheers

There should be a drop down menu of Provinces, where you in the Thailand site? (bottom of Mac page, there are choices of countries...) When you did it?

I ordered from the online store and had everything delivered within about a week.... some from Singapore some from Shanghai...