Looking For Cows To Buy / Can Butcher And Sell Your Beef.

isaanbeef

Greetings all. Looking for cattle to buy in the Isaan area. Prices are a bit steep these days so looking for good deals.

If you don't know anything about the price of cattle, can give you an honest rate or happy just to take a look and give you my best opinion.

Also willing to butcher any cattle and split the earnings for anybody out there who is interested in the beef business in Thailand. Thanks!

How about pigs. Knive sharp enough for them? Quite seriously, very interested in working with a good western style butcher. The 17th meeting isnt far away but would like to talk prior to that will PM contact number.

Well, beef is the specialty for now IA, hopefully can find a cost efficient way to get some of that rice bail and get you the ki in the future!

• 3 weeks later...

Many people that i knew thst kept cattle over the last five years stopped keeping them . at the moment the cattle market is realy tight , nothing for sale around this area thats not well overpriced , i have seen calfs that would have only made 3000 in the past change hands for 7000-8000 . If you come across any calfs for sale 5 -6 months old at decent price i would be interested in them .

Thanx

Find the government animal research farm They are in various parts of the country. There's supposed to be one near Ubon. They are crossing Brahmas with Simmental and selling the offspring. Agriculture college at Ubon University should have contact details if nobody on TV can help

post-64535-0-14352700-1316949842_thumb.j

These are Brahman X Simmental

I can help there is a waiting list and unless someone gives the nod you will not get anything if you do get something you will get one or two.

I am also trying to establish the current price for a heifer or two for the inlaws, who are just outside Kalasin, but the price they are telling me I am sure must be for a herd as there is no way I buy the 30,000 baht story. They currently have 1 cow and 1 heifer.

They are expensive there is a place just outside Pattaya that sells pure Brahman if I told you the price you would start to cry this is breed stock not raise and kill stock . You are going to pay 50-100 k per cow. Bulls are no problem as AI is everywhere in Thailand and you can get some of the best beef blood in the world here now. best thing to do is buy a cow and put some pure blood in to it 5 generations later it is classed as pure. Problem is in 15 years time most of you will be dead. LOL

I'll be here for more than the next 15 years :) Would be great to get down to Pattaya for a bit anyways. 50 - 100 is not totally uncommon but yes not quite what I buy every day.

For those interested: Cattle is very prevalent throughout Isaan although Thailand does not have enough cattle per capita. Yes the price is a bit steep because the market demands it. But that also means that producing / raising / caring for / killing cattle in a cost efficient manner provides plenty of people willing to pay for your beef / cows. PMs welcome, always looking for assistance / cattle for sale. Currently looking for more land / heads of cattle / cheap feed / and investors, entrepreneurs, others bored and looking for some excitement ranching in the land of smiles.