Bkk-Frankfurt: Tg Or Lufthansa?

pj123

I haven't flown TG for some years and read that they are still flying old planes into Europe (eg no AVOD) . I need to organise a business trip to Frankfurt end of October (economy flights) for myself and 3 Thai staff. I normally fly Etihad into Europe but I am looking for a direct flight. TG or Lufthansa? I am getting tired of the cramped seating with Etihad so I am tempted to try Qatar but Doha is horrible. So direct option is TG or Lufthansa. Indirect with Qatar. Any advice welcome. For all three staff it will be their first long haul experience so I would like to make it as pleasant as possible for them. Thanks

If your staff are Thai I would say TG wins, they will surely appreciate the food. I personally don't mind the lack of AVOD depending on the time of the flight I eat, drink and snooze.

I am not a fan of LH in Y class, I find the service has gone down in recent years food, FA's.

Airline Equality has reviews of both carriers.

Having flown the 'legacy' 747's that both TG and LH use on the OP's routes, TG is better IMHO. The 31" seat pitch on LH is trumped by TG's 32" - 34". Note the earlier comment that LH's in flight service/meals isn't as good.

I agree that QR beats both European carriers and handily breaks that long journey. The economy seat pitch is same as TG's and Doha is a decent stopover too.

TG still using the old seating. revamp should be done by 2012. LH never has private screens in their 747.

food- and service-wise TG wins.

when it comes to safety and general condition of the aircraft, LH wins. LH has some Thai nationals as cabin crew as well, so your Thai staff would have someone to talk to, just in case.

usually LH is cheaper, though. BKK-FRA was 32.000 for September, u just need to follow their promotions.

and their permanent Promo fares from BKK to KUL and SGN are unmatched too (4.000 return incl all taxes, luggage a.s.o - see their Thai website)

Don't pay full fare biz class for THAI's old cabins and seats that are designed for midgets who like to sleep at a 45% degree angle. I flew biz class with Lufthansa last year and the seats were very comfortable. If you want to save money, fly there with Turkish Airlines which I did this year. They have very nice seats to Istanbul and a great lounge to have breakfast there. The plane from Istanbul to Frankfurt was a bit rough but understandable as that route is mainly for the gastarbeiter trade and that leg is only 2.5 hours.

Edited by Arkady

• 2 weeks later...

I just flew with LH to Europe and it's not worth the money. Old planes, old business class and poor entertainment selection.... TG and LH share most flights so that what ever you book, you will sit in the same plane. I'm very disappointed from them, they used to be much better....

fatfather

• 11 years later...
17 hours ago, still kicking said:

What a heap of nonsense Thai and Lufthansa are combined I flew from Perth to Frankfurt the stretch from Perth was Thai and from Bangkok was Lufthansa 

Yes, they both suck, in their own respective ways! Years and years later since this thread started

22 hours ago, still kicking said:

What a heap of nonsense Thai and Lufthansa are combined I flew from Perth to Frankfurt the stretch from Perth was Thai and from Bangkok was Lufthansa 

Maybe things have changed in the 11 years since the previous posts were made?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1