Thais Still Not Reading Critically, Historian Says

webfact

My guess is that he wrote it at the time of the conference, then it sat in Sutichai's in-tray until Sutichai had a space he needed to fill. Pravit seems to have a fair amount of integrity and to refer to the conference as having happened last week seems an unlikely slip if it in fact happened years ago. Obviously the subs didn't pick that up before it went to press.

I might see if I can find Pravit's email and see what he says.

r_pravit with hotmail

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top answers when asked what my students' favorite thing to do is:

1) Sleep

2) Play game

3) Play facebook

Rarely does it stray. Sometimes we get "sing a song" and very rarely "read" which usually refers to "cartoon".

Once in a great while (1 out of 30 or worse) will get "art/draw/paint".

Reports/essay type work whether in Thai or English is always straight copy and pasted from the internet. With a couple pictures thrown in. Hey, it LOOKS good.... jap.gif

They must enjoy doing something else, as evidenced by high teenage pregnancy and STD rate.

They also dress well on a budget, have a lively a sense of humor, are famously tolerant of foreign ways, etc. etc.

I was specifically addressing the way Thais learn and their critical thinking... You're way off topic, but thanks for the update on what you think are some of the positives of Thai culture

Edited by happysanook