Marrying An Older Thai And The Sid Sod.

bananas

Some cheap flights between Bangkok and Oz. Whack her on a plane, take her to the registry office in Cairns or the Gold coast, explain to her in detail the Australian way of things as regards Mother's in Law, tie the knot, bugger orf back to Bangkok and explain to Ma-in-Law her filial duties regarding any resultant bratlies (again according to Oz custom) and have a happy life........PS..Don't forget to tell her that nephews and nieces and other hangers-on are non persona grata when it comes to $...:And sick and dying, previously unheard of rellies in need of an expensive surgical procedure, can go root themselves!

Incidentally, my Thai wife has never asked for money either before or during our marriage; indeed through her local knowledge and business acumen, she has saved me more than once from making mistakes which may have been costly.

Davo's list of how to spot a dud if you're a falang...

She may say:

1) Hello honey will you buy me a drink?

2) No, I have no kids, but I come from a very close family.

3) That's a nice block of land. It wouldn't be expensive.

4) That's a nice house, it wouldn't be expensive.

5) That's a nice car, it wouldn't be expensive.

6) My little sister is so clever, but we are poor and can't afford her school fees !!!???

7) I have never seen a falang naked before...are they all SO BIG?

8) Seriously, I love fat, bald, ancient german men with rotting teeth!

9) Age doesn't matter...it's how we feel inside.

10) Trust me, I'm not like other Thai women.

How to spot a dud if you are a Thai woman.

He may say:

1) I have money

2) I have money

3) I have money

4) I have money

5) No, that's a phantom ring, not a wedding band.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the original posting. She was a hooker. Sin Sot is NOT given to hookers PERIOD. No need for discussion here.

I suppose if you want to pay for her services - look on the 'sin sot' as a payment for a few years.

Edited by Johnniey

If the the 2 of you really love each other then she will be happy to know that her ability to live and work in a developed country is of immense value to her and her family. She can work and help her family.

If I were you I would invite her family to eat som tom and kow niaw in lieu of sin sot.

A solid pre-nuptial agreement is an absolute must.

Good luck, its your life.

Sin Sot is for show only - you are supposed to get it back.

If you don't get it back then you have been scammed or cheated. I'm seen countless farang over the years NOT get the sin sot back and amazingly NOT complain. Among the locals here, it's a big joke - the naive farang thinking that the sin sot is a gift.

As for 'face' - f*** face - why are so many of the farang that come here so obsessed about making the Thais feel good. The hundreds of farang I've seen that are 'people-pleasers' are eaten up by the money-hungry poor Thais.

The same guys complain about double standards when in fact they are themselves responsible for letting it happen.

What you allow, you condone.

I guess Thai men are also scammed when they pay.

If the the 2 of you really love each other then she will be happy to know that her ability to live and work in a developed country is of immense value to her and her family. She can work and help her family.

If I were you I would invite her family to eat som tom and kow niaw in lieu of sin sot.

I think you have forgotten the lao cow!

Sin Sot is for show only - you are supposed to get it back.

If you don't get it back then you have been scammed or cheated. I'm seen countless farang over the years NOT get the sin sot back and amazingly NOT complain. Among the locals here, it's a big joke - the naive farang thinking that the sin sot is a gift.

As for 'face' - f*** face - why are so many of the farang that come here so obsessed about making the Thais feel good. The hundreds of farang I've seen that are 'people-pleasers' are eaten up by the money-hungry poor Thais.

The same guys complain about double standards when in fact they are themselves responsible for letting it happen.

What you allow, you condone.

I guess Thai men are also scammed when they pay.

Exactly, Thai men pay sin sod when marrying an old woman with kids - that they met in a tourist resort rather than the village she came from (before setting out to earn money).

Foreigners are too paranoid.

Edited by F1fanatic

Bananas......you say her honour is solid, yet she once worked in a bar. Sin Sod is NOT, and never has been, payable for a bargirl. Tell her you'll pay nothing and see how much she loves you. And whether she is with you for money......

Bargirl and girls with a degree in Marketing. Although I would give the BG the edge in intelligence and practical job skills.

I think you have forgotten the lao cow!

Would not want to be around them with lao kow in the equation.

I don't get sid sod, its just all for show really.

My wife asked to pay 5,000 AUD for sin sod and I told her what for? She said its just Thai tradition and you will get it back.

The thing is we got married in Australia already and the Thai wedding was her fathers idea because he wanted to show off to his friends.

In the end, he paid for sin sod, paid for the wedding so it was great.

I sometimes question the IQ of those posting in this forum but atleast he has an excuse his age is 21 but when I came to Thailand at 25 my first gf was a college student with good parents so I guess I just knew that if you found a girl selling her love for money she becomes addicted to the business of love and will never love anyone exclusively even you bud....

Whether bananas likes the advice that he has been given or not, a lot of people have spent time putting together replies, which they believe in.

Bananas could at least re-appear on the thread to thank those concerned for their time and trouble!

Do you respond so you can bask in the glow of the thanks of others?

I would like also to point out that there are plenty of moderators on TV already without you throwing in your oar.

I would say more to the point you (collective not individual you) should thank the OP for providing your lives with purpose, even if that purpose was to tear his life apart.

All who have responded here have been given the gift of feeling superior and granted the opportunity to appear expert in the eyes of others.

Im guessing that is why you all clicked on the thread in the first place.

who can resist a good old sin sod thread, especially when the OP is such a rube he even misspells sin sod.

Edited by nocturn

Whether bananas likes the advice that he has been given or not, a lot of people have spent time putting together replies, which they believe in.

Bananas could at least re-appear on the thread to thank those concerned for their time and trouble!

I would like also to point out that there are plenty of moderators on TV already without you throwing in your oar.

I would say more to the point you (collective not individual you) should thank the OP for providing your lives with purpose, even if that purpose was to tear his life apart.

All who have responded here have been given the gift of feeling superior and granted the opportunity to appear expert in the eyes of others.

who can resist a good old sin sod thread, especially when the OP is such a rube he even misspells sin sod.

It looks like he posted to recognise the fact that bananas (with the grand total of 1 post) was in fact a troll and the thread could justifiably be closed.

You don't need to be a wanna-be moderator to deduce that.

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!