Seedless Lemons

On the tree you would not guess it, this one lemon tree produces seedless lemons all year long.

Nice for juice & lemonades, 100 % organic. Endless uses.

Wife makes shampoo & dish washing detergent from the skins. Leftovers get buried in the garden, nothing is wasted.

Enjoy the pictures.

Regards

post-14625-0-20505400-1314866136_thumb.j

post-14625-0-63177300-1314866159_thumb.j

lemons or limes ?

To me they look like lemons. They have their little nipples on the ends ,which limes don't have, But they are too green, not yellow enough to be proper lemons. Are they a hybrid, or should I ask what variety are they?. They are much smaller ,also ,than the lemons we grow in Oz.. Very interesting. Would like to know more

lemons or limes ?

To me they look like lemons. They have their little nipples on the ends ,which limes don't have, But they are too green, not yellow enough to be proper lemons. Are they a hybrid, or should I ask what variety are they?. They are much smaller ,also ,than the lemons we grow in Oz.. Very interesting. Would like to know more

We have the same....only 2 years old though, turns yellow, some of them and have the longer nipple than the oz lemones.

we also have limes and one tree that is half lime and half lemon.

We bought the lemon trees as 'real lemons' but believe they are a Thai lemon.....not quite same same oz ones.....I want an Oz one.

lemons or limes ?

We have the same....only 2 years old though, turns yellow, some of them and have the longer nipple than the oz lemones.

We bought the lemon trees as 'real lemons' but believe they are a Thai lemon.....not quite same same oz ones.....I want an Oz one.

The tree is in lower Buriram province.

Definitely not limes, juice tastes like lemons.

They do get yellow, if I leave them in the tree long enough.

Now rainy season, fruit will split and rot before it has a chance to become fully yellow.

I pick them when slightly soft to the touch.

Regards

Pnustedt; are yours seedless as well ?

Edited by soidog2

lemons or limes ?

The tree is in lower Buriram province.

Definitely not limes, juice tastes like lemons.

They do get yellow, if I leave them in the tree long enough.

Now rainy season, fruit will split and rot before it has a chance to become fully yellow.

I pick them when slightly soft to the touch.

Regards

Where is the tree?. ,I would very much like to see it,I live in Ban Kruat. We cannot be too far away. Bill

Yes. It is actually a hybrid - the lemon stock is grafted onto the rootstock of a tree that grows the double leaves used in tom yum goon soup. We have allowed a branch to grow directly from the rootstock which gives us these leaves, making the tree even more productive.

Yes. It is actually a hybrid - the lemon stock is grafted onto the rootstock of a tree that grows the double leaves used in tom yum goon soup. We have allowed a branch to grow directly from the rootstock which gives us these leaves, making the tree even more productive.

Excellent, you mean a kaffir lime, that in itself does not mean it is a hybrid.

Where did the graft come from ?

Best regards