Chiang Mai To Hua Hin

jarhead50200

I would hardly call it "express". It takes more than 12 hours I am told. Why not fly to Don Mueang and from there it's only a 20 minute taxi ride to Victory Monument where you catch the mini-van to Hua Hin. The mini-van is comfortable and it only takes about 2 hours as I recall. I did the trip this time last year. Flew Nok Air for about 800 Baht round-trip on a last minute promotion. Mini-van was only 200 or thereabouts and they will let you off right at your hotel.

It's know that Van driver are the worst in Thailand, many haven't license or cover passernger by insurance. Last check by police resault near 10%. This are the cowboys on the road.

If I use trransport and not own car, I like the large buses and we have a new Bus Terminal in Hua Hin with new buses for Chiang Mai and/or Korat direct. Here I found the link.

http://www.huahin-huahin.com/chiangmai-huahin-korat-bus.htm

Enjoy, beside it take 9 not 12 hrs direct.

It's know that Van driver are the worst in Thailand, many haven't license or cover passernger by insurance. Last check by police resault near 10%. This are the cowboys on the road.

If I use trransport and not own car, I like the large buses and we have a new Bus Terminal in Hua Hin with new buses for Chiang Mai and/or Korat direct. Here I found the link.

http://www.huahin-hu...n-korat-bus.htm

Enjoy, beside it take 9 not 12 hrs direct.

Thanks for the link, it looks good and 9 hours is OK from Chiang Mai.

There is now an airline from Bkk to Huahin too.

YES there is an airport but flight are cancelled since a while. Nobody fly for 3900 THB one way to BKK :whistling: for the moment what we see on the sky are trainig flight from school and some private airplane from aborad. :jap:

http://www.huahinairport.com/

Edited by thaibear1

<deleted>! sorry to hear that such a nice town thanks for the info anyway.

There is now an airline from Bkk to Huahin too.

YES there is an airport but flight are cancelled since a while. Nobody fly for 3900 THB one way to BKK :whistling: for the moment what we see on the sky are trainig flight from school and some private airplane from aborad. :jap:

http://www.huahinairport.com/

There is a new bus service that goes from CM-Phuket, my wife's nephew only wanted to go as far as Surat, that was 1500 B, so Hui Hin would be cheaper.

They have videos in the back of the headrests and stopped 4 times for food, seats are wide, apparantly like flying 1st class :D

Thinking of taking the bus myself in a few weeks time to Surat instead of driving, I could not get that far and back for less than 6k in gas.

BTW, bus left at four pm arrived at Surat at 11am the following day, so I predict HH would be about 7-8pm

Green Bus, the same company that runs CM to Chiang Rai . haven't taken it, only seen the ads.

how could it possibly be 9 hours when CM to BKK is usually anything between 9 and 10 hours? :blink:

One of the bus companies (I'm not sure which one) even advertises 12 hours to Hua Hin. I don't see how they could do it in 9 -- no way. I would go out of my mind on a bus for 12 hours!

Green Bus, the same company that runs CM to Chiang Rai . haven't taken it, only seen the ads.

how could it possibly be 9 hours when CM to BKK is usually anything between 9 and 10 hours? :blink:

One of the bus companies (I'm not sure which one) even advertises 12 hours to Hua Hin. I don't see how they could do it in 9 -- no way. I would go out of my mind on a bus for 12 hours!

CM to Hua Hin is 12 hours, have done it a few times. Sombat Tours are the only carrier.Depending on the hostess you will either be battered senseless by second rate "action" movies and Thai music videos, at full volume or have a peaceful trip. When you get to Hua Hin there is a new terminal south of the main part of town. Compared with the service that Nakonchai Air provide its second rate but its a monopoly situation.If you choose to go book ahead as there is only one bus, each way, per day, leaving around 8.00 am.