Best Way To Handle My Dates

My one year visa expires on the 19th Oct.

I will be outside of Thailand for perhaps 3 weeks from 15th Oct until 7th or so Nov.

I would imagine I can not apply for my extension too early ?? Am I right in thinking a max of 30 days ??

So one option I can see is to have my application vetted and checked. Then properly lodged between 12 - 14 Oct, get a 30 day 'under review' extension, get a reentry permit, and leave Thailand, making sure I am back in the country before that 30 day period is over.

All seems very touch and go with tight deadlines right when I depart and arrive back (and over LK too). Small errors could lead o large issues.

Given the above complexity, would I be able to submit an app early ?? Say 12 Sept (thats a full 37 days before expiry) go under review while I am here, hopefully get the extension granted 12th Oct and then all is good I can get a fresh re-entry permit, etc.

The second gives me more confidence, but I dont know if they ever apply any flexibility ??

They often allow early application if you show travel plans (Jomtien allows 60 days normally it seems). In worst case (loss of extension) it is not that serious unless you intend to apply for PR as a new non immigrant entry can be obtained inside Thailand these days if you qualify for extension of stay.

They often allow early application if you show travel plans (Jomtien allows 60 days normally it seems). In worst case (loss of extension) it is not that serious unless you intend to apply for PR as a new non immigrant entry can be obtained inside Thailand these days if you qualify for extension of stay.

1) I do actually have in the back of my mind that keeping the same visa alive is good insurance for PR.. I realize the uphill struggle that it is, and am not likely to be chasing it, but you never know what changes. New governments, new policies, who knows. Certainly married and land owning (of course not mine) have a different mindset to long term than I did a few years ago.

2) So an ordinary 15 day border crossing, and visa exempt entry can be turned into a Non Imm now ?? Thats superb. Last I knew it was a case of leave the country to get a new visa to reboot the process.

Thanks. Sorry for delay in response.. For some reason not getting the thread subscription alerts.