Samsung Galaxy Note

lomatopo

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/samsung-galaxy-note-official-5-3-inch-super-amoled-display-s/

snip...

For now, this is merely a global launch: Samsung says it's still in discussions with carriers worldwide, so depending on your neck of the woods it might be awhile before you hear anything definitive about pricing or availability.

Announced at IFA Berlin this week.

Very tempted by that, love the stylus. But I still think a 7" screen is the way to go.

Ya, got a 7" Tab and love it. Perfect for internet browsing but compact enough to feel very light and portable. Would love a stylus feature with it, but only works with human touch.

Very tempted by that, love the stylus. But I still think a 7" screen is the way to go.

Ya, got a 7" Tab and love it. Perfect for internet browsing but compact enough to feel very light and portable. Would love a stylus feature with it, but only works with human touch.

You can actually get a stylus now, they have been released as accessories with the 10.1, but they (supposedly) work on the other tabs too. Check the Samsung webpage, I think they are about $20.

It sounds so wrong when I say this, but anything over 5 inches is too big for me. lol

I saw a guy the other day, with his 7 inch Tab, to his ear, talking on it. It really looked ridiculous.

A Bluetooth headset might ameliorate your embarrassment?

The new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800) seems to have standard, built-in GSM telephony, EDGE/GPRS and 3G. When you get to 8.9 and 10.1 WiFi is standard, with 2G/3G data-only (no GSM voice telephony, as far as I can tell) optional. With a bigger Tab (8.9/10.1) I'd go with WiFi as I will always have my smartphone with me, so can Mobile AP-enable that to allow for WAN connectivity on the Tab (via WiFi).

It sounds so wrong when I say this, but anything over 5 inches is too big for me. lol

Actually, I find this Samsung Note quite an interesting device for travelling.

I used to travel for almost 5 years with a Nokia Tablet. Long before the tablet boom has started and actually nobody knew about it.

It had a 4'' screen, stylus and 800x480 resolution.

I'd consider this the minimum size/resolution for serious browsing/reading etc. The current phones of 3-3.5" are just too small for this in my opinion, and this includes the iPhone (3.5").

Certainly some people would differ and read whole novels on a small phone and browse the internet for hours. But not for me, so my limit is 4" and probably larger.

(Ever booked a plane ticket with a small phone on a crappy website like NokAir?)

So this 5" tablet will be a much better browsing / reading experience I believe. And I learned over the years how useful is a stylus. It will be small enough to carry around everywhere. But too big to replace my regular phone which must fit in my front jeans pocket.

I may use it when I don't want to carry my iPad, but need some proper browsing on the road.

This one looks sweet, just big enough to be useful but not too big to use as a phone. I've been thinking about getting an SGS2 but might wait and get one of these instead.

Very nice and great to see the stylus coming back.

But it seems that it will not be in the market before Q1/2012. I guess it will be in Thailand April or later.

My sense is that because of the German court injunction barring "promotion" of the Tab 10.1 in Germany, Samsung scrambled to show product at IFA/Berlin, like this model, perhaps earlier than they might have done otherwise? Just a guess.

I think only the new 7.7" tablet got suddenly removed from the show?

If that ridiculous are you sure your still in Thailand? Im already ready to bring my pants to the tailor for a bigger pocket if needed.

I saw a guy the other day, with his 7 inch Tab, to his ear, talking on it. It really looked ridiculous.

Edited by justsumhelp

I believe the SGS2 was launched in just about every country, except the U.S., before Thailand? It took a long time ( ~ 4 months ) to localize the product. Thailand is rarely the "launch country", whatever that might mean, for any consumer tech product, due to the localization issues.

It's not even clear if this Galaxy Note will be "productized", and if it is, when/where it might be launched. It seems like it was plugged in to the IFA show as a stop-gap for the injunction prohibiting Samsung from promoting/launching 10.1/8.9/7.7 tablet products.

This one looks sweet, just big enough to be useful but not too big to use as a phone. I've been thinking about getting an SGS2 but might wait and get one of these instead.

Here's another presentation.

Why is this moron so fascinated he can make pen squiggles on a $800 "Etch-A-Sketch"...and then he's amazed that he can play it back and re-watch his idiotic doodling :lol:

I agree with some others that for phones, form factors beyond 4" don't make much sense...if you go much bigger than that, just buy a full-sized tabled device. Of course, this mainly applies to people who will be buying 2 devices...if you only have the funds for one, then something in the 5-7" range could make sense.

I caved in and went down to Fortune tonight to pick up a Galaxy tab 10.1. And left empty handed when I found out they only have the 16 GB version. ARGH!!!!!

I feel like buying an iPad 2, heading down to Samsung and breaking it over some marketing guys head while shouting "SEE?!?"

The price for the Samsung Note is supposed to be ~1000$.

That's quite an expensive toy.....

That's the mistake so many people make...these devices are not "toys" but serious productivity and entertainment platforms for many people. They are basically notebook replacements that can fit in your pocket.