New 90 Day Conditions In Pattay Immigration

thaibear1

HOTANDHUMID ....As I do and my immigration accept. If I don't go out for travel etc. I have to report after 90 days. If during this 90 days I go out, the 90 days start new from the date I re-enter and is stamped in my passport and immigration card! That's it :jap:

There you go, someone who did understand my simple question and gave me an answer in simple English.

Cheers, bear.

Yes you are getting mixed up,if you leave the country you will have to go to immigration first to get a re-entry which costs you 1000 Baht.

So in fact instead of reporting your 90 days stay which is free,you will have to go and report that you are leaving the country instead and want to return 2 days later and even pay money for that.

This is half correct: If you have a single NON O you are right but if you have tendency to travel you ask from begining a NON IMM with multiple entry, so the re-entry is included, as I have, then you could go in and out each day as much you want and pay one time (I not remember now the exact amount)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is half correct: If you have a single NON O you are right but if you have tendency to travel you ask from begining a NON IMM with multiple entry, so the re-entry is included, as I have, then you could go in and out each day as much you want and pay one time (I not remember now the exact amount)

I doubt that many people on extensions that require 90-day reporting would be in that situation.

Besides which that's only good for 15 months max., at which time you have to get another multiple-entry visa outside Thailand at a further cost of approximately 5000B (and which apparently is quite hard to obtain these days).

I'll stick with my 30B 90-day report, renewable indefinitely here on a yearly basis, thanks.

for married couples who own a house in Thailand:

Copy of the Register House (signed by the wife)

As I reported early in the year, I was asked for house book copy and the owners i,d, copied and signed.. {NOT married so house is in a Thai friends name] It was no problem as I have many copies of both, but this was new so had to drive home to get them before I could get the stamp...... I was also asked + supplied a photo of myself.... The photo was put on the bottom of the form and stamped and passed to a girl, she then copied them into the PC.

So maybe this is nothing new ? there again the next visit I had these items but were not asked for them.

Edited by ignis

The photo was put on the bottom of the form and stamped and passed to a girl, she then copied them into the PC.

Would be nice and sensible it they just gave you the form and photo back once it was scanned, as that way you wouldn't need to fill out/buy more the next time. Same applies to the copies of the visa, passport, entry card etc.

Wasteful and pointless procedures seem to be common currency in all offices the world over.

I doubt that many people on extensions that require 90-day reporting would be in that situation.

Besides which that's only good for 15 months max., at which time you have to get another multiple-entry visa outside Thailand at a further cost of approximately 5000B (and which apparently is quite hard to obtain these days).

I'll stick with my 30B 90-day report, renewable indefinitely here on a yearly basis, thanks.

Darrel - yea it seems if you want to travel around it can start to get a bit complex. Are you on a marriage or a retirement extension? I assume you have to show the required funds each year before you renew? 800k I believe?

Wasteful and pointless procedures seem to be common currency in all offices the world over.

OFF TOPIC !

I bought 600 Baht's worth of items in Big C yesterday, and the item list was 2 inches long, but the till roll printout was 2-3 foot long with offers, 5 Baht discount vouchers and other info I cannot understand.

Thailand LOVES generating paper

Back on topic... I recall a few years ago you could create an account on their old website, and do your "90 day report" remotely every 90 days. That facility is now long gone.

Darrel - yea it seems if you want to travel around it can start to get a bit complex. Are you on a marriage or a retirement extension? I assume you have to show the required funds each year before you renew? 800k I believe?

For renew 1 year NON IMM O as retired, you have to show refunds 400'000 if married with Thai woman, 800'000 if single or min. 65'000 THB income per month or a mixte of both.

Edited by thaibear1

My wife went to Soi 5 this morning to do my 90 day report on my behalf. All she had with her was my passport and the completed TM47. Nothing else asked for, she said she was in and out in around 10 minutes.

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

My wife went to Soi 5 this morning to do my 90 day report on my behalf. All she had with her was my passport and the completed TM47. Nothing else asked for, she said she was in and out in around 10 minutes.

:whistling: very easy to explain .... the fuss is not all immigration handle the matters in same style. On my immigration it seem still same .... but how long?

For renew 1 year NON IMM O as retired, you have to show refunds 400'000 if married with Thai woman, 800'000 if single or min. 65'000 THB income per month or a mixte of both.

Hm, I don't think that is correct.

I'm not on a retirement extension, but afaik you need 800,000 baht in the bank for extension based on retirement, regardless of whether you are married or not.

If you are married to a Thai and get the extension based on the marriage you need 400,000 baht in the bank or a documented monthly income of 40,000 baht. There used to be an option of using a combination of these two but I think I read somewhere that it is no longer possible. Not sure about that.

Probably one of the visa mods can clarify.

I'm not on a retirement extension, but afaik you need 800,000 baht in the bank for extension based on retirement, regardless of whether you are married or not.

That's what I understand also.

800K or a mixture of deposit and declared income that adds up to 800K.

Or you get the marriage extension for 400K as you mentioned.

I have a retirement extension.

I have 801K (prudence!) on deposit with Kbank on the (discontinued) step-bond which pays approx. 3.7% over the duration of the bond.

I paid 1900B for my visa extension, showing just my bankbook, covering letter from the bank confirming the bankbook details, and my address (plus the usual photos/photocopies of course). The only requirement is to be over 50. I do this once a year.

If I want to leave at all I can easily get an exit permit for one trip or multiple trips (3800B for multiple). There is nothing to pay when returning and entering counts as reporting, so you dont need to report again for another 90 days.

Apart from that I just do the free reporting every 90 days. This could be a pain for someone who doesn't live near an immigration office, but in my case it is quite easy.

All this paperwork is extremely easy and the entire extension only took 15 minutes to obtain, with no questions or difficulty at all.

A retirement extension is a doddle compared to the hoop-jumping that other types of visa/visa extension seem to entail.

The photo I posted was taken Friday in Jomtien Immigration and it was what the officer asked for Friday. Maybe they changed the rules again Monday. <_<

Sure, you can easily be in and out in 10 minutes with the 90 days report, assuming you have whatever paperwork they want on that particular day.

Seems your wife was lucky that they didn't ask for the supporting document and copies when she didn't bring it. Personally I prefer taking whatever document may be asked rather than having take an extra trip to fetch it.

:whistling: very easy to explain .... the fuss is not all immigration handle the matters in same style. On my immigration it seem still same .... but how long?

This thred relates to Pattaya (actually it's not Pattaya Immigration it's Chonburi Immigration) and that is where my wife went this morning.

Same comment "I don't know what all the fuss is about".

That's what I understand also.

800K or a mixture of deposit and declared income that adds up to 800K.

Or you get the marriage extension for 400K as you mentioned.

Yes you are correct and this they ask me each year in immigration !!!

I think from the simple information that in PATTAYA something changed we go very far now and it it to read in the homepage of IMMIGRATION too :jap:

Personally I prefer taking whatever document may be asked rather than having take an extra trip to fetch it.

+1

(And don't forget the extra Passport photos ;)

but don't take it out from your passport ... :lol:

Edited by thaibear1

This thred relates to Pattaya (actually it's not Pattaya Immigration it's Chonburi Immigration) and that is where my wife went this morning.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No fuss at all if you give them what they want.

Chonburi Immigration didn't want all the documents normally required, that day from a specific lady.

Edited by luckyluke

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No fuss at all if you give them what they want.

Chonburi Immigration didn't want all the documents normally required, that day from a specific lady.

My two main points for 90 day reporting are Chonburi and Songkhla (actually in Hat Yai) and for the last 5 years there has been no requirement for anything other than presenting my passport and a completed TM47. This also has applied when I have attended immigration with my wife.

My two main points for 90 day reporting are Chonburi and Songkhla (actually in Hat Yai) and for the last 5 years there has been no requirement for anything other than presenting my passport and a completed TM47. This also has applied when I have attended immigration with my wife.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For me, it's nearly 6 years, and, indeed, they were always pleased with the documents you mention, except the last time( 5 august) when they needed more( at least from me) as indicated on the entry door and at the desk inside.

Maybe I have to take my wife with me next time.

Edited by luckyluke

Well, isn't that strange. I went to Soi 5 in Jomtien this morning also....... well it was early afternoon really (13.30 p.m.)....... to report my 90 days. My ticket number was 352 and the two immigration officers at desk 3 were dealing with numbers 330 and 331. The sitting area at desk 3 was full and overspilling into the adjacent seating area. Previously the process took around 5 minutes but, today, it took nearly 45 minutes to be served.

Why? Because the immigration officers were checking the supporting paperwork of each reporting person (Thai representatives included). Many reporters did not have this supporting paperwork (demanded by the new requirements) and were requested to go away and get it. The supporting paperwork was checked, copy by copy, hence the delay..... I guess!!

Edit: Spelling mistake

Edited by GamLing

^ That is indeed really strange as my experience is that at the ticket desk is checked if you have all required documents before you are provided with a queue ticket.

And 1.30 Pm is a bad timing as this is the time return from a 1 hour lunch break,while the applicants didn't take a break :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, isn't that strange. I went to Soi 5 in Jomtien this morning also....... well it was early afternoon really (13.30 p.m.)....... to report my 90 days. My ticket number was 352 and the two immigration officers at desk 3 were dealing with numbers 330 and 331. The sitting area at desk 3 was full and overspilling into the adjacent seating area. Previously the process took around 5 minutes but, today, it took nearly 45 minutes to be served.

Why? Because the immigration officers were checking the supporting paperwork of each reporting person (Thai representatives included). Many reporters did not have this supporting paperwork (demanded by the new requirements) and were requested to go away and get it. The supporting paperwork was checked, copy by copy, hence the delay..... I guess!!

Edit: Spelling mistake

How long does it take to check the passport photocopies and proof of address. 15 seconds? You're making it sound like they have to wade through mountains of paperwork.

I was there on the 14th at about 1:30 pm and noticed there was hardly anyone waiting at the reporting desk.

it took nearly 45 minutes to be served.

How long does it take to check the passport photocopies and proof of address. 15 seconds? You're making it sound like they have to wade through mountains of paperwork.

Why we should doubt the GamLing report?

Don't you ever came across some Immo that for some mysterious reasons take much longer to finish his task of what we would expect?

I have been in similar situation myself, an officer that keeps going up and down looking at all the possible stamps on the passport, then going back again and repeating this many times, then have a stare at the universe and doing it again, sometime slowly and sometime in a rush as if was desperately looking for something in it.....i even had one making personal phone calls, putting my passport inside a folder on his desk and relaxing on his chair on front of me, maybe expecting some harsh reactions? who really knows? then he took it back and gave it to me, TIT :lol:

I also experinced some very quick ones, maybe some very efficient officer....or perhaps just one that couldn't be bothered to do his job properly.

it took nearly 45 minutes to be served.

Why we should doubt the GamLing report?

Don't you ever came across some Immo that for some mysterious reasons take much longer to finish his task of what we would expect?

I'm not doubting his report. I'm just doubting that the long queue he experienced was a result of the new documents required.

Hello "hotandhumid" YOU can. If you have a multiple entry you can leave the country before the 90 days reporting and come back. In this case the new 90 day period start with the stamp in passport and immigration card. If you never like see your immigration office you can do this as much you want, until you need renew your nonimm O visa. I just was yesterday, my new NON IMM started with May 11th, I went out and come back 23rd May, after again and back 24rd June .... and yesterday 15th Sept, I went report the 90 days. (I go always few days earlier) No question, after wait in the line a smile, new stamp on the TM47 and bye bye, no question, no other papers. So happen since 5 years, except for first non imm visa I had to show all needed document as confirmation of residence, bank confirmation or income proof.