Advice To Newbies

Luke06

OP's rant sounds like one of these nonsensical Tony Robbins style self-help motivational programmes, where the speaker tells you the secrets of gettting rich(of course you have to buy the $50 video to find out)

What a complete load of nonsense!

BTW I would much rather be friends with a pub manager than this guy because at least I would get the occasional frre pint, and alot better advice....for free!

I thought the same,he sounds like the Copy writers of those endless get rich quick schemes,that I get every week by email,

They always have a lurid coloured background,purple,yellow and puke green, and go on to tell how you can make megabucks,even while you are asleep,

Limited to the first 100 customers,special price of £495 just for you,then its gone for ever, yea right,nice £49,500 for the copy writer,and sweet FA for the gullible ones.

Boring scamming nonsense of course,even reading them,films my eyeballs over with boredom! on and on and on..................

Most of the time I read one paragraph,and dump it in the trash bin.

Edited by MAJIC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been here in Thailand for a lot of years and have to admit that I like to stop in the bars once in a while. I have met many millionaires and multi millionaires. By millionaires, I mean in dollars and not baht. Recently I made a trip down to Jomtien and ran into one of my multi millionaire friends. He has had some bad luck and has gone from fancy cars, owning bars and big motorcycles to an old motorbike that is in the shop. He wanted to rent my condo.

I do actually know some quite wealthy guys and they have never told me how wealthy they are. The more money they have the less they talk about money.

Good stuff glad that so many of you grasped it (hits head against wall), thanks for your replies. Frustrated - dam_n right. Frustrated by the morons who post here to tell you how bad life is in Thailand, never invest more than you can afford to lose, bla, bla. Is that golden nugget really different from anywhere else? Advice - the advice is simple, you can be successful in Thailand from a monetary/career point a view (as well as having a good wife/husband and a family), if you take the risk, don't be put off by people on this forum telling you that you can't do it, it is possible. I do have a wife and children but this was focused on the career/money side that so often gets beaten down here as some type of dead end, for people of my age it is critical as we are trying to build our lives and need those foundations.

Lets have some positivity, encourage people to come to Thailand and try it for themselves as long as they are not a desperate old man with a death wish, a bit of spare change in their pocket and the desire to get as close as possible to committing pedophilia with any whore who comes their way.

As for self-advertising, look at how often I post and what I post, do you really think that I feel the need? You really didn't get it, I am nothing special or remarkable, I'm an average guy, that's the whole point. Hopefully it will give some of the people wondering about making the jump a reality check that it can be done and won't end in some farmer from Issan getting a new house. As for being here 20 years I'll see what the future brings.

-That said apologies for the expletives - too much Asahi.

Advice - the advice is simple, you can be successful in Thailand from a monetary/career point a view (as well as having a good wife/husband and a family),

This is called gambling, and I'm sure you have read the whininings and complaints when they made the wrong choice. ;)

The more money they have the less they talk about money.

Hehe. You've got that one right.

My experience as well.

Know a guy (expat) in Patts, he has hotels, condo's (the whole building) and some restaurants. He bought the cheapest Mercedes Benz at the dealer, but he could had bought one of the top models if wanted, but prefer to keep a low profile (relatively).

Probably correct about the less than positive attitude and lack of encouragement on certain topics in the forum; however if he requires any sort of credibility he appears to have missed the point that it is not wise to insult your audience, unless you are on the stage in a place where the doors are closed, and, you are getting paid to insult paying customers, because that is the expectation......

There is a bound to be a difference in outlook due to age, at 25 if you hit a drop in expected revenue you have opportunity to adjust, rebuild and restore your place in top ten rich list, at 55, I doubt there is the energy, enthusiasm and confidence to start over, hence the caution delivered to advise non failure......never hurts to assess why people react differently to the same question

Never hurts to try and understand too.....even if you feel you have a legitimate complaint and are placing an alternative point of view....

Enjoy the fruits of your hard work OP.......I guess you have made it when the next thing on your 'to do' list is to chastise the good gentlemen of Thai visa for their remarks concerning the possibilities for young farang advancement it Thailand

Last year I earnt over 100,000 dollars prior to that I earnt 35,000 USD a year at my best. My current situation does not need to be discussed, suffice to say I am in my early 30’s, I earn over 100,000 USD a year. Three years ago I earnt less than 20’000 USD a year . I am relatively successful and I did it all in Thailand.

3 Years ago 20K

Last Year 35K

This Year 100K

Total = 155K

OK now we have got rid of at least 50% of these people they will not read this far, so lets talk:

It's tough going but I'm hanging in here...

I bought an empty condo next to where I live and made it an office I turnover 300,000 dollars a year(in my second year)

Capital Outlay = ???

Residue = 155K-Captal Outlay = ???

Two years ago I had 20’000 dollars in my account now I have two condos (worth over half a million dollars) and 80,000 dollars in the bank and I am a speck in the eye of success.

OK I accept you didn't pay 500K each - Let's say you got lucky and paid 77.5K Each - ..... That's all your capital gone.

But you've still got 80K in the Bank?!

Your sums don't add up son.... Have another Leo.

Probably correct about the less than positive attitude and lack of encouragement on certain topics in the forum; however if he requires any sort of credibility he appears to have missed the point that it is not wise to insult your audience, unless you are on the stage in a place where the doors are closed, and, you are getting paid to insult paying customers, because that is the expectation......

There is a bound to be a difference in outlook due to age, at 25 if you hit a drop in expected revenue you have opportunity to adjust, rebuild and restore your place in top ten rich list, at 55, I doubt there is the energy, enthusiasm and confidence to start over, hence the caution delivered to advise non failure......never hurts to assess why people react differently to the same question

Never hurts to try and understand too.....even if you feel you have a legitimate complaint and are placing an alternative point of view....

Enjoy the fruits of your hard work OP.......I guess you have made it when the next thing on your 'to do' list is to chastise the good gentlemen of Thai visa for their remarks concerning the possibilities for young farang advancement it Thailand

SC: My bold

Even if you complain, no one listens, so you might as well not bother

And look at these shoes, I've only had them a few weeks...

(Monty Python)

SC

I was going to post

"How can the OP complain about negativism on TV when no-one has posted on the Scottish Football thread

in the whole month of August?

Then I read the below.

:coffee1: Just read a load of OP <deleted>. :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right, OP, we are a bunch of whinging moaners. And now, arrogant braggarts as well.

Anyway, a goal up at half time, and still no-one has seen fit to post on that thread. Miserable Scotch gits, every one of us

SC

Being successful in life has nothing to do with making lots of money. It's all about being happy.

I used to stress about making money and worked in a job that I hated just to do that.

Leaving work was the best move I ever made, even if I have to live in a shoebox in middle of road.

I always thought it was about making enough money to retire in Thailand, but actually I'd probably have been happier working as a tourist lodge caretaker in the country or something like that.

I was lucky though, as I met a wonderful woman, but had I not done so, I'd be sitting in some grotty room in Pattaya still feeling like crap, and wondering where it all went wrong.

Couldn't make it in the west but he can make it in the east yet he slags off those who did make it in the west enough to be able to come and live comfortably in the east and without working? Naaaaah, doesn't make any sense, is all this being done legally with work permits etc.? I doubt it :rolleyes: ...

Edit: ^ Kind of what I posted..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Im sick of listening to all these snobs on TV.

The way I see the world you are either part of the eltie... or you are not.

And quite clearly... the vast majority of us here are not.

That doesnt mean we are faliures.. and you are not a member of the bourgeoisie either, running a 2 dollar company from your bedroom.

Luke, it sounds like those 20 hour days are taking their toll ;-) if you're a 30 year old self-made entrepreneur well on your way to your first million in TL then you are in a very very small minority here, possibly unique, and good luck to you. But it's going to be lonely at the top, I guess.

On the other hand, your opening post really does sound like you're looking for "newbie" investors, like a sales pitch.

Anyway take it easy.

3 Years ago 20K

Last Year 35K

This Year 100K

Total = 155K

I bought an empty condo next to where I live and made it an office I turnover 300,000 dollars a year(in my second year)

Capital Outlay = ???

Residue = 155K-Captal Outlay = ???

Two years ago I had 20’000 dollars in my account now I have two condos (worth over half a million dollars) and 80,000 dollars in the bank and I am a speck in the eye of success.

OK I accept you didn't pay 500K each - Let's say you got lucky and paid 77.5K Each - ..... That's all your capital gone.

But you've still got 80K in the Bank?!

Your sums don't add up son.... Have another Leo.

You're not paying attention GH; he's an Asahi drinker, a higher class of Leo.

How to make a LOT of money --------- Simply send me $29.95 and I will tell you the way to do it.

Ah well, I'll tell you for free.

See the secret below;

How to make a LOT of money --------- Simply send me $29.95 and I will tell you the way to do it.

This is it, simple isn't it.

Ah well, I'll tell you for free.

See the secret below;

This is it, simple isn't it.

How to make even more money than he tells you:

Simply send me $50 and I'll tell you.

Welcome to the land of opportunity.

OP, the only sensible thing was your last statement but then again, every land is an opportuinity, including our home country. Only difference is that starting a business in thailand is way cheaper and the licensing for everything is not as rigid as in our home country.

To demean others is just trying to impress your superiority or lack of it, which in a sense is what the oldies are trying to advise the newbies here. Wisdom comes with life experiences, not by how much you earn.

There are lots of successful foreigners doing businesses here in thailand but all of them will attest and not claim that it comes with some risk/s.

No one likes/love a bigot, especially in Thailand, they will tolerate you till you burn and that's when you will be singing a different tune.

In closing, congrats on your success but am pretty sure there are lots of foreigners doing better than you living in mansion with pool instead of apartment and they just choose to be low profile instead of blowing their trumpet over insignificant amount like yours.

Investing over a million dollars in these cheap looking trying to look slick excuses for condos, imitating so called "American or European life" style, that get old tatty and discarded the minute the last unit is bought, are just a waste of place that spoil Bangkok horizon line, is a total waist of money

The sheer concept of a Champagne bar is such a nonsense nouveau riche and vulgar it's not even funny.