Nissan Navara

guzzi850m2

Guzzi, that's either a very old article, or the author is out of touch..

The last change to the Navara line-up was a minor change in November 2010, and since then the 2011 Triton has taken the crown as Thailand's most powerful pickup (2.5L 178HP). That will soon be taken and shared by the Ford Ranger T6 (3.2L 200HP) and the Chev Colorado GMI-700 (2.8L 200HP) though.

The last change to the Navara line-up was a minor change in November 2010, and since then the 2011 Triton has taken the crown as Thailand's most powerful pickup (2.5L 178HP). That will soon be taken and shared by the Ford Ranger T6 (3.2L 200HP) and the Chev Colorado GMI-700 (2.8L 200HP) though.

He-he, good we have you here on the forum MRO, because otherwise we will have to rely on what we read and what the dealers says (most don't have a clue too)

He-he, good we have you here on the forum MRO, because otherwise we will have to rely on what we read and what the dealers says (most don't have a clue too)

Yeah NP, anyone that's tried to buy a car here has quickly learnt that product knowledge is obviously not a job requirement for a new car salesperson :)

• 8 months later...

they should bring the V6 diesel navara to thailand. then that would be the most powerful pickup in thai.. wouldnt it be?

You can have more power with a cheap chip on any 4 pot diesel. smile.png

if you put in a cheap chip on the V6 diesel then what?

they should bring the V6 diesel navara to thailand. then that would be the most powerful pickup in thai.. wouldnt it be?

Bigger smile eh. smile.png

Bigger smile eh. smile.png

hahaha.. good one sir. biggrin.png

That Navara / Renault V6 sounds good. Reviews from Australia say 170kw / 550 Nm with a 7 speed auto. The Pathfinder version has independent rear suspension too.

With tining boxes etc max power potential is probably not to different to 3L 4 cylinders but noise and vibration are probably better.

The bad news is the 4 door V6 ute costs over 1.8M baht and the Pathfinder is almost 2.4M baht. That may be why they are not sold here.

That Navara / Renault V6 sounds good. Reviews from Australia say 170kw / 550 Nm with a 7 speed auto. The Pathfinder version has independent rear suspension too.

With tining boxes etc max power potential is probably not to different to 3L 4 cylinders but noise and vibration are probably better.

The bad news is the 4 door V6 ute costs over 1.8M baht and the Pathfinder is almost 2.4M baht. That may be why they are not sold here.

.....hang on, are they available in Thailand? How do you know the price?

No the V6 is not available in Thailand, the values I mentioned are the Australian prices converted to baht. The pickups here are pretty good value compared to most models in Australia however our models are stripped down a little and the expensive options like the Nissan V6 are cut. I wonder if the higher priced markets are getting the same delivery delays for popular models like Thailand at the moment, (E.G. Ranger 3.2L)?

No the V6 is not available in Thailand, the values I mentioned are the Australian prices converted to baht. The pickups here are pretty good value compared to most models in Australia however our models are stripped down a little and the expensive options like the Nissan V6 are cut. I wonder if the higher priced markets are getting the same delivery delays for popular models like Thailand at the moment, (E.G. Ranger 3.2L)?

Basically are you not comparing apples and oranges?

your problems will be with the utter incompetene of the Nissan sales team

second that. when i was out shopping, went into nissan dealer on sukhumvit road with cash in my pocket but was told all staff out for lunch.

few meters down the road bought toyota instead

your problems will be with the utter incompetene of the Nissan sales team

second that. when i was out shopping, went into nissan dealer on sukhumvit road with cash in my pocket but was told all staff out for lunch.

few meters down the road bought toyota instead

Buddha was with you for the right ride. smile.png

Yeah NP, anyone that's tried to buy a car here has quickly learnt that product knowledge is obviously not a job requirement for a new car salesperson smile.gif

Apparently nor is driving the car brand they are sellingthumbsup.gif

Funniest experience, Isuzu dealer on sukhumvit road in Pattaya,

Staff car park is in the front of the showroom, the only parked cars are : Toyota and Honda

Speaking to a sales girl, who goes to her car to get the brochureermm.gif , her car was a Toyota.

Trying to be funny, i joked around about that, that Isuzu sales person is driving a Toyota, with a straight face she replied" i no like Isuzu, drive no good"clap2.gif

Edited by phl

Yeah NP, anyone that's tried to buy a car here has quickly learnt that product knowledge is obviously not a job requirement for a new car salesperson smile.gif

Apparently nor is driving the car brand they are sellingthumbsup.gif

Staff car park is in the front of the showroom, the only parked cars are : Toyota and Honda

Speaking to a sales girl, who goes to her car to get the brochureermm.gif , her car was a Toyota.

Trying to be funny, i joked around about that, that Isuzu sales person is driving a Toyota, with a straight face she replied" i no like Isuzu, drive no good"clap2.gif

An honest sales person, dee ma, and good for her, though her sales bonus will be zilch. ermm.gif

You went to the good branch.

The Isuzu showroom on 2nd Road contains no vehicles, no brochures and about 6 girls eating som-tam and proclaiming "car mai mii ka" (and I could see that without their help).

The Nissan dealer on Sukumvit had no pickups for me to test drive (or even look at) and couldnt tell me whether they would ever have any. They did have brochures though.