Scored Some Pure !

KRS1

im pretty sure Aitch is referring to throttle revving , as in twisting the throttle - not RPM (Revolutions Per Minute).. ;)

No where does he ever state RPM's have decreased. :jap:

Um, not to beat a dead horse, but that's EXACTLY what Aitch said:

G'day Vocal Neal and KSR1, yes I have said it does'nt rev more. Cruises at 100~110 at about half throttle. To get to top speed of 124 previously the throttle was wide open against the stop. Now she winds up up 130 at three quarter throttle and maintains speed at that throttle setting. Before the engine was flat out to maintain 124. So yes the revs are down. Let the flames begin.

I'm not trying to flame anyone, but Aitch's post saying he can reach a higher speed with lower revs doesn't make any sense... :whistling:

Sorry to butt in ,but I will , you may have to read it again,BEFORE was flat out to maintain 124 so yes the revs are down , I believe he made an error in choosing the word( are) instead of were?. well anyway thats my view

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure Aitch is referring to throttle revving , as in twisting the throttle - not RPM (Revolutions Per Minute).. ;)

G'day Vocal Neal and KSR1, yes I have said it does'nt rev more. Cruises at 100~110 at about half throttle. To get to top speed of 124 previously the throttle was wide open against the stop. Now she winds up up 130 at three quarter throttle and maintains speed at that throttle setting. Before the engine was flat out to maintain 124. So yes the revs are down. Let the flames begin.

I'm not trying to flame anyone, but Aitch's post saying he can reach a higher speed with lower revs doesn't make any sense... :whistling:

Sorry to butt in ,but I will , you may have to read it again,BEFORE was flat out to maintain 124 so yes the revs are down , I believe he made an error in choosing the word( are) instead of were?. well anyway thats my view

bigbikebkk is just spamming to get his post count up ,dont pay any heed to his mindless drivel ;)

Edited by wana

Going from 124 to 130 requires higher revs no matter what position the throttle is at. However, before his bike could only top out at 124 but now it's doing 130, meaning that the engine has more power to propel his bike to 130 but obviously with higher revs. :)

Aye, perhaps that's what he was trying to say... No doubt he'll be along shortly to clarify or flame :)

Caltax benzine 95 is the best performing fuel i have used in thailand but its bloody expensive at 51 thb per litre

ive been talking to a few of my neighbours that ride bikes and many of them believe some stations are filling up the benzine tanks with gasohol 95 and charging more for it (how dare they :rolleyes: )

is there anyway to test for sure that your benzine 91 isnt gasohol 95 ? (without sending it to a lab )

Drink it a see if you get drunk? :crazy:

another worthy contribution from bigbikebkk

you forgot to add some of your gay watermarked pictures

for free advertising though :whistling:

Gee, thanks for reminding me Wana-troll :lol:

April30ER6nHomeSSR.jpg

I can't remember what it is I'm supposed to be advertising though... :rolleyes:

Happy Trails!

Tony

Caltax benzine 95 is the best performing fuel i have used in thailand but its bloody expensive at 51 thb per litre

ive been talking to a few of my neighbours that ride bikes and many of them believe some stations are filling up the benzine tanks with gasohol 95 and charging more for it (how dare they :rolleyes: )

is there anyway to test for sure that your benzine 91 isnt gasohol 95 ? (without sending it to a lab )

Drink it a see if you get drunk? :crazy:

another worthy contribution from bigbikebkk

you forgot to add some of your gay watermarked pictures

for free advertising though :whistling:

Gee, thanks for reminding me Wana-troll :lol:

April30ER6nHomeSSR.jpg

I can't remember what it is I'm supposed to be advertising though... :rolleyes:

Happy Trails!

Tony

ok, secret-gay riders club

why not pay for advertising like the other sponsors instead of spaming the forum like a reject ? :whistling:

He sure did Semper, I have no desire to flame anyone BBBKK, what I am saying is the bike is running much better. It has more power and acceleration than before. Yes throttle position is lower, for example half throttle gives me an indicated 100 ~ 110. Three quarter throttle takes her up to 130 and maintains that speed. Before full throttle took her up to 124 and if I tried to keep her at full throttle then the overspeed limiting device would cut in intermittently. That does not happen now. I believe the bikes engine is operating at lower RPM due to more efficient combustion and therefore the piston is providing more power to the crankshaft. Yes I am as stubborn as a mule, one of my many faults. The bike does not have a tacho, so I can not prove it, it is a seat of the pants feeling I have, I could be wrong no biggie. This is my last word on the subject, as I said before, let the flames begin.

Going from 124 to 130 requires higher revs no matter what position the throttle is at. However, before his bike could only top out at 124 but now it's doing 130, meaning that the engine has more power to propel his bike to 130 but obviously with higher revs. :)

I think one thing a lot of people fail to realize is 1) acceleration and 2) the sustaining of a certain speed are not the same thing.

When you accelerate the rpms rise, but in order to sustain that speed you have to have the torque to keep it sustained. On weaker bikes it's quite annoying trying to sustain a target speed when the power keeps dropping once you hit the peak that it can barely reach.

In Aitch's case as well as mine, by using a higher quality fuel sustaining the top speed is less annoying. If anyone's ever driven the older CBR 150 in 6th gear, you know what im talking about, the power starts fading and fading and fading, until you say screw it, downshift into 5th and build the rpms back up again. Wash rinse and repeat cycle.

Bigger bikes and higher horsepower small bikes (eg; NSR 150) hardly ever see this problem because the power delivery is much faster, and most people aren't riding them to their full potential to even notice it. At 50mph you need 5 horsepower just to break wind resistance.

DNFTT DNFTT had to repeat that a couple of times to myself first. Been busy on the CBR KSR, must admit I had never heard of a PAIR valve until you mentioned it, interesting. Yes I do have one on the bike but I don't think I'm going to mess with it. Googled it and the answer came back that there should be no detrimental effects to blocking it off. But it MAY reduce the life of the exhaust system, I don't think it would but there we are. I wish you luck and fun in hitting 170 with your bad mf-ing new carb.

Thanks for the suggestion Vocal Neal, don't think I will do it though, I am happy as things are and have nothing to prove to myself, and I'm not gonna waste my time doing anything for the benefit of the troll.

DO IT ! :D after you do it, you wont look back man. In the service manual it says the pair is there to reinject fresh air so the exhaust is cleaner (whats another polar bear?). I dont think you'd even have to plug the reed valve on top since its actually a one way valve, plus there's another gate at the control valve's solenoid, the small rubber tube at the intake is probably all you'd need to do and just leave everything else attached. I don't think plugging it up top is what is helping.

3 feet of suction and pushing up a spring takes a lot of vacuum ! Vacuum that would serve much better in the intake port.

I think one thing a lot of people fail to realize is 1) acceleration and 2) the sustaining of a certain speed are not the same thing.

When you accelerate the rpms rise, but in order to sustain that speed you have to have the torque to keep it sustained. On weaker bikes it's quite annoying trying to sustain a target speed when the power keeps dropping once you hit the peak that it can barely reach.

In Aitch's case as well as mine, by using a higher quality fuel sustaining the top speed is less annoying. If anyone's ever driven the older CBR 150 in 6th gear, you know what im talking about, the power starts fading and fading and fading, until you say screw it, downshift into 5th and build the rpms back up again. Wash rinse and repeat cycle.

Bigger bikes and higher horsepower small bikes (eg; NSR 150) hardly ever see this problem because the power delivery is much faster, and most people aren't riding them to their full potential to even notice it. At 50mph you need 5 horsepower just to break wind resistance.

Why wont you or anyone else having this love affair with PURE please explain how a higher top end speed is attained without any mechanical alterations to the gearbox/sprockets.

this thread is soooo funny... the performance enhancing uber spark plug really tops it off :whistling:

seriously guys.. do you not think if there was some secret 'super fuel' out there it wouldn't be exploited by the oil companies ??

Might as well just put gasohol 91 in the space shuttle then huh? Hell its all the same...and the sparkplug? : obvious sign you've never tried it. All sparkplugs have resistance, the ones with less will emit a stronger spark, a stronger spark also last milliseconds longer allowing for more thorough combustion. The electrode material also plays a part in it, when metal gets hot it becomes less conductive.

Anymore monkeys want to jump on the bandwagon?

FYI the new CBR 250 uses a self cleaning Iridium needle tipped plug as standard issue.

Guess they should have just went with a lawnmower plug, hell they're all the same right ?

Better yet, use a lawnmower plug in the space shuttle.

Edited by KRS1

this thread is soooo funny... the performance enhancing uber spark plug really tops it off :whistling:

seriously guys.. do you not think if there was some secret 'super fuel' out there it wouldn't be exploited by the oil companies ??

Might as well just put gasohol 91 in the space shuttle then huh? Hell its all the same...and the sparkplug? : obvious sign you've never tried it. All sparkplugs have resistance, the ones with less will emit a stronger spark, a stronger spark also last milliseconds longer allowing for more thorough combustion. The electrode material also plays a part in it, when metal gets hot it becomes less conductive.

Anymore monkeys want to jump on the bandwagon?

comparing a space shuttle to some poxy single cylinder commuter is hardly an argument...fyi, a new properly gapped spark plug will work just as well as the 'space shuttle' ones..... seriously.. you remind me of some spotty 16 year claiming his RS 50 will do a 100 :lol:

Edited by William Osborne

No it wont, try putting in a colder plug than the heat range the engine calls for. It wont be running to its fullest potential. The point source of the spark is changed and the explosion is biased further away from the piston. The closer you can get the mixture to ignite to the piston the more power you will make. But then the tip gets hotter, so better materials have to be used.

Anyway its clear you've never done any experimentation under the bridge the rest of you trolls live under. What do you ride under the bridge, turtles?

DNFTT x 2

No it wont, try putting in a colder plug than the heat range the engine calls for. It wont be running to its fullest potential. The point source of the spark is changed and the explosion is biased further away from the piston. The closer you can get the mixture to ignite to the piston the more power you will make. But then the tip gets hotter, so better materials have to be used.

Anyway its clear you've never done any experimentation under the bridge the rest of you trolls live under. What do you ride under the bridge, turtles?

DNFTT x 2

If you Google just a bit, I think you will learn that a spark is a spark. Once the fuel air mixture is ignited, It simply doesn't matter. I don't know where you get your silly ideas but it would be to your advantage to quit making totally false statements and presenting those statements as fact. You have an overactive imagination and apparently are able to convince yourself of whatever scheme you think gives you more power when it's likely it is actually the opposite.

If you would like more help using Google as you suggest just let me know.

False statements? Nah there all true, you on the other hand should stop making uneducated guesses.

Spark Duration

Central Electrode

BTW add another Ninja 250 that has received positive effects from using PURE, top speed up to 170 kph, up from 163 kph.:jap:

False statements? Nah there all true, you on the other hand should stop making uneducated guesses.

Spark Duration

Central Electrode

BTW add another Ninja 250 that has received positive effects from using PURE, top speed up to 170 kph, up from 163 kph.:jap:

My old Ninjette would do ~175kph indicated on pretty much any fuel... It was bone stock and I ran it on gasoline 91, gasohol 91 and gasohol 95. Same mileage and top speed regardless of fuel used. :whistling:

Spark Duration

Central Electrode

My old Ninjette would do ~175kph indicated on pretty much any fuel... It was bone stock and I ran it on gasoline 91, gasohol 91 and gasohol 95. Same mileage and top speed regardless of fuel used. :whistling:

Did you try PURE ?

whilst the argument of using 'space shuttle technology' type spark plugs has some validity if using high performance competition bikes where things can be measured in 1/100ths of seconds.... but when you get talking about some mass produced, low performance single cylinder commuters it all gets a bit silly...better off if the owner gets into the habit of taking a dump before they go out as this weight loss would certainly give an extra few kph ;)

Edited by William Osborne

Spark Duration

Central Electrode

If i recall correctly in an old post you said you had sold a ninja 250 for 199k....that doesnt sound like a stock bike to me, unless of course you mistyped, but there was no reply from you after questioned about the price. Maybe if you used PURE you'd hit 180 kph.:D

199k Ninjette

Anyway use whatever fuel and sparkplugs you fellas want, i know whats working for my bike and differences that it makes. Its just a shame some of you are so closed minded.

If you want to use any fuel and any plug go for it, im not trying to talk anyone into it, just sharing my findings. I dont really give a shit anymore, too many pessimists and skeptics to waste more time on this issue and always ends up in insults for no good reason.

Edited by KRS1

Spark Duration

Central Electrode

If i recall correctly in an old post you said you had modifications like a pipe done to the bike and other accessories and ended up selling it for more than what you paid for it. Also sold it the next day after posting it for sale online. Don't make me dig it up im too lazy.

Seems like the only people that say there is no effect from using PURE are the ones that haven't tried it.

Nope. His Ninjette was stock.. His Er6 was pimpedbiggrin.gif