Scored Some Pure !

KRS1

Tried to get out to Pai today, got 80km into when it started raining up in the mountains , only had 25 more to go :(, all i had on was a t-shirt and jeans so didn't want to be walking around town all wet.

On the way there I saw a Pure gas station, made a note of it and tried to burn as much fuel as i could on the way back...so i could fuel up on Pure. I use to use this stuff in BKK and its VERY good stuff !

Previous fuel in the tank was Petronas Benzine, switched over from Shell because it burns away to quickly, Petronas is good, power is still up and last longer than Shell. Still had a half tank of Petronas when i filled up.

But today with Pure, man oh man this shit is some good stuff, as soon as i pulled out i could tell the power was up, kinda caught me by surprise (its that drastic !), idle speed also went up do to better combustion. You gotta try this stuff. I fueled up on the first pump.

Take Chang Puek road out of Chiang mai and it's about 25 kilometers out and will be on the right side....pass 1096....it will be before 1095...The better route would be to take canal road out of Chiang Mai and make a left at what would be Chang Puak where it reconnects.

Will go through a couple more tanks just to make sure the Petronas and Pure didn't create some kind of wonder fuel when mixed together...lol

Now i have something else to add to my list of things to do to waste time ...lol :D

photo0343l.jpg

Edited by KRS1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this post a few weeks ago and thought yeah yeah another fairy tale. However, I spotted a Pure station near the new Central being built in Phitsanulok, made a note to self and dropped in on Wednesday to fill up. I must say that the bike (Phantom) runs smoother, sounds better, accelerates quicker (now superslug as opposed to slug) and has gained 4KPH on top speed, 126 on the flat. Hat's off to you KRS1 I will never doubt you again oh Guru of the North. Cheers, even though the Pure station is a few Klicks out of my way I shall be using it in the future.

Saw this post a few weeks ago and thought yeah yeah another fairy tale. However, I spotted a Pure station near the new Central being built in Phitsanulok, made a note to self and dropped in on Wednesday to fill up. I must say that the bike (Phantom) runs smoother, sounds better, accelerates quicker (now superslug as opposed to slug) and has gained 4KPH on top speed, 126 on the flat. Hat's off to you KRS1 I will never doubt you again oh Guru of the North. Cheers, even though the Pure station is a few Klicks out of my way I shall be using it in the future.

Those who know...Just know ;)

Got stuck with PTT last week and could definately feel the difference.

Sounds amazing, Iam keen to try some in my Honda Click as it defo needs some additional horsepower, Iam suprised that this wonder fuel is listed as UGR 91 RON and is priced the same as the UGR 91 RON that PTT/ BCP/ Esso/ Chevron/ PT/ Susco and Pertronas all sell.

http://www.eppo.go.th/retail_prices.html

Thanks for the heads up though.

I'm a bit confused.

This is just regular benzene 91 we're talking about, right?

If you have an older vehicle that isn't designed to run on gasohol then certainly you should enjoy better performance running it on the fuel it was designed for.

But if you have a modern vehicle that is designed to run on gasohol E10, such as a Versys, there should be no significant difference in power or fuel economy with either fuel...

Different petrol companies use different additives to cut the fuel, whether its to dilute the PUREness for more profit or marketing that claim additives can clean the IO/EX ports.

Its like coffee, some have more caffeine than others :jap:

To clear any confusion BBBKK I have only ever used 91 red (as was/is/maybe) in my bike, PTT, Shell, Jet whatever, as it is the recommended fuel grade. This is the first time I have tried Pure and I assure you the bike sounds sweet. There is a marked improvement on performance which wasn't bad anyway, for a Phantom that is. The bike just feels and sounds so much better.

• 2 weeks later...

On my 3rd fill of Pure now, so it must be 100% Pure in the tank. Acceleration is amazing (for a Phantom), maintains 110 at half throttle, whacks up to 130 now at three quarter throttle. Had be at full throttle to achieve 123-124 before. All speed quoted on the clock reads maybe 10% faster than actual speed. Fuel consumption is about 29Kms / Litre but I have been riding much quicker with this power boost. PTT 31/Litre plodding along between 90-100 KPH.

On my 3rd fill of Pure now, so it must be 100% Pure in the tank. Acceleration is amazing (for a Phantom), maintains 110 at half throttle, whacks up to 130 now at three quarter throttle. Had be at full throttle to achieve 123-124 before. All speed quoted on the clock reads maybe 10% faster than actual speed. Fuel consumption is about 29Kms / Litre but I have been riding much quicker with this power boost. PTT 31/Litre plodding along between 90-100 KPH.

I noticed after using PURE for a while I started skidding my tires more often do to braking from higher speeds. :D

I wonder if putting in a NGK needle platinum plug would make your bike run better, did for me. ;)

Cheers KSR, just had a new standard plug fitted on the service, but will give the NGK a whirl. The performance of my bike on this Pure crack is bloody marvellous, I am a convert snd hsve started using Pure diesel in my truck.

KRS1, this is PURE bullshit! It is almost like a fabricated attack on any brand of benzine other than Pure to generate sales ;)

You should go for a bigger bike. Much easier than to fill in overprized gas and buy NGK titanium spark plugs :lol:

Well i don't know about Pure but i do know that Platinum or Titanium tipped spark plugs do give a better flame in the combustion chamber.. Maybe you need to fit one to your bike and try it :rolleyes:

KRS1, this is PURE bullshit! It is almost like a fabricated attack on any brand of benzine other than Pure to generate sales ;)

You should go for a bigger bike. Much easier than to fill in overprized gas and buy NGK titanium spark plugs :lol:

Didn't know they made titanium plugs...smart one ain't ya?...as far as the gas is concerned all anyone has to do is try it, no bullshit there !

What's overprized gas?:huh:

Was it you or your Wana-twin who was lecturing me about flaming, cursing, insulting etc? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black... :unsure:

kettlepot.gif

While I'm quite skeptical of the claims that PURE brand benzene is any different from other brands of benzene, if these guys think it makes their bikes run better it's their money and they certainly have the right to choose whatever fuel they like.

As an aside, I remember reading somewhere that most fuel in Thailand comes from the same refineries and is simply re-branded. Anyone know if that's true?

Ride On!

Tony

Was it you or your Wana-twin who was lecturing me about flaming, cursing, insulting etc? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black... :unsure:

kettlepot.gif

While I'm quite skeptical of the claims that PURE brand benzene is any different from other brands of benzene, if these guys think it makes their bikes run better it's their money and they certainly have the right to choose whatever fuel they like.

As an aside, I remember reading somewhere that most fuel in Thailand comes from the same refineries and is simply re-branded. Anyone know if that's true?

Ride On!

Tony

Go ahead and give it a try :jap:

As of 2002 there are seven oil refineries in Thailand cracking distillate fuel oils.

The PURE refinery is called PURE Purifier co ltd located in Rayong. On This page it eludes that they do further conversion of raw stocks from PTT.

"...Rayong Purifier's Refinery is located in the Maptaphut Industrial Estate, Rayong province. It is a refinery that carries out conversion of condensate residue, a material that is a byproduct of the manufacturing process of PTT Aromatics and Refining Company Limited (Thailand) at a capacity of 17,000 barrels of oil per day, or about 80 million liters per month. In addition enhancing the value of raw materials from the Gulf of Thailand and to producing petroleum and petrochemical product quality to international standard. Reducing oil imports from other countries is an additional benefit...."
Edited by KRS1

Cheers KSR, just had a new standard plug fitted on the service, but will give the NGK a whirl. The performance of my bike on this Pure crack is bloody marvellous, I am a convert snd hsve started using Pure diesel in my truck.

Is their Diesel showing any improvements over other brands?

kettlepot.gif

Ride On!

Tony

Go ahead and give it a try :jap:

As of 2002 there are seven oil refineries in Thailand cracking distillate fuel oils.

The PURE refinery is called PURE Purifier co ltd located in Rayong. On This page it eludes that they do further conversion of raw stocks from PTT.

"...Rayong Purifier's Refinery is located in the Maptaphut Industrial Estate, Rayong province. It is a refinery that carries out conversion of condensate residue, a material that is a byproduct of the manufacturing process of PTT Aromatics and Refining Company Limited (Thailand) at a capacity of 17,000 barrels of oil per day, or about 80 million liters per month. In addition enhancing the value of raw materials from the Gulf of Thailand and to producing petroleum and petrochemical product quality to international standard. Reducing oil imports from other countries is an additional benefit...."

Funny thing is I've always avoided PURE stations because they generally LOOK a bit run down and like the kind of place where they very well might have leaking storage tanks or watered down fuel. When I had my ER6 on the dyno it was putting out expected Hp figures using PTT gasohol 91 and on the occasions when I've used 95 gasohol or even Caltex 95 benzene I could not perceive a difference in power and my "butt dyno" is pretty sensitive ;) But again, we're talking fuel injected vs carb'd so I suppose anything's possible. The Gixxer requires high octane fuel and definitely does NOT like 91. It runs fine on Gasohol 95, but when I once let her sit for about a month with a tank full of gasohol I suffered fuel system problems, so now I fill her with 95 benzene before I park her for a while.

I had the same perception with PURE stations, always looked old and run down...especially the ones in the outer provinces...Until one day i was stuck with nothing else to use...I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

I think PURE mainly services the smaller provinces that are in the middle of nowhere for both vehicles and Rice tilling machines.

I used Caltex & Petronas last week and back on PURE today and can definately feel a difference, engine climbs and peaks much better. But this is on a single cylinder where its more sensitive.

Give it a shot man, nothing to lose ! Maybe you can cut lap times.;)

On a sidenote, im back on Chang whereas Leo was giving me headaches and the performance of Heineken was just mehhh...:D

Didn't know they made titanium plugs...smart one ain't ya?...as far as the gas is concerned all anyone has to do is try it, no bullshit there !

What's overprized gas?:huh:

I mean the overprized gas at Pure stations. Much to cost-intensive this stuff. Did you know that not long ago they sold it for 23Baht per liter? They became real robbers!

Yes, NGK has a small production of titanium coated spark plugs for special use cases. They are e.g. useful to drive to the next 7eleven. Even thaicbr can report how amazing they are:

Well i don't know about Pure but i do know that Platinum or Titanium tipped spark plugs do give a better flame in the combustion chamber.. Maybe you need to fit one to your bike and try it :rolleyes:

;)