Scored Some Pure !

KRS1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I'll try and keep this simple, on my 4th top up of Pure. I have owned my Phantom from new, it has only ever had 91 benzine in the tank. Top speed is up, feels as if it has more torque. The bike is running better than it ever has. Always had to use choke to start first thing in the morning, now starts with out the choke. Very happy with the performance on Pure amd it will be my first choice in the future.

Again spoonman you resort to profanity, read the thread and msybe you will understand. I was struggling to think of what to cook for dinner and eureka! An adjective that describes you perfectly has provided inspiration RISSOLES.

Unless you have changed sprockets a higher top speed can only be achieved by revving the bike harder, which you claim you do not. So please humour me and explain how more Torque gives you a higher top speed, my guess is that you will choose not to answer this once again.

Your statement is kinda misleading, how torque doesn't contribute to a higher top speed. Extra torque is always nice to achieve higher speeds so it can spin the sprockets more effortlessly.

I think what Aitch was eluding to is that the engine doesn't have to work so hard and strain itself, and the bike can now 'sustain' the same speed with less effort and go a bit faster since there is less strain upon acceleration.

If there's a dyno in CNX that's free i'd be happy to.

But i have a strong suspicion that single cylinder carbed bikes will see more of a difference.

Edited by KRS1

From what I can see the Phantom guy said he had better top speed and torque. Yes it is subjective but has he ever said it doesn't rev a bit more? Shell spends lots of money on Ferrari's fuel so different fuels obviously do make a difference.

There is a lot to learn here. Thicker spark plug wires, high tech spark plugs and Pure magic benzine will make a 125 cc have the same power as a 250 cc. I'm sure the manufactures would love to know these secrets. My best guess is that a very good imagination helps more than anything. B)

There is a lot to learn here. Thicker spark plug wires, high tech spark plugs and Pure magic benzine will make a 125 cc have the same power as a 250 cc. I'm sure the manufactures would love to know these secrets. My best guess is that a very good imagination helps more than anything. B)

Yes, bikes are not only driving faster, they also use less benzine when using Pure. Thanks for keeping this thread alive! We should do our best to make the public aware of this magic. Using Pure will help fighting climate change and oil dependence much more than using gasohol :thumbsup:

No one ever said it would make a 125 feel like a 250.

I guess everyone that sees a gain from using 95 over 91 at any station are also imagining it.

I had a higher regard for you Gary A, that just went out the window. Probably the biggest secret the manufacturers don't want you to know is that all parts are sourced out to the lowest bidder, if not then we would all be driving Ferrarris and racebikes would not exist because they would all be as fast as commercially available bikes.

Must be something different going on in those racebikes, you think? :jap:

Edited by KRS1

No one ever said it would make a 125 feel like a 250.

I guess everyone that sees a gain from using 95 over 91 at any station are also imagining it.

I had a higher regard for you Gary A, that just went out the window. Probably the biggest secret the manufacturers don't want you to know is that all parts are sourced out to the lowest bidder, if not then we would all be driving Ferrarris and racebikes would not exist because they would all be as fast as commercially available bikes.

Must be something different going on in those racebikes, you think? :jap:

Sorry but after following the thread, I couldn't help myself and had to say it as I see it.

Yes, bikes are not only driving faster, they also use less benzine when using Pure. Thanks for keeping this thread alive! We should do our best to make the public aware of this magic. Using Pure will help fighting climate change and oil dependence much more than using gasohol :thumbsup:

You prefer Chang over Heineken or Asahi over Singha, or X over Y. Some guys prefer Pure over PTT. That's still my take.

From what I can see the Phantom guy said he had better top speed and torque. Yes it is subjective but has he ever said it doesn't rev a bit more? Shell spends lots of money on Ferrari's fuel so different fuels obviously do make a difference.

G'day Vocal Neal and KSR1, yes I have said it does'nt rev more. Cruises at 100~110 at about half throttle. To get to top speed of 124 previously the throttle was wide open against the stop. Now she winds up up 130 at three quarter throttle and maintains speed at that throttle setting. Before the engine was flat out to maintain 124. So yes the revs are down. Let the flames begin.

G'day Vocal Neal and KSR1, yes I have said it does'nt rev more. Cruises at 100~110 at about half throttle. To get to top speed of 124 previously the throttle was wide open against the stop. Now she winds up up 130 at three quarter throttle and maintains speed at that throttle setting. Before the engine was flat out to maintain 124. So yes the revs are down. Let the flames begin.

Sorry mate, if you haven't changed the gearing the revs can not be down to achieve the same speed. Simply not possible.

Not saying your bike doesn't run better on Pure brand gasoline, but it's simply impossible for you to reach the same speed at lower RPM without changing the gearing of your bike.

Surely you understand this? :huh:

To get to 130 from 124 the rpm MUST increase by 4.8%. Not a lot, and may not be discernible by ear, but it is there non the less.

I'm now wondering if somehow the PURE has had a cleaning effect in the carburettor rather than having more calorific value. Either way it works for you.

Aitch.

The scientific thing to do now to prove your findings would be run the tank down to reserve and to revert back to the fuel you used before say 1/2 tank full and see if the performance drops to it's previous level.

but it's simply impossible for you to reach the same speed at lower RPM without changing the gearing of your bike.

Surely you understand this? :huh:

Maybe he made a clutch overhaul. :rolleyes:

Lolz :lol:

It just occurred to me - does the Phantom even have a tach? :huh:

Not unless its aftermarket.

Yes I do understand gearing, in an earlier post I stated when the bike was new the bike used to get to 130 KPH no problem. Over the years the performance has deteriorated so the top speed I could achieve until recently was 124kph. Since I have been using Pure she gets to 130 again and would probably top out at 135, MAYBE. All I am (expletive deleted) saying is this petrol has restored the bikes flicking performance to what it was a couple of years ago. If you have problems believing that, go see a shrink.

The bike has no tacho. The clutch has not been overhauled. Yes the carb was stripped and cleaned last year, gaskets renewed and jets blown through with air.

Been fiddling around with the CBR and plugged the PAIR reed valve and vacuum actuator line. After doing this there was noticeable gain in torque going uphill, i can make it up doi suthep in 3rd gear the entire way up and not bog out once, except at that sharp uphill hairpin before you get to the temple where the waterfall is...In the heat of the moment about to go to Inthanon i filled up with ESSO and it was 'almost' the same as PURE, which leads me to believe the viscosity of PURE is indeed a bit thinner than other brands. Because ESSO did not feel the same as before. (yeah im imagining it)

The PAIR valve is actuated by a vacuum line in the intake manifold, and has to induce suction through the PAIR assembly for about 3 feet, first through a small tube the size of a fuel line for 1.5 feet, then has to go another 1.5 feet for the PAIR assembly consisting of the control valve, then the control valve's spring actuated solenoid, then a 6 inch long rubber hose 0.5" in diameter, then finally a secondary air filter...With this removed the intake vacuum should theoretically be much stronger and lead to better fuel atomization.- Which equals to less of a noticeable gain over other brand fuels.

So im thinking the weaker your intake vacuum is the more gain you will see with PURE especially with carbed bikes. Since fuel injected bikes don't rely solely on vacuum and have fuel pumps and injectors, there's probably less of a noticeable gain.

But PURE is still better than ESSO :D as indicated by the exhaust note...every person on here who has tried it has reported a change in sound, the sound of better combustion. Only people here who say there is no change at all, are the ones who have not tried it. - and you can't really argue with someone who has not tried it, all you can do is take in the insults stemming from PURE speculation.

im pretty sure Aitch is referring to throttle revving , as in twisting the throttle - not RPM (Revolutions Per Minute).. ;)

No where does he ever state RPM's have decreased. :jap:

On another note, just put this bad boy in today with separate velocity stack,carb's oval bored out to 31.95 mm with polished barrels and venturi... freaking sweet exhaust note at 10k rpm with much much much more torque. But the stock carb is more responsive at lower speeds since its a smaller bore. Bigger carb is only better for long trips, not very good for twisty mountain roads. Going to regear tomorrow and see if i can hit 170 kph.:D

The more power i generate, the less difference i start to see with PURE..;) ;) ;)

photo0452e.jpg

Edited by KRS1

So yes the revs are down. Let the flames begin.

PURE comedy !!

Quote the whole thing fool. He's talking about revving (twisting) of the throttle, not the actual RPM revolutions.

What is it with all these trolls lately twisting words around for their own benefit ? Coming from under the same bridge or what?

DNFTT DNFTT had to repeat that a couple of times to myself first. Been busy on the CBR KSR, must admit I had never heard of a PAIR valve until you mentioned it, interesting. Yes I do have one on the bike but I don't think I'm going to mess with it. Googled it and the answer came back that there should be no detrimental effects to blocking it off. But it MAY reduce the life of the exhaust system, I don't think it would but there we are. I wish you luck and fun in hitting 170 with your bad mf-ing new carb.

Thanks for the suggestion Vocal Neal, don't think I will do it though, I am happy as things are and have nothing to prove to myself, and I'm not gonna waste my time doing anything for the benefit of the troll.

So yes the revs are down. Let the flames begin.

PURE comedy !!

Quote the whole thing fool. He's talking about revving (twisting) of the throttle, not the actual RPM revolutions.

Are you suggesting revs is not associated with RPM............Dumb has been taken to a whole new level.

im pretty sure Aitch is referring to throttle revving , as in twisting the throttle - not RPM (Revolutions Per Minute).. ;)

Um, not to beat a dead horse, but that's EXACTLY what Aitch said:

I'm not trying to flame anyone, but Aitch's post saying he can reach a higher speed with lower revs doesn't make any sense... :whistling:

Caltax benzine 95 is the best performing fuel i have used in thailand but its bloody expensive at 51 thb per litre

ive been talking to a few of my neighbours that ride bikes and many of them believe some stations are filling up the benzine tanks with gasohol 95 and charging more for it (how dare they :rolleyes: )

is there anyway to test for sure that your benzine 91 isnt gasohol 95 ? (without sending it to a lab )

Caltax benzine 95 is the best performing fuel i have used in thailand but its bloody expensive at 51 thb per litre

ive been talking to a few of my neighbours that ride bikes and many of them believe some stations are filling up the benzine tanks with gasohol 95 and charging more for it (how dare they :rolleyes: )

is there anyway to test for sure that your benzine 91 isnt gasohol 95 ? (without sending it to a lab )

Drink it a see if you get drunk? :crazy:

Drink it a see if you get drunk? :crazy:

another worthy contribution from bigbikebkk

you forgot to add some of your gay watermarked pictures

for free advertising though :whistling: