• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Price Of Long-Term Rental During Low Season Vs High Season

HarryLL76

Hey guys

I am retired and living in Central America. I had planned to relocate to Pattaya no laterthan the first week of October. I wantedto arrive, spend one or two weeks in temporary housing and then rent a furnishedlong-term apartment. Bottom line, I hadhoped to get into a long-term apartment before the start of high season (Novembertimeframe). However, that window of opportunity is starting to close. The month of November may be better for methat October.

My question is once the high season starts; will the demand forand the availability of long-term apartments drives up the rent to the pointthat maybe I should wait until the next low season to relocate? Also, airfare will probably increase.

I would appreciate some advice from those of you that have lived in Pattaya for awhile.

Most owners with a brain will offer the same price for a 12 month rental regardless of the time of year that it starts. It's still 12 months, after all. And in Pattaya a bird in the hand is worth about 10 in the bush.

The only problem that you are likely to encounter in November is that the best (and best value) places may already be booked (or partially booked) from December until perhaps February and of course this will make it hard for you to rent them for 12 months from November.

So you may have to pay short-term rates to February and then take 12 months in another place once it is available.

By November most of the good deals on nice year round rents will be gone. They will be rented out at the highest rates the owner can get, and depending on the condo, it could last into March or so.

Your best bet, to get the very best long term deal will be between May and July. I hope that helps, good luck.

Most owners with a brain will offer the same price for a 12 month rental regardless of the time of year that it starts. It's still 12 months, after all. And in Pattaya a bird in the hand is worth about 10 in the bush.

The only problem that you are likely to encounter in November is that the best (and best value) places may already be booked (or partially booked) from December until perhaps February and of course this will make it hard for you to rent them for 12 months from November.

So you may have to pay short-term rates to February and then take 12 months in another place once it is available.

All of the above is correct....sadly a lot of the owners lack brains....and think that 3 months high season at 20,000 is better than 12 months at 18,000.....

Lucky for me I have secured a rental agreement with someone who can do simple arithmetic. I am paying 18,000 for a large (84 sq mtr) 1 bed on a high floor with panoramic views over the whole of Pattaya. But I did a fair bit of looking around over a 6 week period. The OP might need longer than 2 weeks to get the perfect place especially at this time of year.

In that 6 week period I saw some really crappy condos...why does any owner think a sagging stinking multiple p*ss stained matress wont put someone off renting a room that has 3mm thick Nicotine stained walls. And grubby light switches to go with the black mould tile grout in the shower.......then have the cheek to say High Season soon and ask for stupid money...

Beware, many of the pictures you see on the internet of rooms were taken years ago when the room was newly decorated.

There is a big choice out there in Pattaya / Jomtien / Naklua - Best of luck.

Edited by lonewolf99

sadly a lot of the owners lack brains

You can say that again.

.... I saw some really crappy condos...why does any owner think a sagging stinking multiple p*ss stained matress wont put someone off renting a room that has 3mm thick Nicotine stained walls. And grubby light switches to go with the black mould tile grout in the shower.......

Been there, done that, had the tetanus shots.

Only in Africa have I ever seen shoddier, dirtier, more overpriced accommodation than I have seen here. And that's saying something.

And the most stupid thing is that the same owners mostly dont even clean the places up when they are trying to sell them on. Morons.

sadly a lot of the owners lack brains

You can say that again.

.... I saw some really crappy condos...why does any owner think a sagging stinking multiple p*ss stained matress wont put someone off renting a room that has 3mm thick Nicotine stained walls. And grubby light switches to go with the black mould tile grout in the shower.......

Been there, done that, had the tetanus shots.

Only in Africa have I ever seen shoddier, dirtier, more overpriced accommodation than I have seen here. And that's saying something.

And the most stupid thing is that the same owners mostly dont even clean the places up when they are trying to sell them on. Morons.

Glad to hear someone else has been through the same mill....One place I went to the other week - 18,000 a month from the Girl in the office... I arrange to come back next day to do the paperwork then 30 mins after I leave the office, I get a phone call from the "Boss" - "Girl make mistake - this high season now (August) price 25,000 OK ?"

No not OK bye bye.... :jap:

For every 8 units I saw only one would be OK ?...and only a few exceptions like the one I have now were very clean and had modern decor and appliances...whats with the old yellow toasters in cupboard....??? and dark grey mop heads....and cold water in every sink....no safe....I could go on and on...but I will stop there.

.....whats with the old yellow toasters in cupboard....??? .

Easy. They are the cheapest ones you can buy.

....and cold water in every sink....

That's my favourite bugbear.

I've lost track of the number of "fancy" over-priced 3MB studios I have seen where they have saved 5000B by not fitting a water heater in the bathroom basin.

At least in the kitchen sink you can have one fitted very easily as the power is nearby, but to do so in the bathroom normally involves removing tiles or cutting long channels in walls to get the power there, if it wasn't foreseen before the tiling was done.

Shoddy, cheap work done on the orders of shoddy, cheap owners. Quite pathetic.

Thanks guysfor all the very useful advice. I willhave to change my plans but as a retiree I am not on a strict timetable.

Harry

.....whats with the old yellow toasters in cupboard....??? .

Easy. They are the cheapest ones you can buy.

....and cold water in every sink....

That's my favourite bugbear.

I've lost track of the number of "fancy" over-priced 3MB studios I have seen where they have saved 5000B by not fitting a water heater in the bathroom basin.

At least in the kitchen sink you can have one fitted very easily as the power is nearby, but to do so in the bathroom normally involves removing tiles or cutting long channels in walls to get the power there, if it wasn't foreseen before the tiling was done.

Shoddy, cheap work done on the orders of shoddy, cheap owners. Quite pathetic.

Edited by Rimmer
Font size