Best Way To Learning More About Motorbikes?

alexpoker

No need to volunteer at a shop. Here's a shop manual to get familiar with terms.

Google the file name below and download:

NSR150SP_service_manual

Then start checking things to see if its within spec, start with the autolube system, then the RC Valve. Get down to Kad Suan Kaew and walk through the backdoor by the motorcycle parking lot, there's a shop on the outside by the entrance. Look for the 3 headed socket that looks like a 'Y" with 8-10-12mm head sizes, get a big headed philips (small to medium will just strip the heads eventually) and needle nose vice grips too (your new best friend).

You'll need to work on this bike yourself, not many people in CNX can work on it....unless you want them to break it !

Nothing can replace hands on time, but these days just about anything can be learned online for free. Forums like this, and others that are more technical, are an infinite source of information. When I wanted to learn more about motorcycles, web design, photography, or advance my emergency dive medical knowledge, I just start Googling. Wikipedia is great for this, but never trust a single source. As you read, no matter what subject it is, anytime you come across a term or concept that you don't fully understand just click on it if it is hyper-linked in Wikipedia or Google it. It's not a replacement, but a great compliment to the actual licenses and certifications.

One thing our idea about volunteering. I wouldn't recommend it if it is a very visible shop. You run a risk of getting caught for violating Thai labor laws, as that is a protected profession. It does not matter that you are volunteering.

Already? I said you should have bought a CBR. rolleyes.gif

Nothing is wrong with the bike: just want to know more about it :P

Nothing replaces hands on stuff. My UK pal has a UK degree in Engineering WITH honours but hands on, noooooooooooo. Get out there, mingle and do your stuff. Dee Ma. :D