Sunday Lunch In Sansai ?

IEMDavid

Hi all and where can i find a good sunday lunch in sansai ? I do not what to travel into the city and was wondering if their is a place in area mee chok, If have lamb chops and roast potatoes and all the trimmings,Oh am so hungry now,I need a Sunday roast every week.

I think you're dreaming.

Perhaps the large hotel behind Big C (formerly Carrefour) has changed its policy (don't remember the name of the hotel) but the one and only time I was there I asked about brunches and they told me that the restaurant serves hotel guests only.

You might want to check out Heidelberg, it a German place after Mee Chok coming from town, cross Rt. 121 but before Mae Jo traffic light., on Rt. 1001 (Mae Jo/Pharo Rd.). Last Sunday was a BBQ, not sure if it's every Sunday though. No lamb but they do lots of pork dishes Western style.

You might want to check out Heidelberg, it a German place after Mee Chok coming from town, cross Rt. 121 but before Mae Jo traffic light., on Rt. 1001 (Mae Jo/Pharo Rd.). Last Sunday was a BBQ, not sure if it's every Sunday though. No lamb but they do lots of pork dishes Western style.

To be fair, if the op is going to travel that distance he they may as well add an extra couple of KM and go into town or The Pub which does excellent roast lamb every week.

Thanks for that but i see sansai has everything and mee chok with lots of shops but it would be nice if someone opened a nice western food restaurant with a nice bar as sansai has lots of falangs living here,tried kellys at mee chok but that was not for me and very small place,I did find a place near mee chok called friends restaurant and it a thai place and excellent Thai/western food and lamb chops on the menu but not many people their ?? food was good and they also have a meat buffet for 129b each,But it is not really what am looking for :whistling:

To be fair, if the op is going to travel that distance he they may as well add an extra couple of KM and go into town or The Pub which does excellent roast lamb every week.

Where is Friends Restaurant?

Thanks for that but i see sansai has everything and mee chok with lots of shops but it would be nice if someone opened a nice western food restaurant with a nice bar as sansai has lots of falangs living here,tried kellys at mee chok but that was not for me and very small place,I did find a place near mee chok called friends restaurant and it a thai place and excellent Thai/western food and lamb chops on the menu but not many people their ?? food was good and they also have a meat buffet for 129b each,But it is not really what am looking for :whistling:

Come out of rimping from the back carpark. Go to the lights and go straight over (towards payap uni, etc on the middle ring rd. Soon after you cross the lights, you will see it on the left.

Alternative farang bar and eatery is Bamboo bar. Turn left just before Friends, then follow road to the fork. Take the right fork past Viva City Home, and carry on to a tiny cross roads. (Farang Bar Mams Place is on this crossroads). Go straight over the crossroads and opposite the temple wall on your right is Bamboo Bar. Good western grub, nice owners (used to own The What bar on Loi Kroh)

Friends - open every day. buffet from 10 onwards, but not always set up on time, but will do it quickly if you ask for it. A la carte menu good. I suggest the ham mushroom pizza, and the excellent garlic bread. Not a bar atmosphere, but air con and do sell booze.

Mams, closed Sun and Mon, open other days 10 till 10. Limited food, but good booze prices and friendly. Good people watching place.

Bamboo. To be safe, go from 4pm onwards to be sure they are open. Owners name is Joolz. Good booze prices, GREAT farang food, top music, and big sports on big screen. Very rustic, but by far the most popular farang bar in the area.

Hope this helps...

Where is Friends Restaurant?