• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

2. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

3. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

4. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

5. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

6. 563

White Culture

7. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

8. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

9. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

10. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 125

Trump chickens out again.

14. 68

15. 68

Condos Part 2

deejah

There are lots of idiots in Pattaya I suppose.

There are. But it's the incredibly small minds that get me.

Everyone (Thais and farangs) grubbing around endlessly just to make a few thousand Baht profit. No imagination at all.

The bad quality of the builds and the furnishing/decor/maintenance are all symptoms of this.

I have seen countless condos in Pattaya, Malaysia, Singapore, the US, the UK and Canada. And I have to say that Pattaya condos are by far the worst constructed of any of them and the buyer is less protected here than anywhere else. Pattaya property, on average, should cost a fraction of even the cheapest of these other countries.

In Pattaya the quality is almost funny its so bad, walls are so thin you could kick through them, the plumbing is terrible (noticed the toilety smell in so many condos here?), window units are flimsy and rickety and often dont slide properly, cabinets and other fittings are cheap, nasty and flimsy, electrics are both dangerous and stupidly laid out.

I've been constantly dissappointed with the crap I keep seeing here. Its just depressing. And thats just the building itself. Outside is often horrible too, karaoke bars and traffic noise frequently eradicate any chance of a peaceful existance even of the quality was high. Yes, if you buy at the most expensive units built by international companies then you may get something bordering on acceptable, but its still bad by comparison to the other countries. And then you pay an absursd price, almost as much as the most expensive places like Singapore.

Sorry, there is no value at all in Pattaya. Property is making fools of the buyers here and making the sellers rich. There are a number of vastly wealthy foreign and Thai property developers in Pattaya, many of them having set up in property here with little or no experience. There are hoardes of foreign property agents too, each taking a big slice of the pie for themselves. My conclusion after seeing as much as I could stomach is it just isn't a good idea to buy in this market. It may look okay when brand new but it will be a purchase you will come to regret unless you manage to find some idiot to take it off your hands at a small profit. There are lots of idiots in Pattaya I suppose.

The quality of Construction is quite good in Park Lane by Thai standards .PVC windows and balcony doors .Western standard kitchen and toilet/shower room .Go ahead and buy in Singapore if you prefer and pay 10 times the price . :D

hmmmm....if it was a 10th of Singapore prices I wouldn't mind so much, but its a lot more than that which is really my point....it should be a 10th but it isn't...