My New White Isuzu Mu7 Choize

dagling

My new white Isuzu MU7 Choize (top model) year 2012, will be delivered to me tomorrow;-)

Ordered white color and with a nice black interior. Sold my 2009 Toyota Hilux Vigo 4x4 (top model) and a replacement of the same model from Toyota, but after that deadline passed out when I could get this over 2 weeks, I went sick.

Random as I drove past a Isuzu dealer in Roi A few days ago and saw my new MU-7.

I have always had Toyota down here in Thailand, so maybe time to try a new brand. Was surprised at how comfortable and quiet the new model of the MU-7 is.

Some thoughts on the new MU-7??

post-84957-0-33655700-1315310888_thumb.j

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess my main comment would be why buy a bigger and heavier vehicle that has a larger 3.0 litre engine that gets only 163 hp when you can get a Mistu Pajero with a smaller 2.5 litre engine with more horsepower 175 or so? Also, that vehicle is really a "bus" but I guess you got wide-open spaces up there in the boondocks.

Always have liked the exterior looks of the MU7 however, and the black leather interior is nice...but dashboard layout is rather dated.

A Moo 7, I guess it was just not your lucky day. Had you been lucky, you would have driven right by the Isuzu dealer, and avoided what has to be the biggest, ugliest piece of cr@p on the roads of Thailand. In a year, I haven't see more than one on the road, and for good reason, I think. Perhaps you have a wife and 12 kids or are a platoon leader and need to carry around 14 or more people on a regular basis. Nothing else could justify owning a bus like that. Now that you own it, good luck trying to park it. Hopefully, you'll be luckier/smarter on you next transport purchase.

A Moo 7, I guess it was just not your lucky day. Had you been lucky, you would have driven right by the Isuzu dealer, and avoided what has to be the biggest, ugliest piece of cr@p on the roads of Thailand. In a year, I haven't see more than one on the road, and for good reason, I think. Perhaps you have a wife and 12 kids or are a platoon leader and need to carry around 14 or more people on a regular basis. Nothing else could justify owning a bus like that. Now that you own it, good luck trying to park it. Hopefully, you'll be luckier/smarter on you next transport purchase.

Why is it crap? Because you don`t fancy the design? I like big cars, and Isuzu is a world leader when it comes to diesel engine.

They have also proven over many decades that makes them robust and reliable cars. Why is Isuzu as much in Thailand? Because it makes crap cars?

No, I do not have 12 kids, nor do I need to carry 14 people. What I need is a robust and spacious vehicle.

I have test driven the car, what about you? Have no problem to park a car in this size, I have both driven bus and trailer in Norway.

For my part, it has good turning radius, comfortable, good equipment and cheep in diesel to be such a big and heavy car. Good torque and manages 0 to 100 km / h in under 10 sec.

I personally like the design of my new MU-7;-)))

I don't see why someone has to justify a vehicle purchase it's his choice and money and he likes it, as for thailaw I'd say go and get stuffed.

The OP asked "Some thoughts on the new MU-7??", which I gave, honestly and objectively. Its his money and he wasted it. So it is you that should get stuffed.

Unusual choice,widely considered the worst of the suv bunch.Did you not look at the Pajero Sport? they can be found in stock in BKK. Good luck with your new truck rolleyes.gif

Why is it the worst of the SUV "bunch"? Because of it`s design?

I love the design...

post-84957-0-22793300-1315316460_thumb.j

Edited by dagling

Lol @ the chrome on the handle..

I get why some people make the handle chromed. It looks fine. But those who put the full background of the handle in chrome are just looking for status. If i saw this car on the road id think "Hmm there goes a 5'1 guy who saved 35years and sold 5 of his 6 Buddha amulets'

Pimped out correctly(including the ugly dashboard) the mu-7 imo can look extremely cool. Kind of like a weaker Escalade.

Would rather have a dmax or a nissan navara if i had to chose a boxy truck. Navara looks strong OEM and dmax can look very hot with some small and tasteful mods.

Unusual choice,widely considered the worst of the suv bunch.Did you not look at the Pajero Sport? they can be found in stock in BKK. Good luck with your new truck rolleyes.gif

I love the design...

It's a huge vehicle. You certainly ain't about to save the planet! whistling.gif

I love the design...

You certainly ain't about to save the planet! whistling.gif

Why not?

Why is it crap? Because you don`t fancy the design? I like big cars, and Isuzu is a world leader when it comes to diesel engine.

They have also proven over many decades that makes them robust and reliable cars. Why is Isuzu as much in Thailand? Because it makes crap cars?

No, I do not have 12 kids, nor do I need to carry 14 people. What I need is a robust and spacious vehicle.

I have test driven the car, what about you? Have no problem to park a car in this size, I have both driven bus and trailer in Norway.

For my part, it has good turning radius, comfortable, good equipment and cheep in diesel to be such a big and heavy car. Good torque and manages 0 to 100 km / h in under 10 sec.

I personally like the design of my new MU-7;-)))

Don't want to upset you but the MU7 has the worse credentials of all the other choices. Lots of stuff here on SUV's and what's important.

2012 model MU7, l don't know but does it still have an ancient and small front disk braking system, does it still have ancient ABS, does it have Vehicle Stability Control which others have, does it still have truck leaf springs on the rear where others have coil.

For sure it has gismo's but the stuff that matters does it have. ?.

I am a happy owner of a 3 years old MU7 Gold. Don't listen too much the critical voices. MU7 is a simple, good car, spacy, fast, powerful, cheap.

3 years and a lot of km in any kind of roads, comfortable and solid, cheap on the gas station and 7 real seats.

Congrats!

I don't see why someone has to justify a vehicle purchase it's his choice and money and he likes it, as for thailaw I'd say go and get stuffed.

The OP asked "Some thoughts on the new MU-7??", which I gave, honestly and objectively. Its his money and he wasted it. So it is you that should get stuffed.

and your recommended ride is............?

Edited by timekeeper

I don't find the Mu7 ugly but very big, must admit I never considered one.

Dagling as long as you are happy with it never mind what other thinks, its YOUR ride.

If I am not mistaken the cams are run via chain and not belt, that will give more engine noise and higher mechanical los, BUT a chain is very unlikely to brake as the belts can do with catastrophic result.

If money is no object, the best SUV available in Thailand is the BMW X5. If we are talking about vehicles in the B1 million to B1.5 million range, the best SUV is the Pajero Sport. The Moo 7 doesn't come close in any significant characteristic except interior volume -- it will hold more dog crap than a PJS. This is not an opinion or a recommendation, it is fact -- the PJS out sells every other SUV on the Thai market today, full stop. As noted above, the Moo 7 appeals to the 5'1" guy with a 1/2" pecker and a serious ego problem and something to prove -- kind of sad really. In a world that makes you feel like dung, you can get behind the wheel of a Moo 7 and feel (and act) like you are king of the road. The Fortuner has some of this also, but to a much lesser degree than the Moo 7. At least the PJS has "human" proportions. They are all boring, utilitarian people movers, and I would not recommend that anyone buy a vehicle in this "class" (actually, a group without much "class"). There are also times when a truck would come in handy, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy and own one unless you own a farm/ranch. But if you (a) must haul half of your household possessions to the 7/11 every day, (b ) own an American football franchise or (c ) must travel from Phuket to Chiang Mai three times each week, then go for the PJS, And leave the Moo 7 to those that are trying desperately to prove that they are "real men" -- put something really big between your legs, drive a MU7.....

Edited by Thailaw

If money is no object, the best SUV available in Thailand is the BMW X5. If we are talking about vehicles in the B1 million to B1.5 million range, the best SUV is the Pajero Sport. The Moo 7 doesn't come close in any significant characteristic except interior volume -- it will hold more dog crap than a PJS. This is not an opinion or a recommendation, it is fact -- the PJS out sells every other SUV on the Thai market today, full stop. As noted above, the Moo 7 appeals to the 5'1" guy with a 1/2" pecker and a serious ego problem and something to prove -- kind of sad really. In a world that makes you feel like dung, you can get behind the wheel of a Moo 7 and feel (and act) like you are king of the road. The Fortuner has some of this also, but to a much lesser degree than the Moo 7. At least the PJS has "human" proportions. They are all boring, utilitarian people movers, and I would not recommend that anyone buy a vehicle in this "class" (actually, a group without much "class"). There are also times when a truck would come in handy, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy and own one unless you own a farm/ranch. But if you (a) must haul half of your household possessions to the 7/11 every day, (b ) own an American football franchise or (c ) must travel from Phuket to Chiang Mai three times each week, then go for the PJS, And leave the Moo 7 to those that are trying desperately to prove that they are "real men" -- put something really big between your legs, drive a MU7.....

What a load of twoddle. :lol:

Mr Timekeeper.The O.P. asked for opinions not recommendations.Stop trying to start a fight, and get your hair cut.You look like a Tuna Driver. :cheesy:

i don't see you are listed as a mod, so mind your own business

i was not asking anything of you and wouldn't bother asking as i guess you are all talk and could not deliver anyway

as Thailaw is such a strong critic of the MU7 i was simply asking him what Thailaw thought would be a good ride

i was not asking the OP anything or resonding to him

the question was levelled at Thailaw as i was interested

he has now responded so i expect you will be able to stick your nose in there too.

you look like you are going fishing for tuna in your avatar

as to starting a fight, you couldn't fight off sleep..............zzzzzzzzz

Edited by timekeeper

i can't comment on the BMW as i have never driven one and frankly would much rather buy x3 Fortuners than x1 X5

however, i can say with some conviction the Fortuner is a much better SUV than the Pajero sport

having had both vehicles at the same time, it was easy to make direct comparisons between them

given a choice of which car to take each day, i would always choose the fortuner over the pajero

i have explained why i think that in another thread

however opinions are much like <deleted>, everyone has one.............

Edited by timekeeper