Pattaya Water Problem

vediovis

Water problems in pattaya are on going.. Certainly not restricted to 1 year ago only as can be seen by all the recent comments.

I agree. This last 3 days the water pressure around Soi Arunothai has been abysmal. Then when it comes back it is brown for a few seconds. This seems to happen a lot over holiday periods or shortly afterwards - as in Thurs / Fri last week with 2 days holiday and then the weekend too. Maybe they all went off to chat with Buddha (no offence Buddha) or simply on holiday and forgot to leave the tap running for the rest of us rolleyes.gif

Is that why when I am on the roof of my hotel I see all those water tanks on all the roofs?

Yes, and you'd see the same in Bangkok. As I understand it, Thai municipal water systems are not the "positive pressure" systems that we are used to in the west. Water systems here are low pressure. If a water main breaks in New York City, a geyser erupts and flings water up several feet. If a water main breaks in Thailand, you might see some gurgling at street level. Pollution can seep into a low pressure system much easier. A high pressure system would spurt water out of any crack/hole, where a low pressure system permits stuff to enter the pipe.

The Thai low pressure water mains is usually not able to get water to the second floor with enough force to, say, take a comfortable shower. That's why most Thai homes will have a water pump to force the water through the system. It's also why almost every Thai home will have a water tank. The water supply replenishes the tank at a much slower rate than the water is actually used. I recall reading about places in Pattaya in the past (still?) where they had no water supply during the daytime, only at night, so water usage during the day would gradually drain the tank, but it would slowly refill overnight.

Yeah. The low pressure back seep is a problem to be aware of for health and safety reasons. Thanks

Yes, i rented a bungalow that had no water, and when i informed the landlady of the problem,

she said "-jai yen yen" (=go <removed> yourself loser) we'll have water back in a couple of months.

I survived by going to BigC for toilet, go to the gym for shower, taking hotel rooms, etc,

and left that miserable place in a couple of weeks, never to return.

Yes, i rented a bungalow that had no water, and when i informed the landlady of the problem,

she said "-jai yen yen" (=go <removed> yourself loser) we'll have water back in a couple of months.

I survived by going to BigC for toilet, go to the gym for shower, taking hotel rooms, etc,

and left that miserable place in a couple of weeks, never to return.

ohh f$ck that nonsense...

Let that be a lesson to all, before paying any rent for short or long stay, turn on the water and see if you have pressure.

Edited by Jayman