Truemove H Vs Ais 3G

Sarathi

I signed up for AIS 3G last week, and it is not bad. Around center of town can get fairly decent web browsing most of the time, though on Suk 22 last week, it was taking 3-5 minutes to load each page. So forget a YouTube ... very hit and miss, but better than the 2G.

AIS package is 30 hours/month unlimited for 150 baht.

Then I got TrueMove H - the new blazing True 3g system started last week. Can't make a standing order to pay via the bank yet .... and took 20 hours for the sim to become active.

But speeds are pretty impressive. Youtubes come in at a pretty decent speed (which is my main test). Web browsing rivals my land line at home. Even gets 3G out on the Thonburi side of the river, and all the way up to Wang Noi (close to Ayuddhaya) - That's way beyond AIS, with speeds 5 o 10 times as fast.

Package is also 150 baht for 30 hours unlimited per month. http://www.truemove-h.com/freetosurf.aspx

I believe that if you are travelling up country, AIS is still the best bet, as its nationwide coverage is superior to TRUE (I have not tested this). But can say for definite that around Bangkok, in September 2011, True Move H blazes.

Hope that is of help to some of you :)

For Truemove H can you share...

1.) Where did you to sign up for the service?

2.) What documentation did they ask for?

3.) What is the length of your contract?

4.) What credit checks do they perform, if any?

5.) What are the monthly payment options? Do they send you a paper bill and then you pay it?

6.) Why did you choose that plan? I assume you can make voice calls? Send SMSes? Those are 1.25 baht per min/SMS? And those charges get added to your bill?

7.) How are the SMS, MMS, 2G, voice services? How about when you roam? Do you roam onto the legacy Truemove network?

I'd like to get an opinion on 3G services from DTAC as well. I don't want to sign up for any service, just pay as you go. Which is the best. I have true now, and 3G doesn't work well at all. Can someone reccomend the best pay as you go service, because I don't want to use True if their service plain doesn't work. Thanks.

I'd like to get an opinion on 3G services from DTAC as well. I don't want to sign up for any service, just pay as you go. Which is the best. I have true now, and 3G doesn't work well at all. Can someone reccomend the best pay as you go service, because I don't want to use True if their service plain doesn't work. Thanks.

We have longish threads on AIS, DTAC and Truemove H 3G services, which have a decent amount of "user experiences". Maybe have a read through those? Basically people either like or dislike 3G service from any provider.

In a nut-shell...

TOT/MVNO 2100 Mhz, metro-Bangkok, generally good for data-only. Limited roaming functionality.

AIS/3G - Decent, but not ubiquitous coverage on 900 Mhz in metro-Bangkok. Coverage in many other locales in Thailand. Good packages, some complaints about speeds. Service perhaps too new to fully evaluate?

DTAC/Happy - 850 Mhz coverage in metro-Bangkok on 400 ~ 600 base stations. Good packages, generally favorable performance reviews. National roll-out in question.

Truemove - 850 Mhz in metro-Bangkok and select other locales (incl. Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya). Service has been in place for several years, ~ 200,000 subs. Recent issues with low upload speeds, perhaps an effort to push customers to H?

Truemove H - New 850 Mhz post-paid only service on 3,000 base-stations in metro-Bangkok and 16 provinces. Service launched ~ 10 days ago so too early to evaluate.

I signed up in Bang Kae (thonburi) but any TRUE shop should do it

I'm a special case :) but you'll need passport and a Work Permit, or else someone with a Thai citizen card

150 baht a month, pay in advance. No contract. I got the sim for 49 baht, and if I don't pay it just disconnects. 30 free hours with the sim.

none, as it is pay-in-advance

5.) What are the monthly payment options? Do they send you a paper bill and then you pay it?

They send the monthly bill via snail mail, and you pay in a 7-11. But you can also go to a TRUE shop and deposit money in your account, say 900 baht, which will last you 6 months. Note: they will tell you that you cannot pay in advance of the following month, and this is true, however you can leave money in the account, and it gets automatically deducted. Cannot pay by standing order at the bank yet (expected to be able to do this in a few months). AIS was exactly the same - I put 700 baht in the account and they just deduct each month. Sign-up was very painless.

6.) Why did you choose that plan? I assume you can make voice calls? Send SMSes? Those are 1.25 baht per min/SMS? And those charges get added to your bill?

They told me I can make calls etc.. but I use it purely for internet with various computers, so can't help you on the phone/sms etc..

7.) How are the SMS, MMS, 2G, voice services? How about when you roam? Do you roam onto the legacy Truemove network?

I have only been around Bangkok. But got to say AIS 3G is very hit and miss if you can connect, and over the river forget it. TRUE Move H (note the 'H' as this is not to be confused with TRUE move vanilla) I noted that near Ayuddhaya sometimes the 3G dropped down to 2G which seemed ok for simple browsing.

• Like 1

Should say, still very happy. Speeds excellent every time I connect. Right now it kicks AIS butt, and I have been connecting all over town, including Thonburi and north of Nonthaburi.

As mentioned however, I'd guess it is not so good if you are upcountry outside of Bkk, CM, Pattaya. But that does not affect me personally. I'm hanging on to my AIS for the time being.

I would expect AIS and DTAC to catch up and all these services to leapfrog each other over the next year.

I'm a special case :) but you'll need passport and a Work Permit, or else someone with a Thai citizen card

150 baht a month, pay in advance. No contract. I got the sim for 49 baht, and if I don't pay it just disconnects. 30 free hours with the sim.

They send the monthly bill via snail mail, and you pay in a 7-11. But you can also go to a TRUE shop and deposit money in your account, say 900 baht, which will last you 6 months. Note: they will tell you that you cannot pay in advance of the following month, and this is true, however you can leave money in the account, and it gets automatically deducted. Cannot pay by standing order at the bank yet (expected to be able to do this in a few months). AIS was exactly the same - I put 700 baht in the account and they just deduct each month. Sign-up was very painless.

They told me I can make calls etc.. but I use it purely for internet with various computers, so can't help you on the phone/sms etc..

I have only been around Bangkok. But got to say AIS 3G is very hit and miss if you can connect, and over the river forget it. TRUE Move H (note the 'H' as this is not to be confused with TRUE move vanilla) I noted that near Ayuddhaya sometimes the 3G dropped down to 2G which seemed ok for simple browsing.

This seems unusual? Truemove H is supposedly post-paid, contract only at present. But you didn't sign a contract? Nearly everything you describe is like a pre-paid plan. Paying 49 baht for a post-paid SIM seems weird too? I am definitely confused.

You might be right.

There was a contract form - but the reason I said no contract is that there is no clause to sign up for 12 months or any period of time. Did I say it is post paid?? If I did, I meant pre-paid. Definitely pay in advance.

I get 30 free hours with the SIM that I am using. Then I get a letter (not exactly a bill), which I use to deposit 150 baht into the account via a 7-11. The contract has fields for : name, id card/WP/other, marital status, working/student/retired/govt worker, Juristic person, credit card details , address. It also says Net 150/30 hrs/month. And the phone number. There is no 'length of contract' field.

This seems unusual? Truemove H is supposedly post-paid, contract only at present. But you didn't sign a contract? Nearly everything you describe is like a pre-paid plan. Paying 49 baht for a post-paid SIM seems weird too? I am definitely confused.

I would like to know if True H can roam into True 2G network in all over Thailand. I use True Move 599 baht smart phone plan and I can switch to True H if it is any better.

I cannot answer your question definitively; I have been researching this question, and

- as a Truemove H customer do I roam onto Truemove's voice network? (I think, YES)

- as a TRuemove H customer can I originate/receive SMSes/MMSes if roaming? (I think, YES)

however I do believe the answer to your question has got to be YES. Truemove H would be essentially worthless if it doesn't offer a national service, and this would be a step back from the existing service which Truemove offers.

So much for Truemove and Truemove H being separate "entities". It seems like there would have been a back-office solution to track CAT "royalites", but instead they come up with this confusing bifurcation?

It looks like you can sign up for Truemove H in Truemove retail shops, again totally confusing for customers.

Edited by lomatopo

1.) <snip>

3.) <snip rest of questions and answers>

Regarding the question #2 above, I signed up tonight for TrueMove-H at the True shop on second floor of MBK. I choose the "Smart 899" unlimited 3G and unlimited WiFi package ("Unlimited 3G" drops to 384kbps after using 2 Gigabytes of data during a month. Supposedly this equates to an average usage of 300 web pages per day.)

I am retired and the only thing I needed in order to sign up was my Thai drivers license. No work permit or Thai citizen card needed at that shop (at least not tonight).

And as was already mentioned, the "Mobile Activation Contract Application Form" I signed doesn't have anything about the term of the contract on it.

Edited by mojaco

I have the standard unlimited data plan from the iPhone at 599 baht

I just checked the speed here sitting at my house in downtown Chiang Mai and I get the 4.2mb speed!

Do I need to do anything special to get TrueMove H speeds? I have the 599 plan as well - it seems to have recovered a bit from last month's slowness, but it's generally nothing to write home about still. I'll get about 0.5Mbit on watching YouTube which is too slow.

Just did a speed test now (5:30 am at my house near the city) and got 5M/3M down/up - would be amazing if that was sustained in normal daytime use. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near as fast when I am at Nimman where there's presumably quite a bit of 3G traffic during the day. AIS 3G is way faster, both in tests and feel - that may be because nobody's using it yet though.

I have the standard unlimited data plan from the iPhone at 599 baht

I just checked the speed here sitting at my house in downtown Chiang Mai and I get the 4.2mb speed!

Do I need to do anything special to get TrueMove H speeds? I have the 599 plan as well - it seems to have recovered a bit from last month's slowness, but it's generally nothing to write home about still. I'll get about 0.5Mbit on watching YouTube which is too slow.

Just did a speed test now (5:30 am at my house near the city) and got 5M/3M down/up - would be amazing if that was sustained in normal daytime use. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near as fast when I am at Nimman where there's presumably quite a bit of 3G traffic during the day. AIS 3G is way faster, both in tests and feel - that may be because nobody's using it yet though.

You should probably wait until you are forced to transition to Truemove H. Your current "iPhone Free Size" plan is better than the comparable Truemove H iPhone Free Size plan. Perhaps the only benefit might be more coverage with Truemove H? Maybe best to wait for others to scope out coverage? Your performance in locales where you've had Truemove 3G would remain unchanged if you were a Truemove H customer as you'd be using the same infrastructure. AFAIK, Truemove H customers do not receive a higher class of service, although it is easy to imagine Truemove, in their haste to get everyone to move to H, might well, I won't go there. ;)

1.) <snip>

Regarding the question #2 above, I signed up tonight for TrueMove-H at the True shop on second floor of MBK. I choose the "Smart 899" unlimited 3G and unlimited WiFi package ("Unlimited 3G" drops to 384kbps after using 2 Gigabytes of data during a month. Supposedly this equates to an average usage of 300 web pages per day.)

I am retired and the only thing I needed in order to sign up was my Thai drivers license. No work permit or Thai citizen card needed at that shop (at least not tonight).

And as was already mentioned, the "Mobile Activation Contract Application Form" I signed doesn't have anything about the term of the contract on it.

What make/model phone do you have?

That's a pretty good plan, with a decent mix of voice/text/data...500 minutes/300 SMSes/50 MMSes.

I am curious how they handled payment? Did you have to pay up front? And how do they handle "overages", when you exceed your plan minutes for example, do they just trust you to pay?

1.) <snip>

What make/model phone do you have?

That's a pretty good plan, with a decent mix of voice/text/data...500 minutes/300 SMSes/50 MMSes.

I am curious how they handled payment? Did you have to pay up front? And how do they handle "overages", when you exceed your plan minutes for example, do they just trust you to pay?

I have a four year old HTC 8525 (Cingular 8525) bought in the USA. I had to go to the Truemove main shop on Siam Square soi 2 to have them set up the phone. At first they said "cannot do it with this phone". But when I insisted that it has the ability to use their frequency the man at station #2 in the shop managed to get it set up and working. It was just that the phone is "strange" to them as it is not on their "approved" list. I got 1.5meg download speed last night. Seems slower this morning. But much better than Edge speeds.

Payment? I couldn't get them to take any payment up front so apparently there is a bill coming to the address I gave on the signup form. I checked with *9000 and it appears the service will expire on September 27, so that would mean they are only trusting me for 10 days and then the service will expire if I don't pay.

I also would like to have internet billing and payment but haven't found out how to do that yet with Truemove-h service. If anyone knows how to do that please let me know?

I have a four year old HTC 8525 (Cingular 8525) bought in the USA.

Wow! That phone does indeed support 850 Mhz 3G (thanks Cingular, now AT&T). I suspect the combination of the older HW and FW may be limiting your speeds. Maybe it's time for a new phone?

If you have internet banking here you may be able to pay the Truemove H bill on-line. Or possibly at an ATM? Or 7/11.

It just amazes me that they extend credit to anyone, with little supporting documentation, or a credit check? Maybe they're desperate, or perhaps in-store employees are spiffed on new adds, to hit those subscriber figures they've pretty much publicly guaranteed? Worry about the collections issues later I guess?

I have a four year old HTC 8525 (Cingular 8525) bought in the USA.

Wow! That phone does indeed support 850 Mhz 3G (thanks Cingular, now AT&T). I suspect the combination of the older HW and FW may be limiting your speeds. Maybe it's time for a new phone?

If you have internet banking here you may be able to pay the Truemove H bill on-line. Or possibly at an ATM? Or 7/11.

It just amazes me that they extend credit to anyone, with little supporting documentation, or a credit check? Maybe they're desperate, or perhaps in-store employees are spiffed on new adds, to hit those subscriber figures they've pretty much publicly guaranteed? Worry about the collections issues later I guess?

I have been waiting for a good excuse to dump a perfectly good phone and upgrade to one of the new ones . . . maybe 3G in Thailand is a good enough reason. But now? iPhone? Android? Other? How to guess whether it is time to buy or to wait a bit and see which system turns out to be best?

Any outlet

Only post paid now - pre-paid not sure when. I got / PR WP, so easy

1 yr

Non that i really saw

Check on TMV-H web - about 400- 800 baht ++ if u call alot depending on what u want

yeh, you get flat package, and then pay as u use more. I dont really call alot, so dont care too much, was more interested in the data part

works as normal. Yes, roam to legacy True network. True move - H (3G) > True Move (3G)( original Trial network ) > True Move (2G)

Answers as per above.

Speed sample below using True Move H. Last Friday night I got 14 MB Download.........

If your looking for 2G, yes, AIS has the most coverage. For 3G, True has far more network, and is deeper into the optimization than others ( its one thing to turn on the signal (which you will see "3G"), but to make sure the network works properly is the time consuming part ).

post-25605-0-32271400-1316260469_thumb.j

If your looking for 2G, yes, AIS has the most coverage. For 3G, True has far more network, and is deeper into the optimization than others ( its one thing to turn on the signal (which you will see "3G"), but to make sure the network works properly is the time consuming part ).

post-25605-0-32271400-1316260469_thumb.j

Truemove H literally just turned up this new network, after DTAC and AIS, so I'm not sure I understand how they could be "deeper into the optimization"? And isn't CAT installing and managing this network? A lot of people are complaining about the "old" Truemove 3G network, really low upload speeds (sub 100 Kbps) so maybe not so "optimized"? Or maybe optimized to move people to H?

What type of phone do you have? Where did you take that speedtest? I wonder if Truemove can differentiate service for legacy and H customers? There are a fair amount of double-digit Treumove H speedtest results posted in various Thai forums, the highest I saw was 13.960 Mbps down so the service looks interesting. And coverage, according to the maps, looks very comprehensive in Metro-Bangkok.

Edited by lomatopo

Truemove H literally just turned up this new network, after DTAC and AIS, so I'm not sure I understand how they could be "deeper into the optimization"? And isn't CAT installing and managing this network? A lot of people are complaining about the "old" Truemove 3G network, really low upload speeds (sub 100 Kbps) so maybe not so "optimized"? Or maybe optimized to move people to H?

What type of phone do you have? Where did you take that speedtest? I wonder if Truemove can differentiate service for legacy and H customers? There are a fair amount of double-digit Treumove H speedtest results posted in various Thai forums, the highest I saw was 13.960 Mbps down so the service looks interesting. And coverage, according to the maps, looks very comprehensive in Metro-Bangkok.

Did not just "turn up", its been under construction and usable for about 2 months (soft launch), the event your talking about is the official launch which was a few weeks back. Research analysts reports, they have about 4 to 5x more cell sites in BKK ( yes, a moving target ) than DTAC, and AIS has even less than that. I think True has about 2500, DTAC about 600 in BKK AIS launched their "Nationwide 3G" service based on about 100 ( or a few hundred ) sites. True is building their own network, and is a reseller of capacity to CAT ( i doubt anyone in his right mind would let CAT take control of installation / operation of a key asset )

Phone(s) - iPhone 3GS (calls),which is limited, have a Samsung Galaxy SII as a loner (testing) which screams (but still love my iphone as have all my apps), but most of my data ( and posted tests ) is based on the ZTE dongle / Aircard i bought in the outlet which has 21MB capacity.

So far the best ever was 14MB (worst 4 ), but would say i am constantly getting 8 MB Download, and 2 MB Upload

Did not just "turn up", its been under construction and usable for about 2 months (soft launch), the event your talking about is the official launch which was a few weeks back. Research analysts reports, they have about 4 to 5x more cell sites in BKK ( yes, a moving target ) than DTAC, and AIS has even less than that. I think True has about 2500, DTAC about 600 in BKK AIS launched their "Nationwide 3G" service based on about 100 ( or a few hundred ) sites. True is building their own network, and is a reseller of capacity to CAT ( i doubt anyone in his right mind would let CAT take control of installation / operation of a key asset )

Phone(s) - iPhone 3GS (calls),which is limited, have a Samsung Galaxy SII as a loner (testing) which screams (but still love my iphone as have all my apps), but most of my data ( and posted tests ) is based on the ZTE dongle / Aircard i bought in the outlet which has 21MB capacity.

So far the best ever was 14MB (worst 4 ), but would say i am constantly getting 8 MB Download, and 2 MB Upload

p.s. the old network is trial, which has legal limitations. Its only a matter of time that the service gets migrated i believe. DTAC is on trial license ( and possibly breaking the law now ).... but with Yingluk pushing the NBTC fast, maybe there will be full 3G licenses soon.

I was definitely confused by the Truemove H - CAT relationship. And it seems like, with five separate contracts, that was the intent.

I assumed, from the "org" chart Truemove shared at an analysts' briefing, that CAT installed/operated the network and leased capacity to BFKT. It seems much more convoluted than that.

Quote:

The main contract in contention is one regarding infrastructure. Cat is the one who has to provide the sites and masts then True (BFKT) will install equipment on those masts. CAT will rent the network back from True (BFKT) to resell it to True (RealMove) via an MVNO agreement.

Think tank TDRI exposes True-Cat deal irregularities

BY DON SAMBANDARAKSA – MAY 2, 2011

POSTED IN: PUBLIC POLICY, TELECOMMUNICATIONS

A respected think tank has gone public with details of the irregularities of the CAT – TrueMove 3G deal, from anonymous scribbled signatures on the contract to claims that investigations into the contract were scuppered by senior civil servants. Dr Somkiat Tangkitvanich, vice-president of the Thailand Development and Research Institute (TDRI) said that the agreement between TrueMove and Cat has been sliced into five separate contracts to circumvent the scrutiny of the Public-Private Joint Investment Act, which state enterprise Cat Telecom must abide by, and that a complex ownership web had been set up to avoid safeguards in the Frequency Allocation Act.

The main contract was signed with four signatures on True’s side. Two of those were by TrueMove CEO Supachai Chearavanont and True Corporation vice-chairman Atheuck Asavanont. However two more signatures were just unidentifiable scribbles with no name attached to them, something which is incredulous for such a major contract.

The contracts themselves are sliced into five separate contracts each with addenda. All the contracts and their annexes were signed and dated on the 27th of January. Normally addenda are signed at a later date when details left pending from the main contract are agreed on, otherwise there is no need for an annex to the contract. The date was significant as True had to get an agreement with Cat by then in order to meet its stock exchange filing obligations. The representative from the National Economic and Social Development Board on Cat’s board of directors, Arkom Piriyaprasit, resigned in protest days before the contract was signed.

more

Based on this quote (31 Aug. 2011) it is apparent that Truemove H does indeed have the largest current 3G deployment:

Supachai claimed that Real Move now had the largest 3G network coverage, totalling 3,000 base stations, of which 1,700 are in Bangkok and the rest in 16 major provinces. Its network will be expanded to cover 70 per cent of the population in the first quarter of next year before rising to 97 per cent by the end of 2012.

Supachai said that next year Real Move's coverage would be larger than that of AIS's 2G network. AIS is currently the largest cellular operator. CAT will establish 5,326 3G base stations this year to wholesale its 3G capacity to Real Move and other interested firms. Real Move has about 100,000 subscribers, who each generate average revenue of Bt700 a month. It is currently for post-paid service only. It expects to launch prepaid service late this year. It targets 1 million subscribers this year and plans to spend Bt200 million on a marketing campaign. Supachai said that about 400,000 existing 3G users of TrueMove were expected to switch to Real Move soon. About 800,000 subscribers of Real Move's subsidiary Hutchison-CAT Wireless Multimedia are expected to move to use Real Move service next year; 50,000 have already migrated to Real Move.

So with only ~ 100,000 subs on 3,000 base stations nationally, and maybe 50,000 on Bangkok's 1,700 base-stations, I'd say that was a pretty easy optimization. ;)

Truemove H does look like the lead pony, now. I'm leaning towards switching to Truemove H but really want to hear more first-hand reports, especially re: voice/text and 2G data roaming.

post-9615-0-91015000-1316310766_thumb.jp

Quote:

The main contract in contention is one regarding infrastructure. Cat is the one who has to provide the sites and masts then True (BFKT) will install equipment on those masts. CAT will rent the network back from True (BFKT) to resell it to True (RealMove) via an MVNO agreement.

Your quite right, but the complexity comes from the complexity of the law. The arrangements are in accordance with the law, which was concluded during the DTAC suit recently. As for the "respected" Dr., having been in this country for ages, I find it really hard to believe he is fighting for the "interest of the public". He would be a very rare breed requiring immediate cloning.

All of that is a side show..... if True and CAT did not make an agreement, Thailand would still be chasing its tail with regards to 3G. As we have seen, AIS and DTAC now too are pushing 3G in spite of the Govt ( both of them possibly in breach of the law ?? - confused how they can move ahead )

So the real story is the bureaucrats tried to hold 3G back "for the benefit of the nation" ( seems a selected few are defined as "the nation"), and are now chasing their tail seeing how they can put them self in the driving seat again.

The cat is out of the bag ( pun intended ), the horses have bolted the corral, and as such there is no holding 3G back anymore.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just purchased truemove aircard. It came with 1gb free 3g data, but since Im probably going to need much more since I am working (+ torrents) at internet Im going to need a lot more data. Couldnt find from trues website if they have unlimited data package? If so, how much that costs?

Just purchased truemove aircard. It came with 1gb free 3g data, but since Im probably going to need much more since I am working (+ torrents) at internet Im going to need a lot more data. Couldnt find from trues website if they have unlimited data package? If so, how much that costs?

http://www.truemove-...ay-topping.aspx

The 10 GB "unlimited" (speed drops to 384 Kbps above 10 GB) package is 1,699 (before VAT).

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

Quote:

Your quite right, but the complexity comes from the complexity of the law. The arrangements are in accordance with the law, which was concluded during the DTAC suit recently. As for the "respected" Dr., having been in this country for ages, I find it really hard to believe he is fighting for the "interest of the public". He would be a very rare breed requiring immediate cloning.

All of that is a side show..... if True and CAT did not make an agreement, Thailand would still be chasing its tail with regards to 3G. As we have seen, AIS and DTAC now too are pushing 3G in spite of the Govt ( both of them possibly in breach of the law ?? - confused how they can move ahead )

So the real story is the bureaucrats tried to hold 3G back "for the benefit of the nation" ( seems a selected few are defined as "the nation"), and are now chasing their tail seeing how they can put them self in the driving seat again.

The cat is out of the bag ( pun intended ), the horses have bolted the corral, and as such there is no holding 3G back anymore.........

p.s. the old network is trial, which has legal limitations. Its only a matter of time that the service gets migrated i believe. DTAC is on trial license ( and possibly breaking the law now ).... but with Yingluk pushing the NBTC fast, maybe there will be full 3G licenses soon.

You guys are doing better than me. My download tests haven't gone past 3Mb/s down, but Up speeds have been 2-3Mb/s. I am also using a device that has Max 21Mbps down and 5.76 Mb/s up. But in practice, the usage speeds have been acceptable :). I want to confirm at truemove shop in town to see if the speed should be higher. I have a feeling that the speed is being throttled in my area per user. I doubt my tower is already at capacity or anywhere near, and I am within 1Km of the tower with a very good signal.

it would seem better to buy a smartphone sim or a netsim for truemove h? I'm not sure the max validity of the smartphone sim, but the netsim has 2 months max validity which looks like it extends 60 days from the date of last use? I thought this was calculated from the last topup date, but then i started to notice that the date kept changing to 2 months past the current date I was checking my balance.

But 60 days is not a whole lot to keep a sim active. I would like 6-12 months. So since it seems like true H sim can layer on any package, a sim that has a longer validity would be better suited. Can anyone confirm how long other true H sim have for maximum SIM validity?

May I ask how much you paid for the Truemove Aircard (which model is it?) and where are you located?