Aua Pattaya

connor6063

So, im 17 and almost 18 and next summer i will be going to visit my girlfriend in Thailand next year. I also hope to improve my thai while i am there. She recomended that i go to AUA in Pattaya to learn Thai because it is where she studies english and it is reasonably close to where she lives. I can speal pretty well have conversations, read well, and write a small amount. What would you all reccomend? Or are there any better places to study thai that are near Sri Racha?

I stay in Sri Racha. There are no good places to study Thai in Sri Racha.

The courses offered here are way too expensive (up to 1000 B per hour) and are intended for the Japanese expats that live here.

There are also no really good schools in Pattaya. I think I've checked 90% of them.

The least bad schools in Pattaya are probably AUA and pro language.

If you're a beginner AUA is a good choice, but they don't offer group courses for people on a higher level and their private courses are expensive. The method AUA in Pattaya uses is very different from the method used by AUA in BKK. The AUA courses in Pattaya are a more conventional kind of Thai course, where you're expected to speak from the beginning.

If I would have to choose between AUA and pro language, I would go for pro language (because studying on a higher level is cheaper there).

I've tried several other schools in Pattaya and they were really bad: depressed, suicidal, ill or overworked teachers, teachers that had experience with all kinds of jobs expect teaching, a lousy teaching method, bad books, schools that only exist to sell student visas, and so on. Pattaya has it all....

AUA has a good reputation with Thai people because of their good and reasonably priced English courses (this might also be the reason why your girlfriend knows them).

For good Thai courses you need to go to Bangkok. I went to Bangkok every day for 6 months long, and spent 5 hours per day in the bus, only to study Thai.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Have to disagree with the last comment. Pro Language School is a VERY GOOD SCHOOL in Pattaya, and NOT too expensive. You can check them out on their website, or better still just go in when you arrive in Thailand. They will be happy to give you a FREE trial lesson.

As you can already speak and read some Thai, that will give you a great head start. They run a range of classes as different levels, and you can start a new one on your own, or join in with a group at any stage.

I have been to this school for nearly 2 years and find it GREAT. I have tried various other schools, but had some problem or other with each of them. Pro Language has been fantastic from the start. The best thing about them, for me, is the quality of the teachers. They are all properly educated and qualified to teach, have been there a number of years, and are friendly and confident.

Really some of the other schools were awful in that respect. Also Pro Language they have good teaching material and the courses are very organised and well though out. Each lesson follows and builds from the previous one. The books they provide your with are also very good.

Please don't let people put you off going to a school when you get here. You will be surprised how a good school will improve your Thai speaking, and reading very very quickly. I was!

Hope I have helped you a bit. Have a great time in Thailand and enjoy your stay.

All the best.