Free Ipod Nano

sabaijai

Every instinct tells me scam. Where are the credible websites backing them up? Anyone can make a website saying anything. I'd be very suspicious.

cv

Read to the bottom of the first linked page:

Free iPods: A Fruitless Search?

Columbia Spectator, Dec 13, 2004.

Comment, pointed out in this article: make CERTAIN you are signing up at freeiPods.com. There are mimics out there that are not FreePay sites.

Free iPod Offer Legitimate

Macnewsworld.com, Dec 12, 2004

Website lures students looking for freebies

Duke Chronicle, Nov 24, 2004

Free iPods from FreeiPods.com? Engadget gets the scoop

Engadget.com. This article is from the summer of 2004, when the freeiPods.com program was still new. The article is skeptical. BUT, scroll past the article and into the discussion afterward. After a few skeptical responses, lots of folks start chiming in with "Hey, it worked!"

The Free iPod Offer, and Why It Isn't a Scam

Jaybees.net, July 26, 2004

Here is a great analysis of the business model, and why it works (and why it may not work forever.)

And there's plenty more to be found in a Google search.

... altho i'm not interested in going through the hoops myself. originally i thought it might be something i could use in my work, as one of my clients wants me to do podcasts and for that i need an iPod or similar.

I can tell you for certain that the link in the original post is a scam.

The other site mentioned later, freeipods.com, has been around for over a year, there is plenty of evidence to indicate that that is not a scam. There are still a number of people willing to go on record saying even that one is a complete scam, but they're uninformed idiots. It's NOT a scam. Still, the fact that some people think it may be a scam actually works to the benfit of that company, because most people are unable to complete the requirements, thus they don't actually send a free ipod to everyone who signs up.

Bare in mind that unless you are located in the US or UK you are outta luck, no free ipods for you!! They face very strict demographic requirements from their advertisers which forces them to be relatively localized.

BTW, my company operates an incentive-based marketing website similar to freeipods.com, focusing on Asia only, offering a number of free hi-so premiums including the ipod nano. Thailand is one of our target markets, if things all go to plan; we're doing our market research and talking to sales agents right at the moment.

I can tell you for certain that the link in the original post is a scam.

The other site mentioned later, freeipods.com, has been around for over a year, there is plenty of evidence to indicate that that is not a scam. There are still a number of people willing to go on record saying even that one is a complete scam, but they're uninformed idiots. It's NOT a scam. Still, the fact that some people think it may be a scam actually works to the benfit of that company, because most people are unable to complete the requirements, thus they don't actually send a free ipod to everyone who signs up.

Bare in mind that unless you are located in the US or UK you are outta luck, no free ipods for you!! They face very strict demographic requirements from their advertisers which forces them to be relatively localized.

BTW, my company operates an incentive-based marketing website similar to freeipods.com, focusing on Asia only, offering a number of free hi-so premiums including the ipod nano. Thailand is one of our target markets, if things all go to plan; we're doing our market research and talking to sales agents right at the moment.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought after doing some research, that it's not a scam (the original anyway), although at first I wondered.

This site might be a scam but the idea itself is not a scam, I received mine last week, although from a different site. Same principle - refer a few people who sign up for promotions, advertisers pay the site who in turn ship the product.

They don't yet offer in to Brits but if you are a US citizen you can also get a free Vaio laptop this way. Lucky Americans.

Edited by OxfordWill