List Of Countries With Easy Visa For Thai Citizens

I found this extensive list rather surprising. It broadens travel options without red tape for Thai partners substantially. (Subject to verification )

The countries or regions that grant visa-free or visa-on-arrival to personal Thailand passport holders are:

• 90 days for all passport type.
    • Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Chile
    • Haiti
    • Panama (Visa on arrival at 5 USD maximum stay of 90 days)
    • Peru
    • Bermuda (Maximum stay of 6 months)
    • South Korea
    • Andorra
    • Switzerland (For a traveller with valid Schengen visa only)
    • Ethiopia (on arrival for a maximum stay of 3 months)
    • Kenya (Visa on arrival maximum stay of 3 months)
    • Madagascar (Visa on arrival at 28,000 MGA)
    • Fiji (Maximum stay 120 days)
    • Solomon Islands ("Visitors Permit" required, which can be obtained on arrival for a maximum stay of 3 months)

[*]60 days for all passport type.[*]

• Nepal (Visa on arrival at 30 USD)
    • Samoa (Visa on arrival

[*]30 days for all passport type.

• Armenia (on arrival)
    • Cambodia (Visa on arrival - tourist for $20, business for $25)
    • East Timor (Visa on arrival - $30)
    • Hong Kong
    • Indonesia
    • Laos
    • Macau
    • Malaysia
    • Maldives
    • Oman (Visa on arrival - 20 Omani rial)
    • Philippines
    • Russia
      • Transnistria
      • Abkhazia
      • South Ossetia

[*]Saint Vincent and the Grenadines[*]Burkina Faso (on arrival)[*]Singapore[*]South Africa[*]Sri Lanka[*]Vietnam[*]Vanuatu (Extension of stay up to 4 months in any 1 year period possible)[*]Tuvalu (on arrival for a stay of max. one month)[*]Tonga (on arrival)[*]Rwanda (on arrival provided passenger has applied for a visa through the website www.migration.gov.rw)[*]Uganda[*]Zambia[*]Burundi[*]Cape Verde (on arrival)[*]Comoros[*]Djibouti[*]Mozambique[*]Seychelles free for 1 month[*]Tanzania[*]Togo on arrival for max. 7[*]Azerbaijan[*]Georgia[*]Tajikistan (on arrival)[*]Dominica for stay of max. 21 days.[*]Micronesia[*]Niue[*]Palau Islands on arrival for a stay of max. 30 days (extension possible).[*]Marshall Islands (on arrival)[*]Mongolia

[*]15 days for all passport type.

• Bangladesh (Visa on arrival - $50, available at Zia Airport; diplomatic and official passport for 30-day visa-free)

[*]14 days for all passport type.

• Brunei
    • Bahrain (Visa on arrival cost 5 Bahraini dinar)

[*]Others

• Iran (1 week Visa on arrival)
    • Jordan (Visa on arrival cost 10 Jordanian dinar)
    • Maldives (Visa on arrival - 30 days)
    • Papua New Guinea (Visa on arrival cost 100 PGK)
    • Syria (Visa on arrival - payment)
    • Togo (Visa on arrival - 7 days)

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_countries_can_Thai_citizens_go_to_without_a_Visa#ixzz1XKU1Hhba

Because a country offers " visa free " or visa on arrival " does not mean that a Thai national will be admitted. The Thai national will still have to qualify for entry, and in many case will have to convince the immigration officer that the purpose of their visit is genuine. Imagine flying to Argentina, for instance, to be told that Argentine immigration is not happy with you, and having to fly all the way back. I personally know of several cases where Thai nationals have been refused entry to Singapore as the authorities believed that they were going there to work. I also know of several Thai ladies who were denied entry to Bahrain for similar reasons.

Your list is not completely accurate. For instance, Switzerland is not " visa free", nor can a Thai national obtain a visa on arrival. A Thai national requires a Schengen visa to enter Switzerland ( or the Schengen area). That said, a lot of the countries on the list will admit a Thai national either visa-free or visa-on-arrival, but they are not necessaarily countries that you might want to visit !

Because a country offers " visa free " or visa on arrival " does not mean that a Thai national will be admitted. The Thai national will still have to qualify for entry, and in many case will have to convince the immigration officer that the purpose of their visit is genuine. Imagine flying to Argentina, for instance, to be told that Argentine immigration is not happy with you, and having to fly all the way back. I personally know of several cases where Thai nationals have been refused entry to Singapore as the authorities believed that they were going there to work. I also know of several Thai ladies who were denied entry to Bahrain for similar reasons.

Your list is not completely accurate. For instance, Switzerland is not " visa free", nor can a Thai national obtain a visa on arrival. A Thai national requires a Schengen visa to enter Switzerland ( or the Schengen area). That said, a lot of the countries on the list will admit a Thai national either visa-free or visa-on-arrival, but they are not necessaarily countries that you might want to visit !

I'm afraid your reply will cause Thais to feel second class travelers, exactly the converse of my intend. I assume that 99,8% of all Thais, if they have the interest to see the world and the money would travel for genuine reasons.

I said subject to verification, look at the source at the end of my post.

At least it gives a good idea how freely a Thai citizen can travel, much wider than I thought.

The list made me , the farang feel better because I can travel much more freely with my GF.

Mind you, even if a valid visa has been issued for Schengen (EU) immigration officers

often check immigrants at the door of the plane, i.e. that person is still on territory of that flag carrier not on European soil. That officer has the right to deny entrance to the country if something is fishy. I guess the same is true for almost any country, anyone has to pass the eye validity regardless of the passport.

Correction for Switzerland is correct.

Last year i went to kos, i was just waved passed passport control, didn't even show my passport, made me think about People who's partners was on settlement Visa's, I know that People on settlement visa's are not allowed to go into Europe, but maybe some people take a Chance, I guess it would be a bigger problem coming back into the UK trying to explain to UKBA that you have just nipped over to kos for a week in the sun. dry.gif

Last year i went to kos, i was just waved passed passport control, didn't even show my passport, made me think about People who's partners was on settlement Visa's, I know that People on settlement visa's are not allowed to go into Europe, but maybe some people take a Chance, I guess it would be a bigger problem coming back into the UK trying to explain to UKBA that you have just nipped over to kos for a week in the sun.

If you were "Asian looking" maybe your passport would have been checked, but don't forget that the Greek officer would have been aware that the airline would/should have checked that you were compliant before you had been allowed to board the flight.

Last year i went to kos, i was just waved passed passport control, didn't even show my passport

Kept your passport hidden, or had it visible but didn't open it?

Maybe the passport officer would have stopped you had s/he seen that you were carrying a non EU passport.

I know that People on settlement visa's are not allowed to go into Europe

People living in the UK with a UK settlement visa are allowed to go to Europe, or anywhere else they fancy. They just need to get any required visa first!