Brown But Not Smelly Tap Water 1Km S Of South Canal

aeolion

If from a well could have rust bacteria search for Search " Shock well " and I think you'll find what you need.

Seems like its probably it. Would have liked a little forewarning, but I guess our learning Thai might help us stay in the loop.

Thanks

When we lived south of the city, in Chiang Mai Grand View village, next to the airport where Lanna International school is, we had the brown water coming at least once every other month. It always followed maintenance work to water pipes in the village which would regularly break. After going without running water from anywhere between 1 and 3 days, it would come back on looking like what you describe.

It just means soil has entered the pipes and needs to be flushed out. Horrible though, we moved out partly because of this.

When we lived south of the city, in Chiang Mai Grand View village, next to the airport where Lanna International school is, we had the brown water coming at least once every other month. It always followed maintenance work to water pipes in the village which would regularly break. After going without running water from anywhere between 1 and 3 days, it would come back on looking like what you describe.

It just means soil has entered the pipes and needs to be flushed out. Horrible though, we moved out partly because of this.

After replying to the post suggesting that it is well shock in operation if we are on a well, I came to my senses and realized we are on city water. We have lived here for a year and this is the first time for brown water. I guess maintenance somewhere up the line is probably the cause.

Thanks, aeolion

Get it all the time during rainy season in my apt bldg near CMU.

It's obviously city water that has been messed up. To use a colloquial American phrase.

Usually disappears in a day or so. No reason to move to a new locale.

Had I done so in the past every time this occurred, I would have moved to a new place about 10 times a year.....:yohan: