Sad Dinner-Table Stories From Strangers

Darrel

I have a friend in Australia whos TGF has 3 blokes on the go, I have warned him my wife has warned him but he keeps up the belief that she will go for him.

My wife seems to think that she has put a spell on him or some sort of black magic.

I dont I think that she is just a using bitch that will take every thing and run.

I hope for my friends sake that he will see the light.

Congratulations to the gal. She has her priorities straight. She's probably good at what she does and earns her money. I see nothing wrong with payment for good service. If you hired some bloke to build you a new fence and he did a good job at a reasonable price would you begrudge him the money?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a friend in Australia whos TGF has 3 blokes on the go, I have warned him my wife has warned him but he keeps up the belief that she will go for him.

My wife seems to think that she has put a spell on him or some sort of black magic.

I dont I think that she is just a using bitch that will take every thing and run.

I hope for my friends sake that he will see the light.

Congratulations to the gal. She has her priorities straight. She's probably good at what she does and earns her money. I see nothing wrong with payment for good service. If you hired some bloke to build you a new fence and he did a good job at a reasonable price would you begrudge him the money?

More to the point, are you willing to pay your builder or your lawyer to sit on his arse twiddling his thumbs waiting for you to come up with more work for him?

Think of the savings the Australian chap is getting, opting for time-share.

SC

I met the alter ego lady in the OP. She stayed with the German guy till he died. She took care of him well and pushed him around in a wheelchair for two years. He died of natural causes. She now has a 3 mil baht house, two cars and a big bank account and 10 young Thai boyfriends. Yup, that's right 10. Her 15 year old son chased her around the house last month with a knife because he was upset with her morals. He didn't stab her just chased her, she bought him a new IPAD and he is OK now.

She came to visit a couple of weeks ago. I told her she could sleep on my couch. She declined and stayed at the most expensive hotel in town. The lady has cash. She speaks excellent German and English. I guess she would make a good Farang wife again if you were not the jealous type. She was an interesting dinner companion. Her story was sad from one point of view because she actually liked the German but happy from the other because she now liked the 10 boyfriends.

Not a Thai woman, but I knew an older guy in poor health from a dinner club organization at which I used to be a member, and he had a youngish Filipina wife. He told a few of us at one of our dinners that after his kids got to be 21 and he wasn't paying child support, they pretty much abandoned him. When his health got bad, he married a Filipina nurse. I don't think they had sexual relations, (I don't think he was capable.) But she took care of him, pushed him around on his wheelchair, took him places, and seemed quite a pleasant person. He died a few years later, and at the funeral, his wife told me that his kids were suddenly on the scene, saying they would contest the will and fighting for the smallish but I think still good estate.

I heard later from another club member that the wife prevailed got the house and the insurance money and was starting her own business.

The point is I'm hoping to hear some of the sad stories that strangers have told other people over the dinner table.

This isnt a thread about the relative merits of scheming bar girls; that's already been done to death.

I never used to believe these stupid "dinner table" stories that foreigners tell. These stories are all SO glorified. Let's be honest -- most of them are probably lies.

But ..............I knew a Thai girl once.

I recall that she and I lived together for more than ten years. I recall that she cheated on me. I recall that her new "amour" was the highest paid foreigner here in Thailand.

She was late thirties; I was early forties; her new "amour" was early sixties.

I was an Oxford graduate and a former model; her new "amour" was the manager last year of Thailand's top football team (Muang Thong United).

I recall that she and I argued one evening after I discovered what what was happening.

I recall that she got into her car and drove away. She called me five minutes later and this is what she said:

1. Go back to England little boy.

2. I want to fuk old men.

3. He fuks me all night.

4. It's just so wonderful.

Odd. Very odd.

In an instant, you realize that for ten years you've been living with a woman who was completely rotten to the core.

Andrew that is a harsh story. Although you have hinted at it before I think this is the first time you actually spelled it out. I have had four wives leave me. The first for my best friend. The second for a wrestling coach. The third for a Mexican gardener and the last for a millionaire with a ranch in Colorado, five classic sports cars and a castle in Spain. The last one tried to buy the affection of my two daughters with a Porsche and a Cadillac SUV.

The lady with the Mexican gardener also denigrated my penis size telling me about Juan the giant from Tijuana. She also said he was a better cook than I which really hurt.

If you count mistresses being unfaithful I also got bounced for the guitar player from *****. ***** and his band was hard to compete with. And there was the ex manager of the Kansas City Chiefs. He had Alzheimer's and was only with it for brief periods of time (but a big pile of cash).

In my experience it doesn't get any better. Only the faces change and the best you can hope for is to die in your sleep. (Aren't you all glad you didn't eat dinner with me last night.)

How do I make it through the day? Because I did everything and everyone I wanted to do yesterday and that's what I am going to do today. Good luck Andrew. I hadn't realized what a harsh unfeeling women you had the misfortune to be involved with.

Rough stories.

Mine left me for her salsa instructor. Sounds like a movie script.

Unfortunately for me, when she realized that dance instructors didn't make much money, she asked to come back after two months, and as I was leaving for Iraq, I said yes.

Saying no would have saved me lots of time and money for when she left me again four years later for one of her fellow doctors.

I was recounting all of this at an Oceanside, California restaurant last month, so in that case, I guess I was the sad story-teller.

Should I tell you about two of my friends who were looking forward to retirement and just found out they have terminal cancer? They are in their late 50s and haven't done anything but work for a living to provide lovely homes for their bitchy wives. I know they are bitchy because I've met them and I wouldn't have stayed married to either of them for more than a week. My friends got jealous when I told them about my trips to Thailand each winter, but now it's too late for them.

Or, maybe I coulld tell you the story of a friend's 10 year old child who was just recently diagnosed with leukaemia.

How about my two friends who have worked 25 years with a timber company that is closing all its mills, and my friends are being laid off with no prospects for work anywhere else in the province.

If I think really hard I can come up with a few more cheary stories like these. Let me know if you want to hear them.

Oh, sorry, you were talking about sad tales from strangers. They tend not to bother me as much as the true stories about friends with problems. I just thank my lucky stars I live the life I do and have the good health to do along with it.

You're right Ian - all Western women are bitches interested in nothing but money, whereas Thai women have no interest in money at all and only marry for love.

Hard to understand why it is so easy for you to rent girlfriends.

I got lost between the marry for love and the rent girlfriends. I have heard few sad stories about renting a girlfriend.

Granny always told the females in our family it was just as easy to fall in love with a rich man.

I have always thought granny was downplaying the value of love in a relationship. I never stressed the importance of money with my daughters. I always told them to fall in love with a plumber because he can always get a job. In good times new construction and in hard times to maintain old houses.

When you have children I think the importance of a mother full time cannot be stressed enough. So the husband should be able to provide. Women of easy virtue don't usually chase plumbers the same as investment bankers. At least that was my logic.

Very few plumbers have sad stories. They are not going to be replaced by some new high tech geek.

No one can downsize a plumber and all you really have to learn is Sh** rolls downhill. Plumbers make the ideal husbands for my two cents as long as they wash their hands.

Should I tell you about two of my friends who were looking forward to retirement and just found out they have terminal cancer? They are in their late 50s and haven't done anything but work for a living to provide lovely homes for their bitchy wives. I know they are bitchy because I've met them and I wouldn't have stayed married to either of them for more than a week. My friends got jealous when I told them about my trips to Thailand each winter, but now it's too late for them.

Or, maybe I coulld tell you the story of a friend's 10 year old child who was just recently diagnosed with leukaemia.

How about my two friends who have worked 25 years with a timber company that is closing all its mills, and my friends are being laid off with no prospects for work anywhere else in the province.

If I think really hard I can come up with a few more cheary stories like these. Let me know if you want to hear them.

Oh, sorry, you were talking about sad tales from strangers. They tend not to bother me as much as the true stories about friends with problems. I just thank my lucky stars I live the life I do and have the good health to do along with it.

You're right Ian - all Western women are bitches interested in nothing but money, whereas Thai women have no interest in money at all and only marry for love.

I know you are only trying to stir me up, F1, but tha't okay, I'll always bite.

Nowhere have I ever said that all western women are bitches, or that Thai women are sweet little darlings. For every bitchy woman there is a jerk of a husband somewhere. Unfortunately, the bitches are not always with the jerks, nor are the jerks only with bitchy women. Too many good guys wind up with bitches for wives and nice women wind up with jerks for husbands. However, I think women are wiser at choosing a mate than men are. Men most often think with the little head instead of the one on their shoulders.

There is a VERY good reason why I "rent" my girl friends. I don't WANT a wife or full time partner. And, I enjoy attractive women who enjoy sex. That is not a common commodity. And, at my age and pocket book my options are very limited in places other than Asia or South America. As it turned out I settled on Thailand. Having had an assortment of "rentals" it was just a case of elimination until I settled with ones who enjoy my company as much as I enjoy theirs. I've passed up MANY good looking Thai women who are searching for a husband and I passed their inspection. But, I always make it plain that I am not interested in "dating" or playing games to get them into bed. That is why I don't bother with the dating internet sites.

Nowhere have I ever said that all western women are bitches, or that Thai women are sweet little darlings. For every bitchy woman there is a jerk of a husband somewhere. Unfortunately, the bitches are not always with the jerks, nor are the jerks only with bitchy women. Too many good guys wind up with bitches for wives and nice women wind up with jerks for husbands. However, I think women are wiser at choosing a mate than men are. Men most often think with the little head instead of the one on their shoulders.

There is a VERY good reason why I "rent" my girl friends. I don't WANT a wife or full time partner. And, I enjoy attractive women who enjoy sex. That is not a common commodity. And, at my age and pocket book my options are very limited in places other than Asia or South America. As it turned out I settled on Thailand. Having had an assortment of "rentals" it was just a case of elimination until I settled with ones who enjoy my company as much as I enjoy theirs. I've passed up MANY good looking Thai women who are searching for a husband and I passed their inspection. But, I always make it plain that I am not interested in "dating" or playing games to get them into bed. That is why I don't bother with the dating internet sites.

But I'm still waiting for you to tell a good story about a Western wife..... The only stories I've read are about them being bitches, letting you down etc. etc.

I do understand you not wanting a wife or full-time partner though - I feel exactly the same way about men, albeit not renting them :lol:.

Having been 'let down' badly by my Western husband when we moved to Thailand, I am not impressed by posts re-iterating how Western women are all rubbish and Western men will find a true 'love match' in Thailand!

And that's my 'sad' story :lol:!

But I'm still waiting for you to tell a good story about a Western wife..... The only stories I've read are about them being bitches, letting you down etc. etc.

I do understand you not wanting a wife or full-time partner though - I feel exactly the same way about men, albeit not renting them :lol:.

Having been 'let down' badly by my Western husband when we moved to Thailand, I am not impressed by posts re-iterating how Western women are all rubbish and Western men will find a true 'love match' in Thailand!

Why don't you start a thread about Western men who moved to Thailand because they had a happy relationship, good job and great home life in the West.

I guess I could tell you stories about my two grown children, daughter and son. Both seem to be happily married and have children of their own. Or, I could tell you some positive stories about both my ex wives. We had a lot of great times together. My first wife was an Aussie from Tasmania and I know all the jokes that Australians tell about Tassies. She was a good woman, but probably not the right woman for me... even though we spent 20 years together. I took her into the raw wilderness of British Columbia for 3 weeks and she coped very well considering we had been dropped off by float plane and were 300 miles from the nearest road. She went skiing with me into the wilderness and had never been skiing before. We camped in the wilderness with nothing more than one sleeping bag over the both of us and a plastic tarp to keep out the elements. Yes, I have lots of great stories to tell about good women and I'll happily tell them to anyone who is interested.

Spike_camp_1.jpg

Spike_camp_in_the_snow.jpg

I could say the same about my second wife, although she was a much different person.

Maria_2.sized.jpg

But, life deals us some surprises that we can't always cope with. That happened to both of my wives and they couldn't cope. It wasn't anything that I did or didn't do. It just happened. I have no regrets and I'll make no disparaging remarks about either woman..

Why don't you start a thread about Western men who moved to Thailand because they had a happy relationship, good job and great home life in the West.

I prefer not to dwell on personal matters for the sake of the privacy of those involved.

Banter with your mates, tales of battle, drunkenness, prviation and personal suffering,

boasting about your children, fair enough.

But not personal matters

SC

The point is I'm hoping to hear some of the sad stories that strangers have told other people over the dinner table.

This isnt a thread about the relative merits of scheming bar girls; that's already been done to death.

I never used to believe these stupid "dinner table" stories that foreigners tell. These stories are all SO glorified. Let's be honest -- most of them are probably lies.

But ..............I knew a Thai girl once.

I recall that she and I lived together for more than ten years. I recall that she cheated on me. I recall that her new "amour" was the highest paid foreigner here in Thailand.

She was late thirties; I was early forties; her new "amour" was early sixties.

I was an Oxford graduate and a former model; her new "amour" was the manager last year of Thailand's top football team (Muang Thong United).

I recall that she and I argued one evening after I discovered what what was happening.

I recall that she got into her car and drove away. She called me five minutes later and this is what she said:

1. Go back to England little boy.

2. I want to fuk old men.

3. He fuks me all night.

4. It's just so wonderful.

Odd. Very odd.

In an instant, you realize that for ten years you've been living with a woman who was completely rotten to the core.

Andrew that is a harsh story. Although you have hinted at it before I think this is the first time you actually spelled it out. I have had four wives leave me. The first for my best friend. The second for a wrestling coach. The third for a Mexican gardener and the last for a millionaire with a ranch in Colorado, five classic sports cars and a castle in Spain. The last one tried to buy the affection of my two daughters with a Porsche and a Cadillac SUV.

The lady with the Mexican gardener also denigrated my penis size telling me about Juan the giant from Tijuana. She also said he was a better cook than I which really hurt.

If you count mistresses being unfaithful I also got bounced for the guitar player from *****. ***** and his band was hard to compete with. And there was the ex manager of the Kansas City Chiefs. He had Alzheimer's and was only with it for brief periods of time (but a big pile of cash).

In my experience it doesn't get any better. Only the faces change and the best you can hope for is to die in your sleep. (Aren't you all glad you didn't eat dinner with me last night.)

How do I make it through the day? Because I did everything and everyone I wanted to do yesterday and that's what I am going to do today. Good luck Andrew. I hadn't realized what a harsh unfeeling women you had the misfortune to be involved with.

I don't really post on this forum anymore, but I had to sign in just to say hello. This post had me laughing out loud at the simplicity of truth to it all. I have no sad stories to tell, only the realization that when some stories end, a new one will begin. I just try to make sure that I never run out stories to tell, or the possibility to make new ones. When you run out of stories, you're dead.

And I'm glad to see that KerryK is still around with some good ones. Probably doesn't even remember me, but the power of being a good storyteller is that someone will always remember you.

Cheers KerryK. Glad to see you're still around these parts.

Another neighbour of mine was a big Czech guy, 6'4" and in great shape. He was an ambulance driver, and lifted stretchers with a body every day. He went to the gym 3 times a week, played volleyball and went swimming. He also had a farm which he personally worked during his days off from the ambulance job. He complained about my barbequing meat, and told me how unhealthy it was to eat barbequed meat, because it causes cancer. His wife and daughter complimented me on how good the roasting meat smelled. I asked him how he prepared his meat and he said he only ate boiled meat. I asked him one day what he had eaten that day, and he replied two raw potatoes. One day he did not come home. I asked his wife where he was. He had died at 4pm, at the end of his shift, in the ambulance station. He had a heart attack, and 4 paramedics worked on him the instant that he dropped to the floor, but they were unable to save him. He was 62 years old, lived a clean healthy life style, and had professional medical help the instant that he was in trouble. Kind of sad, 3 years from retirement, and kicks the bucket after living a clean healthy life style.

A good friend of mine died the same way at 60. He also lived a healthy life style: ate proper meals, kept in shape, didn't smoke and only drank in moderation. He enjoyed life to the fullest but it didn't extend his life. When you get my age (71) those stories become more frequent all the time. I've burried at least 15 good friends in the past 10 years. Last year it was 3 more. This year I have friend who won't live until Christmas. I know my days are numbered so I'm not quitting my plans for enjoying life to the fullest.

Whenever I hear/ read something like that I make a resolution to enjoy life more. Unfortunately life has a habit of dragging me down again, now that's sad!

Having cared for many old people in hospital, I'd much rather die at the peak than after a long and gradual decline into decrepitude. One reason why I never make any attempt to live a healthy life. As someone said, you might live longer, but is it really worth all the things that you have to give up?

Might feel different if I had kids and a pile of money.

One could easily design a forum around these topical matters by themselves.....:jap:

A good friend of mine died the same way at 60. He also lived a healthy life style: ate proper meals, kept in shape, didn't smoke and only drank in moderation. He enjoyed life to the fullest but it didn't extend his life. When you get my age (71) those stories become more frequent all the time. I've burried at least 15 good friends in the past 10 years. Last year it was 3 more. This year I have friend who won't live until Christmas. I know my days are numbered so I'm not quitting my plans for enjoying life to the fullest.

My father lived his life to excess, he drank, smoked, took drugs (coke, weed, lsd, speed) chased & caught a lot of women, drove race cars, was a boxer, rode motocycles for a living & he dropped down dead 2 months shy of his 61st birthday after getting pancreatic cancer (a family trait) but died of a brain aneurysm a month after being told he had at max, 3 months to live. He died stepping out of his front door on the mountain he owned in spain, a place he had lived very happily for 10 years doing exactly what he wanted, when he wanted & with whom. I'm pretty sure he would have been majorly pissed had he lived clean, pushed a pen for 40 years then croaked it after not living how he wanted. I think you can't say one lifestyle over the other will extend your life, when your time is up, it's up.

Not a thailand story & not a particularly sad one either, but to keep it on topic, my father had a lot of younger gf's but never went to thailand, he attracted women of all ages, my husband thinks he should have been a movie star as he just had that "something", in fact when I went to clear out his house I found a half empty box of condoms in his bedside table, clearly cancer wasn't slowing him down B)

<snip>

Totally off-topic, sorry, but hey, Boo! I like the new avatar:

th_GirlDance.gif

- the old one was a bit 'grainy' but this one is really good!

Back on-topic:

I have a story, but not ready to share yet - still too painful and the outcome not yet resolved. Sorry.

My father lived his life to excess, he drank, smoked, took drugs (coke, weed, lsd, speed) chased & caught a lot of women, drove race cars, was a boxer, rode motocycles for a living & he dropped down dead 2 months shy of his 61st birthday after getting pancreatic cancer (a family trait) but died of a brain aneurysm a month after being told he had at max, 3 months to live. He died stepping out of his front door on the mountain he owned in spain, a place he had lived very happily for 10 years doing exactly what he wanted, when he wanted & with whom. I'm pretty sure he would have been majorly pissed had he lived clean, pushed a pen for 40 years then croaked it after not living how he wanted. I think you can't say one lifestyle over the other will extend your life, when your time is up, it's up.

Not a thailand story & not a particularly sad one either, but to keep it on topic, my father had a lot of younger gf's but never went to thailand, he attracted women of all ages, my husband thinks he should have been a movie star as he just had that "something", in fact when I went to clear out his house I found a half empty box of condoms in his bedside table, clearly cancer wasn't slowing him down B)

Good story, Boo. Thanks for telling it. I know what you mean by charisma and your father probably had a lot of it. Some guys just are not meant to be tied to a long marriage, but that doesn't mean they are wrong.

Thanks Ian, he was the first to admit he should never had married, let alone reproduce. But he did what he was able & my sister & I know he loved us a lot & would have killed anyone who messed with us :D . When he died it was a relief to us to know he went quickly, exactly where he wanted to be & was spared wasting away as the cancer took over.

post-1041-0-72800300-1315939323_thumb.jp

Thanks Ian, he was the first to admit he should never had married, let alone reproduce. But he did what he was able & my sister & I know he loved us a lot & would have killed anyone who messed with us :D . When he died it was a relief to us to know he went quickly, exactly where he wanted to be & was spared wasting away as the cancer took over.

And from the looks of that photo, animals loved him as well. I believe that things happen as they are meant to be. Had your father never married he would not have had you or your sister and that would have been a loss. Just because someone is not suited for a long marriage does not mean they are wrong. I had a short marriage with my second wife, but I would not miss those few years for anything. Just take the good out of any relationship and forget the crap. If it lasts, it lasts; if it doesn't then so be it and get on with life and be thankful for the time you spent together.

Was he a slightly overweight American guy?

he was american if i recall correctly, but over ten years have passed and i cant remember what he looked like.

Well if it was 10 years ago it was a different guy. Funny, that another American who lived on Nana and was around 30 and on an expat package had someone die on their sofa too.

Was he a slightly overweight American guy?

he was american if i recall correctly, but over ten years have passed and i cant remember what he looked like.

Well if it was 10 years ago it was a different guy. Funny, that another American who lived on Nana and was around 30 and on an expat package had someone die on their sofa too.

i may be misreading the time frame, but I would say 7-10 years ago is pretty accurate, though the coincidence is a little too much to be dismissed, when would you have heard the story?

Hey Boo! Good to "hear" from you too! I just realized this second, but I think I missed you guys(you and SBK). And true to form, I'm afraid I have to get a bit contrarian on you. I love the story of your father, and he sounds like quite a character like a lot of my own relatives from his generation. But, the one thing our generation has discovered is that lifestyle and diet does make a difference. In fact, it has been shown many times that certain cancers and inflammatory diseases have been held back and even banished with a certain diet and lifestyle.

Pancreatic cancers have also been linked to gluten intolerance and celiac disease, even if it is undiagnosed. There is no doubt that banishing gluten from a severely troubled gut has no doubt changed health and lives, sometimes within days. The sad reality is that in our parent's generation, the alllopathic establishment did not recognize it, and they barely do now.

Yes, actually, you can extend and change the circumstances of your life through diet and lifestyle, and even stamp out diseases such as cancer. Maybe it is too late for our parents and grandparents (including my own), but it is not too late for us.

The "live large and let live because it doesn't matter anyway" is quite simply not true. But, yeah, we can all be run over by a bus on any day, unless you are watching where you're going.