Personal Medication And Thailan

auserb

It depends on the exact medication. In general most medicaiton are is allowed, with a doctors prescription and a supply for not more than 30 days.

I move your question to the health forum for better and more precise answers.

yeh, thanks, but I intend to stay in Thailand for 7 weeks and validity of doctors certificate is 12 mths. do you think I will run in any problems for the duration of 7 weeks even though that I have doctors letter?

Most prescriptions that you take to a pharmasist in the west are available over the counter here. There are a few exceptions for instance pain killers that contain narcotics.

I have found the most complete pharmacy in Chiang Mai which has the doses that I need are available from Fascino. Other pharmacies had similar drugs, but available only in smaller doses, so I had to but two or three tablets instead of one.

The drugs you mention are strictly controlled substances in Thailand and not available OTC.

To bring them in, they must be in a labelled prescription bottle with your name and doctor's name and you should also have with you a doctor's certificate stating the need for the medication.

The rule is that one should bring in only a 3o0 day supply. I have never heard of the customs officials actually counting out tablets on people bringing in amounts that looked consist with personal use. If the quantity is large enough to look like you might intend to sell it, then of course all sorts of problems will ensure.