Lifan 250 Cruiser

Thaifan2

They are also ordering me a special Lifan set of saddle bags for 4,900 .When i see them if i do not like them ,they say that i can cancell the purchase .

And i see by your pics that you went through with the purchase. Are you all there? You know, like, mentally?dam_n, you hit the jackpot on those saddlebags.

A real...er...bargain.

Glad you like the Saddle Bags .The red strips give a nice touch B) .

As for being mad to purchase a new Lifan 250 cc @ B78,000 with a 2 year guarantee ,only time will tell :jap:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This evening I just give my Ducati 1198S to my g/f, the good part is that it clears the way for me ordering the new one...

Of course I now have a perfectly recovered Ducati 1098 "over" with way to much carbon and special parts to be ordinary. Basically I started rebuilding this bike with the idea that I would become a good bike for my g/f but with current developments, and the bike is currently doing a retesting at the Department of Road Transport to be 100% legal as it was my intension.

I'm honest the bike crashed badly and I bought it in a real poor state, the frame has moved to Italy for repair and back to Thailand (papers to show, it was repaired by Ducati Italy), the forks are now the latest Marzocchi, both damaged wheels are replaced by BST 7 straight spoke wheels (not 5 spoke wheels) carbon fiber wheels made especially for the Ducati 1098. Both wheels weigh less than 6 kilogram, which is a good reduction from the original wheels.

Talking to yourself again Richard? :burp:

a man driving this :

IMG_4580.JPG

complains about people who drive this :

24.jpg

how much does lifan pay to you ride that thing in public ? :whistling: or do u get a commission from every sale or something ? pray do tell us how it works ;)

Lifan can claim 100% "Made in Thailand", even has a Thai government certificate, your example, currently still can say that, and I would suggest you visit the factory "what is currently more an assembly facility" again..........

The luggage with red belts are probably not something what will become very popular in Thailand... It's surely not my choice...

Richard... where is the legendary Lifan factory in Thailand??????

NOT get me wrong I'm still proud to say I own a Tiger Boxer 250 RS, which was made in Thailand which is of excellent build quality, currently my brother in-law rides it daily to his university in Northeast Thailand.

The quality of Tiger motorcycles build in Thailand was excellent – I have the idea that most will agree – but, with current plans for moving all production outside Thailand, mainly China, the build quality is also going to be influenced, therefore I would strongly suggest that Tiger keeps production of its motorcycles in Thailand.

Can you please post your source for this claim of Tiger moving to Taiwan?

I doubt that there will ever be enough of us reporting to be gather statistics that might be accurate regarding the relative merits of these two 250's for Cheap Charlies- such as myself. But I would argue that their reputations are justifiably better than Platinums. However, the Tiger is out of production now and nothing certain is clear about its future - so far as I can discover. May well explain rumors.

I've owned both and neither is entirely a bike for fools and I think both represent bargains if you are willing to take on challenges. Obviously they have far different missions and cannot be compared with regard to performance, since each aims a different way. I believe that parts such as cables, hoses, and fittings - routing systems too - used in the Lifan's are superior and the QC so much better that it scarcely can be imagined.

But a biker willing to fiddle will end up with a fine compromise with the Tiger for more sporty riding. Both 'boast' of about 18hp, no more.

Finally, 'Assembled in Thailand' or 'Manufactured in Thailand' as compared to 'Made in China' are useless expressions. Outcome depends upon the brand name, the owners.

NOT get me wrong I'm still proud to say I own a Tiger Boxer 250 RS, which was made in Thailand which is of excellent build quality, currently my brother in-law rides it daily to his university in Northeast Thailand.

The quality of Tiger motorcycles build in Thailand was excellent – I have the idea that most will agree – but, with current plans for moving all production outside Thailand, mainly China, the build quality is also going to be influenced, therefore I would strongly suggest that Tiger keeps production of its motorcycles in Thailand.

The source of my information is Tiger Motor Co. Ltd, they said in an email that Tiger Motorcycle stopped the production of the Tiger Boxer 250 RS, and currently had only available the X-Road 250, which was assembled from parts imported from China. I never talked about Taiwan... regarding Tiger Motor Co. Ltd.

The source of my information is Tiger Motor Co. Ltd, they said in an email that Tiger Motorcycle stopped the production of the Tiger Boxer 250 RS, and currently had only available the X-Road 250, which was assembled from parts imported from China. I never talked about Taiwan... regarding Tiger Motor Co. Ltd.

You are wrong again Richard.

Tiger Motor Co. Ltd did halt the production of the Boxer 250RS as they are upgrading it to FI. The X-Road is indeed assembled in Thailand of Chinese parts (and the word from Tiger is that due to the poor quality of the Chinese parts they have suspended production of the X-Road until they can source or manufacture better quality parts). Tiger Motor Co. continues to manufacture and sell other models in Thailand and have stated unequivocally that they have no intention of moving production out of Thailand.

If you have any FACTS to prove otherwise, please share them. Otherwise we'll have to assume you are once again making up misleading stories as you've done so many times in the past.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

This topic really needs some clarification.

x-road 250 = this bike has always been a ckd(complete knock down) kit Imported from Sachs suppliers in china ( much the same as the Gmax is from PGO)

Boxer 250/200 = paused but likely to continue ( made in thailand )

Bulldog 150 = made in Thailand

Retro 110 C = made in Thailand

Retro Sport = made in thailand

Future = made in thailand

Smart 115-135= made in thailand

CX 135 = made in Thailand

Made in Thailand = more than 75% of the final Product's parts come from Thailand

Richard-bkk ,Tiger Motor Co LTD has in fact NEVER told you that they moved all (or any )production to China.

I asked Tiger Motors yesterday about your statement ( moving all ,or any, production into another country ) and i quote the reply "No... Why would we do that?

mbox

x-road 250 = this bike has always been a ckd(complete knock down) kit Imported from Sachs suppliers in china ( much the same as the Gmax is from PGO)

Made in Thailand = more than 75% of the final Product's parts come from Thailand

Richard-bkk ,Tiger Motor Co LTD has in fact NEVER told you that they moved all (or any )production to China.

I asked Tiger Motors yesterday about your statement ( moving all ,or any, production into another country ) and i quote the reply "No... Why would we do that?

mbox

mbox, is this really a clarification, just because you tell it? Maybe Tiger is not moving production to China. But all the things you tell us? How reliable are they? Can you provide some links to official information sources please? You are not an official source as you have told us before.

IMHO the rumours about Tiger are a result of the contradictory informations that people like you spread around. I never read any official statement from Tiger about what exactly is produced in Thailand or is produced by Tiger. Official statements are very vage. All the "more precise information" is coming from some farang like you and Richard-BKK, who keep on telling what others told them what others told them... And some people like BigBikeBkk like to add some own created "facts" to it.

I would really appriciate clarification, but information should come from official sources. As long as there is no official information i will believe what is more logical.

mbox

mbox, is this really a clarification, just because you tell it? Maybe Tiger is not moving production to China. But all the things you tell us? How reliable are they? Can you provide some links to official information sources please? You are not an official source as you have told us before.

IMHO the rumours about Tiger are a result of the contradictory informations that people like you spread around. I never read any official statement from Tiger about what exactly is produced in Thailand or is produced by Tiger. Official statements are very vage. All the "more precise information" is coming from some farang like you and Richard-BKK, who keep on telling what others told them what others told them... And some people like BigBikeBkk like to add some own created "facts" to it.

I would really appriciate clarification, but information should come from official sources. As long as there is no official information i will believe what is more logical.

wantan, i have the email from Tiger Motors on hand now....i can easily forward it to Thaivisa moderators for them to see . ...but it is Richard Bkk that needs to proof his statement . Remember he was asked from Moderation to bring proof or source of info, which he didn't

mbox

mbox

wantan, i have the email from Tiger Motors on hand now....i can easily forward it to Thaivisa moderators for them to see . ...but it is Richard Bkk that needs to proof his statement . Remember he was asked from Moderation to bring proof or source of info, which he didn't

mbox

Yes, i have read your post before and i have no doubt that you got an e-mail from Tiger with a statement that they do not move production to China.

But all this statements "Made in Thailand", where do they come from? What does it exactly mean "more than 75% of the final Product's parts come from Thailand"? And how much percent "of the final Product's parts" are "made by Tiger"? This whole production story is totally confusing and all this statements are not very helpful for people who are interested in their Tiger bike.

E.g. the engine of the Boxer 250. Sometimes its said its made by Tiger, sometimes its said its made in Thailand, but "important parts" are made by Tiger. Sometimes its said its made in China, but "important parts" are made by Tiger. And the variations are endless. Is a motorbike "Made in Thailand" if its engine is made in China? For me it is not.

And the stories about the X-Road are same confusing. Sometimes you tell the people "its the same than the original Sachs". Sometimes you tell the people "it has some differences from the original Sachs". Sometime there are "major differences". And again the variations are endless. And now BigBikeBkk want to tell us, that Tiger has stopped production of the X-Road, because of poor quality parts from their suppliers in China. If they are the same suppliers as for Sachs, how does this all fit together? Nothing fits together in this story.

mbox

wantan, reading this again...so you want tiger motors making an official statement telling you that they will not move anywhere , just because Richard-bkk made up some tale of moving somewhere ...which in his reply today was controversial already...he only spoke about 2 bikes xroad ( whicch is an imported ckd kit) & boxer but he stated earlier that tiger motors is moving all production to china which he did not repeat , nor can he produce the emailor other source of proof of truth ....simply put, he can not produce this , because it is NOT True.

mbox

mbox

mbox

Yes, i have read your post before and i have no doubt that you got an e-mail from Tiger with a statement that they do not move production to China.

But all this statements "Made in Thailand", where do they come from? What does it exactly mean "more than 75% of the final Product's parts come from Thailand"? And how much percent "of the final Product's parts" are "made by Tiger"? This whole production story is totally confusing and all this statements are not very helpful for people who are interested in their Tiger bike.

E.g. the engine of the Boxer 250. Sometimes its said its made by Tiger, sometimes its said its made in Thailand, but "important parts" are made by Tiger. Sometimes its said its made in China, but "important parts" are made by Tiger. And the variations are endless. Is a motorbike "Made in Thailand" if its engine is made in China? For me it is not.

And the stories about the X-Road are same confusing. Sometimes you tell the people "its the same than the original Sachs". Sometimes you tell the people "it has some differences from the original Sachs". Sometime there are "major differences". And again the variations are endless. And now BigBikeBkk want to tell us, that Tiger has stopped production of the X-Road, because of poor quality parts from their suppliers in China. If they are the same suppliers as for Sachs, how does this all fit together? Nothing fits together in this story.

Wantan... the bottom line is Richard lied because he has an agenda for his Chinese motorcycle customers.

The Tiger bikes mentioned in Mbox's post are made in Thailand. I believe you have been to Tigers factory and looked around if so you would have seen the cnc machines that make the engines etc. Stop being obtuse.

Has anyone been to Lifan's factory to prove Richards statement that everything is manufactured in Thailand???

Tiger is hiding nothing if you want to go to the factory you can, they will give you a tour. As for the X-road it fits together because Tiger are not happy with the quality of parts from the Chinese supplier. simple really.

As Mbox has said why do Tiger need to release a statement to counter Richards lies (personally if i were them i would look at a legal challenge against him and possible TV for allowing his lies yet again. Any body else shown to lie and provide dubious material for their own financial benefit would have been banned along time ago)

ps.. I have not seen the Lifan yet but i have no problem with it. I have seen the Zongshen bikes (also Chinese) and the quality seems good for the price as i imagine is the same for the LIfan.

My problem is Richards lying and trashing of Tiger at every opportunity.

pps.. wantan. you have Khun Pariya's email. why not send him an email and ask.. then you get official confirmation ... it's so easy if you put your brain into gear..is it not :rolleyes:

Edited by thaicbr

We are talking about Chinese bikes here. They all suck. Buy Japanese. Problem Solved.

Actually for the money there are several brands that are good. Lifan may be one of them (not sure as i have never seen one) Zongshen is another (just wish they would have bigger cc bike)

• Like 1

We are talking about Chinese bikes here. They all suck. Buy Japanese. Problem Solved.

And this is your carefully crafted advice as a fully qualified motorcycle engineer having personally tested every Chinese and Japanese motorcyle available world wide.

You really need to change your medication and get out more.

And this is your carefully crafted advice as a fully qualified motorcycle engineer having personally tested every Chinese and Japanese motorcyle available world wide.

You really need to change your medication and get out more.

No this is my opinion of Chinese exports as a whole compared to Japanese. Come on man, you really think anyone can touch the Japanese when it comes to motorcycles or even cars for that matter? Honestly.

Well I'd say the Italians make better bikes and cars. As long as 'better' doesn't include pricing.

If money was no object, I'd take an Duc 10/1198 or an Aprillia RSV4 over a Jap inline 4.

Factor in value or 'bang for your buck' then I'd take a Jap inline 4.

I'd never buy a Chinese bike. First, I know that it will be a piece of shit and second, on general principle. I don't trust them. They've become successful by screwing over the West and I just dislike the way they *edited out* do business in general.

Edited by Scott
edited

mbox

wantan, reading this again...so you want tiger motors making an official statement telling you that they will not move anywhere , just because Richard-bkk made up some tale of moving somewhere ...which in his reply today was controversial already...he only spoke about 2 bikes xroad ( whicch is an imported ckd kit) & boxer but he stated earlier that tiger motors is moving all production to china which he did not repeat , nor can he produce the emailor other source of proof of truth ....simply put, he can not produce this , because it is NOT True.

mbox

No, i don't want Tiger to make an official statement for what Richard said. But if they ever want that customers trust in the Tiger brand they may should do such things sometimes. All the information we have about Tiger and their production is a lot of assumptions and "hear say". Some people have visited the factory. Wow! And they have seen it: Tiger is really producing motorcycles! Wow! Fact is, noone here has ever seen the production of a Boxer engine, but many people here want to tell us they know everything about it.

My problem is Richards lying and trashing of Tiger at every opportunity.

pps.. wantan. you have Khun Pariya's email. why not send him an email and ask.. then you get official confirmation ... it's so easy if you put your brain into gear..is it not :rolleyes:

I know, you don't like Tiger trashing. I don't like it either. But i also not like the guys who are hyping Tiger at every opportunity. And what mbox said in his first post here after months of silence is much more than just "Tiger is not moving production to China". It is his typical combination of releasing very vague information from one single Tiger representive ("No... Why would we do that?") together with an advertising attitude ("All bikes are made in Thailand, except X-Road and Gmax").

Why should i ask Khun Pariya? I am not interested if or when Tiger is moving production to china. Maybe they do in 10 years. Who knows? Khun Pariya? I don't think so. Maybe Richard had a vision of the future while sleeping? Who knows? Who cares? But we can ask Richard: Why should Tiger do such a thing?

But as a Tiger customer i still ask myself what parts of my Tiger Boxer 250 are produced in China? What is produced in Thailand? What is produced by Tiger and what from other companies in Thailand? Sorry, but i do not believe anyone here anything. I see my bike in front of me. And i can speak to the Tiger employers. And this is much more reliable than anything else.