Anyone Like Trance In Thailand? How Is Club Scene?

Trapflex

What's Trance then?

A load of people off their heads moving around as if they've just been injected with some kind of inadequate but extremely potent horse tranquiler?

MHO is that it's best kept in away ..... but then again, I'm an old arse and maybe cannot understand all the nuances of modern music. Please correct me.

:huh:

Electronic music in general has never seemed nearly as popular here as back home. Remember going to a club with Paul Oakenfold djing a few years back and it wasn't even crowded, and most people there were foreigners. Most Thai clubs seem to be hip hop or Thai music

Could that be beacuse Oakenfold is a <deleted> DJ who doesnt even bother mixing properly any longer.

When he plays thailand he is usually so off his tits he cant spin.

Anyways the trance scene has been heavily on the wane worldwide since 97-98 with the death of the super club. the gatecrasher era has passed.

there is still a thriving house, progressive, techno scene and some of that ends towards trance but in the clubs trance is dead.

Phangan and Samui have some residual psy trance scene, but even that is quickly giving way to a more progressive vibe.

thats just my feeling.

Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan is the biggest rave in the country. Head there if you want trance.

Wow, wouldn't have guessed you were the trance type?

she is not, her very use of the term "rave" excludes her from any burden of hipness

I was subjected to Belgium hard core trance, for a while when I lived in the UK. I was a single parent raising twin girls. My little darlings went through the 'trance' faze when they were 15. They would play it at full volume, (when I wasn't there)

My girls loved it so much they would, (when I wasn't there) leave there window open…Volume at full pelt and go out. I would come home sometimes with the great sound of trance permeating the local area. Funny thing, I never got burgled, even with all my window open!

I think the UN has placed 'trance' on the banned list along with landmines, ankle cuffs and 'Bonny M's' music as inhumane weapons :whistling:

Edited by Tonto21

Could that be beacuse Oakenfold is a <deleted> DJ who doesnt even bother mixing properly any longer.

When he plays thailand he is usually so off his tits he cant spin.

Anyways the trance scene has been heavily on the wane worldwide since 97-98 with the death of the super club. the gatecrasher era has passed.

there is still a thriving house, progressive, techno scene and some of that ends towards trance but in the clubs trance is dead.

Phangan and Samui have some residual psy trance scene, but even that is quickly giving way to a more progressive vibe.

thats just my feeling.

agreed, trance is dead.

Slighlty off topic, has anyone been to the Hed Kandi nights at Qbar that have been on every now and again?

nothing beats the oakenfold days at Cream in Liverpool 97-00

You was 10 years to late.

explain how i was 10 years too late?

You said nothing beats the oakenfold days at Cream in Liverpool 97-00.

Shoom, Future, '89 Ibiza with Weatherall, Rampling, Farley and the open air parties at Ku and Amnesia.

Junior Boys Own parties and Flying at the Soho Theatre Club Charing Cross.

Those were the days my friend.

Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan is the biggest rave in the country. Head there if you want trance.

Wow, wouldn't have guessed you were the trance type?

she is not, her very use of the term "rave" excludes her from any burden of hipness

Chai.

Better off dead than an acid ted.

What's Trance then?

A load of people off their heads moving around as if they've just been injected with some kind of inadequate but extremely potent horse tranquiler?

MHO is that it's best kept in away ..... but then again, I'm an old arse and maybe cannot understand all the nuances of modern music. Please correct me.

:huh:

Trance makes you wanna move your feet unlike house which makes you wanna

shake your ass. :rolleyes:

Some plenty of good artists still around such as Supereight & TAB, The Blizzard and Omnia, Malfunction and others.

Great music that makes you high even when not on dope.

The guys of their head are more likely into DnB and high on ketamine :bah:

Edited by meom

nothing beats the oakenfold days at Cream in Liverpool 97-00

You was 10 years to late.

explain how i was 10 years too late?

You said nothing beats the oakenfold days at Cream in Liverpool 97-00.

Shoom, Future, '89 Ibiza with Weatherall, Rampling, Farley and the open air parties at Ku and Amnesia.

Junior Boys Own parties and Flying at the Soho Theatre Club Charing Cross.

Those were the days my friend.

would have only been 8 then :(