Hua Hin Colonnade Mall

bankroll

Anyone know much about this new mall called Colonnade Mall...? apparently there's a hotel as well.

From what I read in a Thai magazine, it seems like it's going to be exclusive boutiques, but somewhere else it said it was replacing Nadpob mall, which doesn't make much sense as that's the new one anyway. Confused.

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

The new mall is actually replacing nab bob. The hotel has been built behind the nab bob. There has been several articles in the local media about this.

Nab bob has been a dismal failure for many reasons and the company that owns it admits this, mainly because there is no anchor stores to pull people in despite its advantagous location, all the stores in the mall are very small selling things only tourists would look at twice and all paying very high rents, a lot of the original renters have already moved to greener pastures. What the place really needes is a tops supermarket to give villa plaza a run for their money to pull people in who actually live here as the high season is so short, I understand a KFC will be moving in but I doubt if this alone will save it. There was a very interesting store on the upper floor where everything sold for 65 baht but sadly it too moved on. I suspect greed got in the way of planning as far as this mall went, have no idea about pricing at the new hotel but it is in a good position for revellers

There was a very interesting store on the upper floor where everything sold for 65 baht but sadly it too moved on.

FYI, the B65 store -- Daiso, of the Japanese "¥100 Store" chain -- has moved to Market Village, near the entrance to the movie theatre.