Best Cheesecake In Chiang Mai?

alexpoker

Just stopped by Butter is Better near Night Bazaar and had some blueberry cheesecake. I gotta say I wasnt impressed. The crust was soft and the blueberry icing seemed more like jam.

So now Im curious to find out where the best cheesecake in Chiang Mai might be.

If I were to grade cheesecake the different places Ive tried it in Chiang Mai heres how I would do it so far:

Why Not buffet restaurant - 8/10 - Small cheesecake samples, but since its buffet you can take as many as you want :D. Crust is good. Taste and texture good as well. You just gotta pay for the buffet to have the cheesecake tho, which take it from 9/10 to 8/10 for me. The cheesecake is cooled/stored in a fridge which makes it nicer.

Butter is Better - 4/10. Crust soft, blueberry icing more like jam than made for a cake.

Tiger Kingdom - 6/10. Taste could be better, Crust is average.

The best cheesecake Ive ever had was in NYC or the Cheesecake factory in Vegas. Those cakes I would give 10/10.

Please post your own recommendations :)

I disagree. Why Not is good - very good actually, but Butter Is Better is exceptionally good. I do not care for the fact that the deserts (including the cheesecake) are way too cold for my taste at Why Not where the deserts at B is B are just right. Plus, the cheesecake tastes so much better at B is B. The owner recently modified the way the cheesecake is prepared which IMHO really makes his cheesecake the best in town,

I disagree. Why Not is good - very good actually, but Butter Is Better is exceptionally good. I do not care for the fact that the deserts (including the cheesecake) are way too cold for my taste at Why Not where the deserts at B is B are just right. Plus, the cheesecake tastes so much better at B is B. The owner recently modified the way the cheesecake is prepared which IMHO really makes his cheesecake the best in town,

How can you like the cheesecake at Why Not and then at the same time also like the one at Butter is Better. Its two diff cakes. lol.

The Dukes!!!!

Best in town.

Disagree, The Dukes cheesecake is far from the best in town!

Tiger kingdom in town is better than Dukes.

Don't like any of the products from Butter is better either, seems to be that no matter what you buy all you taste is butter & nothing else.

Secret recipe. It's a chain and they have a branch at the fourth floor of Airport Plaza.

Think I've tried most of the others mentioned here, some twice, but would not bother to mention

any them favourably.

Edit: except "Why Not". That restaurant I have yet to try.

Edited by Awk

Where is Love at first Bite?

East side of the river, one block south of the Narwat bridge, turn left after the church and weave your way down a very narrow soi, parking on the right after 100 metres - also, you might well find better directions if you google the name - Love at First Bite gets 10 out of ten from me.

Edited by chiang mai

How about Love at First Bite? I loathe cheesecake but theirs looks very nice.

I agree very much with this statement. I went to Love at First Bite several time and always impressed with the foods on offer, especially the cheesecakes. Also ,what about Coffee Lovers on Ratchamanka Road and Funky Moneky cafe (not sure if these 2 places are still operating) but their cheesecake was ok, although nothing compare to L.A.F.B.

peace Maven (Ben)

Upper Crust which is located across from the entrance to the railway station makes a fantastic mango cheesecake. It is more like a chiffon, but it is to die for. They have other cheesecakes as well, but when I find something I like at a place I don't venture to try other desserts.

Also Love at First Bite makes a nice cheesecake, as well as the dining room at the Shangri-La Hotel.

Where is Love at first Bite?

East side of the river, one block south of the Narwat bridge, turn left after the church and weave your way down a very narrow soi, parking on the right after 100 metres - also, you might well find better directions if you google the name - Love at First Bite gets 10 out of ten from me.

Agreed 10 out of 10.

How about Love at First Bite? I loathe cheesecake but theirs looks very nice.

I agree very much with this statement. I went to Love at First Bite several time and always impressed with the foods on offer, especially the cheesecakes. Also ,what about Coffee Lovers on Ratchamanka Road and Funky Moneky cafe (not sure if these 2 places are still operating) but their cheesecake was ok, although nothing compare to L.A.F.B.

peace Maven (Ben)

The banana bread and brownies at funky monkey were much much better than B is B.

The cheesecake that I've had in B is B has always been very good, but I don't normally go in there for cheesecake, I go in there because I think they are a great place to eat and I like their food. I might have cheesecake at the end of a meal with coffee sometimes.

However, as this thread is about cheesecake in Chiang Mai (what next?), I would say that B is B cheesecake is very good indeed.

Maybe one day I'll do the cheesecake rounds of Chiang Mai. biggrin.gif

Edited by uptheos

The one in the plaza does not get their pies from the main branch. They are made/sourced here in the city....

How about Charin Resort on 118 Km post 142.

Great cheescake and everything else :)

Yep agree with you on this place, great apple pie also. They have a little branch on the top floor of airport central as well but for some reason its not as nice.