Thai Marriage Certificate

Hi i wnt to Birmingham UK to get my non o few weeks ago, i took marriage certificate, they gave non o but said next year must have it translated into English. seems strange Thai consulate needing it in English, i know they are English staff, i but its a Thai visa i want from a Thai consulate. anybody eles come across this one, is so where to get translated into English in pattaya area if possible.

many thanks

There is only one Embassy in any country and it is almost always in the capital city. Believe you are thinking about Consulates - but there service is not required for MFA registration. I suspect for Consulate visa issue just a translation would be all that they would ask but if you can spend the little extra for a registration at MFA it will make that document legal and is good to have at least one such copy. Any translation service should be able to do and register for you. No Consulate should need to stamp such a document for Thai government (getting a visa) and in most countries such a document is recognized as legal by international standards.

I think the English document translation comes in handy for Thai authorities should any questions arise in the future concerning a foreigner in Thailand. If they commit a crime, if injured or dies , or has other international organizations like Interpol investigating a non Thai living in Thailand, the English documents can more easily be shared with a third party....