Big Trees Lining Rd Between Cm And Lamphun

thaibeachlovers

Those trees have cool history story behind them. Someone can jump in here and correct me but from what I understand, the King of Chiang Mai and King of Lamphun decided to ride toward each other on a given day to set the territory line. The King of Chiang Mai's entourage rode horses and planted trees behind them and they got very close to Lamphun as the king of Lamphun was on an slow elephant. There is a historic shrine at the place where they met and where the trees end.

T_Dog, very cool story. I sometimes find myself on that road, truly impressed with those wonderous trees while searching for the number plates and often stopping to enjoy the sight. Thanks for the bit of history.

<br />
<br />Deathtraps.<br />
<br />A bit silly to say about trees that were there before any of us were born.<br /><br />Last time I checked Trees rarely make sudden movements so you should be able to avoid them quite easily....<br />

lol

I was driving the motorcycle through CMU today and saw a huge branch fall into the opposite lane. It was at least 15 cm thick and two meters long. Could have been bad if it hit someone, but it bounced pretty harmlessly as I cruised by. So..... I guess they do sometimes make sudden movements!

Interestingly enough, coconuts have a nasty habit of doing the same thing and I'm guessing there are a whole lot more o' them around. Maybe instead of cutting them down (as so many have proposed in the past), a bit of knowledgeable trimming may be in order. I would think these ancient monuments have an historic value as well as their magnificent beauty.

Interestingly enough, coconuts have a nasty habit of doing the same thing and I'm guessing there are a whole lot more o' them around. Maybe instead of cutting them down (as so many have proposed in the past), a bit of knowledgeable trimming may be in order. I would think these ancient monuments have an historic value as well as their magnificent beauty.

Oh, and one of the real pluses of those trees is the great cooling factor offering significantly more comfortable temperatures on very hot days.

Those trees have cool history story behind them. Someone can jump in here and correct me but from what I understand, the King of Chiang Mai and King of Lamphun decided to ride toward each other on a given day to set the territory line. The King of Chiang Mai's entourage rode horses and planted trees behind them and they got very close to Lamphun as the king of Lamphun was on an slow elephant. There is a historic shrine at the place where they met and where the trees end.

T_Dog, very cool story. I sometimes find myself on that road, truly impressed with those wonderous trees while searching for the number plates and often stopping to enjoy the sight. Thanks for the bit of history.

You are welcome! Here is a link that explains the story with a bit more detail than my summary....

http://www.chiangmai-chiangrai.com/a_look_at_lamphun.html

Deathtraps.

A bit silly to say about trees that were there before any of us were born.

Last time I checked Trees rarely make sudden movements so you should be able to avoid them quite easily....

Well, they might move for some people.wink.gif

"What giants?" said Sancho Panza.

"Those thou seest there," answered his master, "with the long

arms, and some have them nearly two leagues long."

"Look, your worship," said Sancho; "what we see there are not giants

but trees, and what seem to be their arms are the branches.

"It is easy to see," replied Don Quixote, "that thou art not used to

this business of adventures; those are giants; and if thou art afraid,

away with thee out of this and betake thyself to prayer while I engage

them in fierce and unequal combat."

Edited by uptheos