Hacked?

hgma

I have absolutely NO knowledge of internet/and computers

I have a straight simple question.

For the last months or so i have checked my logpost-28792-0-37061800-1316648365_thumb.j-in activitypost-28792-0-37061800-1316648365_thumb.j on my yahoo account

seen changes of IP address and an Australian based provider.......have i been hacked?

strange messages too

"you tried to log in to many time with a "wrong password or name"

" no access because you logged in from a different computer or device"

etc etc

anyone could shed some light for me?

thanks in advance

HGMA

post-28792-0-94556700-1316648409_thumb.j

Change of ip address is quite normal. Your ISP is assigning you an ip address automatically when you connect. This address is "leased" for a period of time (it may be a few hours, days, or months). When the lease expires you'll be assigned a new address.

The "wrong password or name" message is almost certainly exactly what it says: you've typed either the password or the user name incorrectly.

The "no access" message could, conceivably be because your ip address has changed - or it could be because you've logged on from a different computer and not logged off there. Making sure you log off after each session (even if you're only using a single computer) should virtually eliminate this kind of message.

That first picture is a Windows Live login error, not a Yahoo Mail error.

So which service do you use, and which is causing a problem?

That last error picture I dont like at all. It is not normal.

In future, when posting images you should redact any personal information like email addresses.

Probably you used to have an application running in your mobile phone to check your emails, and recently you change your password from the yahoo website, just uninstall the application from your mobile or check yahoo website and check how to configure your email account in your mobile

why?

thanks for your comment any way.

That first picture is a Windows Live login error, not a Yahoo Mail error.

So which service do you use, and which is causing a problem?

That last error picture I dont like at all. It is not normal.

In future, when posting images you should redact any personal information like email addresses.

Dear sir

You have been most definitely hacked.

Luckily my Nigerian uncle will be released from a camp where they made him concentrate and lose weight. He can fix this problem if you were to wire 1,000 USD to my account PM for details, This is a very common problem, many think be hack but not in real, it just be the internet that try to help people

I was wondering why you qualify the last picture revealing an e-mail address was NOT normal...that's all

no reason to get excited

as i stated

i DO appreciate ANY comments in an issue were i am not familiar with.

Even our respected 1000 dollar offer member.

take care

hgma

why?

Why what?

I made 4 statements and asked 2 questions. Which are you responding to?

I was wondering why you qualify the last picture revealing an e-mail address was NOT normal...that's all

no reason to get excited

I am not excited. It takes more than a Windows error to excite me.

That last error is not normal and needs investigating. I dont like it.

The other errors appear to be what they say they are: you probably have some device/programme configured to login with the wrong password. Either way, you should immediately change your password and use something secure as the new password (hint: a secure password is a random mixture of upper and lower-case letters, numbers and other characters). Also scan your PC for malware.

If you are using a mobile to login then a change of simcard may produce the same error messages. It happened to many times before I realised what was wrong.

As for the "Unknown error" message. I have had similar messages from Hotmail when I try to log off. Sometimes I can't log off. I have no idea why but I don't really care as I don't use Hotmail for serious emailing.

Try Googling the error and see what comes up.

Incidentally, I use Gmail and have done so since it's early days and never had any problems until about two weeks ago when I opened my account a saw a red message bar " Your account has been accessed from an address in Argentina".

I checked and yes someone had accessed my account from an IP address in Argentina but the time was the same time that I had Gmail open. Anyway I immediately changed the password and as far as I can see no damage has been done.

all you guys

thanks.......

hgma

Incidentally, I use Gmail and have done so since it's early days and never had any problems until about two weeks ago when I opened my account a saw a red message bar " Your account has been accessed from an address in Argentina".

I checked and yes someone had accessed my account from an IP address in Argentina but the time was the same time that I had Gmail open. Anyway I immediately changed the password and as far as I can see no damage has been done.

Ditto the above experience but it was SA and Brazil for me, had been going on for two days and a couple of guys were sending odd emails from my account - changed the password and all has been fine for several months.